Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
banmh4u1-620x300.jpg

Come here to discuss the game, ask for help, or to find people to play online with!

For now, feel free to discuss the game, or simply use this thread to find buddies to play the demo with online!

I'll add this with more reference links and videos later but yea..

Last edited:
I got four demo codes from Nintendo right after the Direct. I'll be playing that soon and will hopefully enjoy it as much as previous MH titles. The N3DS should make controlling it easier at least. I didn't like the way MH3 played on the 3DS.

I was also really excited to find 4 keys for the MH4 demo in my email inbox today. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was the one reason I actually bought my 3DS XL, having enjoyed the 3 previous games on PSP. I honestly can't wait to be able to simply have native online play, myself and many others have been hoping for it for the past 3 game releases that it's had. It's a brilliant game on singleplayer, but it really shines when you have other people to play with but seeing as my brothers didn't play much since I actually bought the game, I was at a loss who I could actually play with.

Last edited:
2902515737_1.gif

I've been so inactive on MH3U for WiiU
because everyone stopped getting online for it
but I'm convinced that I may consider the N3DS bundle for this.
Sucks I didn't get a demo but I'm about to hound some people to get one.

Hooray for good news!

Last edited:
I can't seem to get a straight up answer anywhere, so thought I'd ask here. I know they're saying there will be a New 3ds bundle with MH4U, but does anyone know if MH4U will be released for the regular 3ds as well, or is it only for the new 3ds? I know there are demos out that work for the regular 3ds so I'm probably just being a bit paranoid but :/

Last edited:
I can't seem to get a straight up answer anywhere, so thought I'd ask here. I know they're saying there will be a New 3ds bundle with MH4U, but does anyone know if MH4U will be released for the regular 3ds as well, or is it only for the new 3ds? I know there are demos out that work for the regular 3ds so I'm probably just being a bit paranoid but :/

I believe it's available to play on both :). You can certainly play the demo on both.

I'm really looking forward to this :).

I got the 4 download codes today and played it with my friends. I only did the 3 available hunts and then left it and probably won't play it again until release since upgrading my own character is a big thing the demo is obviously lacking...As well as the interface for the demo menu's etc being clunky, but it's only the demo, so it's no big deal.

It felt like more of the same but better. Overall movement felt better faster and more fluid, some of the new additions like 'riding' monsters is pretty awesome, and that new weapon 'charge blade' or whatever it's called is likely going to be my main melee weapon. Also can't wait to get a Feyline instead of bloody Cha-Cha as well...Cha-Cha irritated me so much in MH3.

Still wish it was getting a Wii U release though, or at least gets one in the near future...I've been playing MH3U pretty much non stop with my friends for the past few weeks and going back to Monster Hunter on 3DS today was a real downgrade.
I'm kind of worried whether or not it will have in game chat as well, especially since the demo didn't. It will be pretty damn lame if it doesn't. I'll be able to chat via skype or something on my laptop, but it's extra effort I don't want to have to go through.

I think you're a bit too excited...

It's Monster Hunter...There's no such thing as "too excited".

It's being released on regular 3DS. It will control exactly the same as MH3 did on 3DS and I believe it also supports circle pad pro if
you have one.

Managed to get a demo, really enjoyed it so far.

Only done Great Jaggi and Tetsu, gonna wait a little bit before I hunt Gore though.

I did online too, which actually took twice as long as a solo hunt???????

Anyway, I'm after a US demo code for a friend, if anyone's got a spare, mind giving it to me? I can pay 100 TBT bells if you want

nvm got one

Last edited:
I got two codes available. If anyone needs one just message me.
And...I have my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Bundle pre-ordered already!!

Got no internet on my 3DS, so I will have to say no to this one I guess, online play for me is to important for the Monster Hunter experience.

Still not sure if I should pre order the 3DS bundle...

I probably wont, and I'll either skip getting the new 3ds, or get plan black one later.

I'm still holding out that the Collectors Editon will come to Australia - which I'll get instead

I just found out I got a code today, I just saw it and my jaw nearly dropped. I tested out the new weps on great jaggi plus checked on my old favorite the Gunlance, then I went straight to Gore Magala...HOLY CRAP I have never had such an Epic heart pounding battle in Monster Hunter like this since I took down my first surprise Deviljho in MH3U on my first try, dodging all its shots knocking it out the sky climbing on its back seeing my felynes jump on it's face and break it's horns and the final F*** you Charge Axe strike that finished it off, oh man when you guys take that thing on yall are gonna be in for a wild ride, Day 1 purchase right here!

been waiting for the na code since release but i didn't get :( but my friend bought me a code and it's been really fun. holy crap the second mission was p hard i almost ran outta time to finish ahh

really enjoy using the bow weapon so far

I actually just got a code for this game... I was wondering if I should try it or not. I'm not a huge fan of the Monster Hunter series.

Huh... so selected people get the demo code?
Hah makes sense, here I was searching the eshop for the demo xD

I've never played a monster hunter game but I wanted to check this one out.

I actually just got a code for this game... I was wondering if I should try it or not. I'm not a huge fan of the Monster Hunter series.

Can't hurt to give it a try ;) A friend of mine isn't much that fan of this serie either, but he has plenty of fun when playing with friends, or at least other people - online multi was a huge miss with MH3U for 3DS IMO.
You won't have nothing else to do beside hunting though with demo. You still can do some gathering or what else but it doesn't make much sense out of overall game context.

Back