• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Expectations/Predictions for new Animal Crossing?

-More storage
-Bat villagers
-Another octopus
-The ability to turn PWPs sideways
-Two new personalities
-More note options for town tune (not a big deal to many but I'm huge on music)
-More design storage
-Slopes and more foresty vibes, like in the GC version
-Old villagers being brought back
-Ability to change color of buildings
-Ability to choose where villagers move
-Ability to force a villager out
-Ability to convince a villager to stay when they're in boxes
-Ability to get a villager to move back without cycling
-Ability to change PWP and house placements without erasing them and rebuilding
-A grid shown for when you're placing PWPs
-More in-depth personalities, the ones in New Leaf are so weak

All I can think of at the moment.

The obstacle in making Bats villagers is actually making them likeable. Bats are pretty ugly animals, they look like monstrous mice with wings (actually, the French word for bat is chauve-souris which means bald-mouse). If the Nintendo artist can make likeable bats, than we are good to go. But, right off the bat like that, I don't think we are going to get bats, worms or snakes villagers...

Last edited:
The obstacle in making Bats villagers is actually making them likeable. Bats are pretty ugly animals, they look like monstrous mice with wings (actually, the French word for bat is chauve-souris which means bald-mouse). If the Nintendo artist can make likeable bats, than we are good to go. But, right off the bat like that, I don't think we are going to get bats, worms or snakes villagers...

Worms or snakes? That's something people actually suggest? Wow. I have no idea how they'd do that. They don't have arms...

I doubt bats or sharks (seen suggestions for them) will ever happen.

I'd like it if the animal villagers had mailboxes so you can deliver them right now.

Of course, that'll make Pete useless, but the animals can get their letters anytime.

I hope it's as creative and making it more YOUR GAME like New Leaf is.
-More storage
-Multiple Storage items

i'd like to think bats will happen. a lot of people dont think they'd work, but if you google image something like 'animal crossing bat villagers" there's a lot of fan art, and tbh they look really good.

plus, not that i think it'd happen, but bat villagers would show an opportunity to allow nocturnal villagers, like ok you're playing at like 4am and everyone is sleeping but ohey there's one of my bat villagers walking around nbd.

Last edited:
i'd like to think bats will happen. a lot of people dont think they'd work, but if you google image something like 'animal crossing bat villagers" there's a lot of fan art, and tbh they look really good.

plus, not that i think it'd happen, but bat villagers would show an opportunity to allow nocturnal villagers, like ok you're playing at like 4am and everyone is sleeping but ohey there's one of my bat villagers walking around nbd.

Well, more likely than worms, I'll give 'em that :p

I would imagine that bat villagers would probably just use a model similar to cat villagers {the head at least}...just with bat wings.

I'm sure they can make bats look likable, they have anteaters and wolves in Animal Crossing which are also known to be either creepy or scary.
I want to see badgers in Animal Crossing, go for a full on Wind in the Willows themed town, well, Resetti will have to be mr mole :)

That intrigues me. Which ones ?

Sorry for the late reply, but they should put actual swimsuits in place of wetsuits, give all the villagers actual paws, and have the villagers change their clothes depending on the season.

Last edited:
I wish villagers wouldn't change there clothes unless you sen them clothes in the male. Or I like the seasonal clothes idea.
I want a majora moon, mother brain, falchion, and the fire emblem as fortune cookie items, as well as nintendo soundtracks (zelda, mario, metroid, themes)

Different types of saplings to purchase, other than the normal ones and cedar. (Birch, Maple, hemlock etc.)

A steampunk gracie set, maybe another new gracie set too

Props sold at Labelles (like an umbrella and a prop each day king's scepter,broomstick, sword,glowstick etc.)

More house exteriors

I want a few more villagers (like 20) and for them to butcher at least 30 of them

The normal personality renamed mellow, and the uchi personality renamed tomboy or something that isn't a foreign word.

I think it would be pretty cool if your mayor could be something other than a human. Also, the rocks are pretty annoying, so I hope they will let you choose where to place them.

A restaurant ran by Franklin that you can unlock on your Main Street. You can bring him different ingredients and complete a recipe book as you go a long. Maybe earn bells or have exclusive items (ala The Roost) when you sell dishes to customers.

Back