• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✿ Daisy Support Thread ✿

Murray

Super Escalator
Retired Staff
Bells
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Special Snowflake
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Toy Hammer
Blue Mote of Flame
Green Balloon
Green Balloon
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
ZS7YICt.png

UXQNTlr.png

Hi I'm Daisy

With the recent release of games such as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker it has been evidenced that even seemingly meaningless side characters can make their own game, take Toadette for example, although not in the title, she plays a prominent part in Captain Toad. So the real question is, isn't it about time that Nintendo delivers unto us a Princess Daisy game? The answer is yes.

cr3uzee.png

First of all let us discuss the history of Daisy, and how she has evolved as a character leading up to her inevitable day in the spotlight. Princess Daisy first appeared in Super Mario Land, and has since sky-rocketed into popularity by appearing in many games since.

daisy_in_mario_golf_world_tour____by_real_princess_peach-d76jrem.png
In the ever popular Mario Golf series, Daisy has frequently appeared as the strongest female character, yet just another reason why she would make a great, powerful female representation for Nintendo's male moustachio'd dominated market.

Even if she wasn't playable in some of these games, her repeated presence shows that this character's significance can not be quashed. Yet another reason why she would make an excellent character in her own game.

It is clear that Daisy is here to stay as she appears further in the Mario Tennis series, the Mario Party series, the Mario Kart series, the Mario Baseball series, the Mario Strikers series and many other popular Nintendo franchises as a significant, playable character.

cr3uzee.png

We then come to one of Nintendo's most popular franchises of all time, no, not Mario Golf, but Super Smash brothers. For the recent 3ds and Wii U release of this title, due to 3ds limitations there was a specific cap to how many characters could appear, and thus receiving a spot would be the highest of honours. Yet sadly as it happens, this was not Daisy's big break, yet we know that she was 'thiiiiiis' close:

180px-Peach_SSB4_Artwork_-_Daisy.jpg

NOTE: THIS IS NOT DAISY

This Princess Peach cameo shows that Daisy was a strong possibility. Not only does she have her own trophy, but you can even dress your mii with a daisy wig and crown! It is clear that Mr Sakurai was so desperate to fit in Daisy, but through one reason or another, likely involving console limitations she was not able to be a playable character. This time.

cr3uzee.png

So in conclusion, it should be now obvious that a Princess Daisy game is inevitable, heck, even Peach has her own game!

TKI2yS8.jpg

:/​

So the real question is when will we finally see Daisy in her own game? When will we get a Daisy amiibo? Will we receive an announcement at e3 this year, or will we have to wait a bit longer? Personally I think Daisy would be great in an RPG role and that it will no doubt release around Christmas in an unknown number of years, as it would make a fantastic holiday title.

So who else likes daisy?

~UPDATE~

tumblr_nm7p050n4t1tb5vj5o1_500.png

Last edited:
Daisy was so hardcore in Mario Party 3.

She was also fun in Double Dash as well.
Daisy Cruiser one of the best courses imo.

I think she does deserve more recognition and a spin off title and a slot in the next Smash game.

Let us not forget Daisy's major appearance in mario and sonic at the olympic games, the series!!

I think the difference between Daisy and Captain Toad is how the Captain Toad game actually came to be, with them wanting a character who for some reason wouldn't be able to jump.

There needs to be a game that, like Captain Toad, only Daisy would be able to suit the role.

The alternate Peach costume has also been in Smash since Melee, so I believe. I think if Sakurai really wanted Daisy in the game it would have happened by now.

I have no strong feelings for or against her. To me she's just a doubles partner along with WaLuigi.

I think the difference between Daisy and Captain Toad is how the Captain Toad game actually came to be, with them wanting a character who for some reason wouldn't be able to jump.

There needs to be a game that, like Captain Toad, only Daisy would be able to suit the role.

The alternate Peach costume has also been in Smash since Melee, so I believe. I think if Sakurai really wanted Daisy in the game it would have happened by now.

I have no strong feelings for or against her. To me she's just a doubles partner along with WaLuigi.

perhaps some of the smash brothers team didn't want Daisy in the game, but Mr Sakurai has for a while been trying to sneak more and more Daisy into the games. It's inevitable.

Daisy is a strong female character that fights stereotypes like peach who wear pink... Girls can wear other colours like ORANGE too

Peach is my favourite princess, but before, I used to love Daisy. She always used to be my character of choice in Mario Kart and Mario Party. Plus, Daisy Cruiser in Double Dash is my all time favourite track. :) Really wish it was in MK8 but sadly they put it in MK7 instead, so... But yeah, I think Daisy's just sort of been forgotten about, what with Rosalina now. :\ It's kind of a shame, I really don't like Rosalina at all. She was in Galaxy, and now she's being thrown about everywhere else for the... Creepy fans... :confused: It's a shame but I think Daisy has sort of been forgotten about now, since Rosalina is essentially the new replacement.

Back