• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Would You Buy Gen I and II Games on Virtual Console?

Holla

🌸
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
If Nintendo released the original Pokemon games (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, And Crystal) on virtual console would you buy at least one?

Unfortunatley it likely wont happen as they have said before that you won't be able to trade and because it's an important part of Pokemon they refuse to put it on virtual console.

I personally think they should still put it on virtual console because I'm sure many people would still buy it including myself. Also, even if I went out of my way to buy a system that would play the originals and the games themselves I'd have to fight with the battery dying and losing your save issue and I can't exactly trade with anyone anyways because I don't know anyone who owns the original games in the first place. I have also played gen 3 - 5 without trading with anyone (no friends with the games close by and didn't have wifi until gen 5 was discontinued online) and I still greatly enjoyed the games.

YES

I first started with Diamond so I have no clue what anything before it was like. I also just want to see the terrible sprites in Gen I.

Gen I was a broken pile of crap, so definitely not. Gen II is a big fat maybe, because I'm seriously unsure if I could enjoy it now.

I grew up with those games, but I feel like with the adjustments made in later generations I'd not be able to enjoy it as much. I have a hard time even playing Gen 5 titles because of that.

I would love to play the Gen I games on a big screen, so yes. My sister has some sort of adapter thing for her SNES that allows her to play Game Boy games on it. I've watched her play Yellow using it, and it's awesome. Some cute little Pikachu frame shows up on the screen. :) Anyway, I personally wouldn't care about being unable to trade, because at this point, I've caught all the Pokemon anyway. I would just want to replay it for nostalgia value and because I love the Kanto region so much.

I would probably get Yellow and Crystal at least. Yellow to experience it in English fully and Crystal to relive what was lost to me two-ish years ago. RIP Crystal Battery 2002 - 2012

There was a poll on this before and I said yes, but now it'd be a no. I could play FR/LG to play the better version of Gen 1, and HG/SS for the better version of Gen 2. I could also send them to AS to use now if I bought the remakes.

YES!

When I had Gold, I had no one to trade with so I don't care lol.

I personally would. I'd really like Crystal and Yellow, because I never played those, but I think being able to play the old games would bring back some good feelings for veteran players.

No I'd get physical copies. I hate those digital things too much, they cram up a lot of space(Yes, I had to get Re;birth 1 on psn store because you pretty much needed the DLC and they ****ed up the US release).

I wouldn't.

In the case of gen I, it's just a broken mess.
Back then we didn't have anything to really compare it to, so it wasn't really an issue when I first played it. These days though, there's just so much wrong with it in terms of balance, gameplay mechanics, features that flat out just don't work etc. The original sprites are (for the most part) awful as well. There's so many sprites that just look outright awful, which is especially annoying when it's the sprite for a Pokemon I liked.

Gen II just feels like a game that if I went back to now, it would show its age and I would struggle to enjoy it like I used to.

FR/LG or HG/SS on the other hand, I probably could pick back up and enjoy to an extent. They at least fixed a lot of original issues with the games.

i wouldnt get gen i, as its broken 4ever but mayb gen ii. sadly i dont hav the money to buy a system or game.

Yes I would! I think I would enjoy playing Pokemon Crystal and have the old games more readily available to new and old players.

There's a site where you can play the old Gen I & Gen II games, but that's not legal. :p

Yes I would! I think I would enjoy playing Pokemon Crystal and have the old games more readily available to new and old players.

There's a site where you can play the old Gen I & Gen II games, but that's not legal. :p

theres websites where you download roms and emulators to play tons of games and of course it isnt legal BUT DO WE CARE OF COURSE NOT

instant buy tbh
im pretty new to the pkmn games even tho I've been watching the anime 4ever
so I actually never played any before kalos, but this would convince me to play it

Back