• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How to make music...

Boidoh

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
I recently got really sick of hearing the Delfino Plaza theme in my town. At this point it is a nuisance everytime I hear that tune and I want to make a new one. I wanted my new one to be the Ninjago Overture, you know, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgREiPOGGL4

So I wanted to know how exactly I learn to make the notes to the music for the town tune..

Erm.. I found this on the web... To quote:

"There is none that I know of, but I did manage to play the Overture on piano, and considering I'm a guitarist, that's pretty impressive. If you know the note, just play along to what sounds right. The only problem is knowing which note it starts on. I'm pretty sure Overture starts on G. This is how I've played it:

G (quaver) - B♭ (quaver) - G (quaver) - F (quaver) - D (crotchet) - C (quaver) - B♭ (quaver) - C (crotchet) - F (dotted minim)

D (quaver) - F (quaver) - D (quaver) - C (quaver) - B♭ (crotchet) - G (quaver) - B♭ (quaver) - C (semibreve)

G (quaver) - B♭ (quaver) - G (quaver) - F (quaver) - D (crotchet) - C (quaver) - B♭ (quaver) - C (crotchet) - F (crotchet) -
D (crotchet) - C (crotchet) - B♭ (semibreve) - C (semibreve)

It would be a lot better if I could post sheet music on. I'd write it, but for who? Just play with these notes, and you should be fine. I'm pretty sure the key is C minor. It doesn't start on a C, but the starting note is in the tonic triad in C minor, and it ends on a C. It's at 90 beats per minute. I don't know if it's the exact key, but it sounds close. Just write this into a really good music program called Reflow. It's in 4/4 time, C minor, and 90 Beats per minute. Good luck with the other pieces."

It gives the letters, but I have no clue what quaver and crotchet mean...

I do it by ear. hum the part of the song you want to do & match the notes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

b66Nssm.png

i just tried to make it real quick. i'd add an extra _ on the end. try it and tweak it if you want!

- - - Post Merge - - -

and if you want a different part of the song i can try that too

Last edited:
Back