• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games You Regret Buying

I did play Skyward Sword and it's one of the best Zelda games. Fi never got on my nerves, I liked her a lot.

Skyrim. I wasn't a fan of the game. But, allow me to reflect on why, as this one is one of those games many people loved that I just wasn't a fan of.

First off I'm a Capricorn. I need order. While lots of people hate linearity in games, I embrace it in a warm hug that tells us both that it's okay to be on a set path. While a star-sign may seem to be a cop-out in the reasons department, I'm also quite obsessive over a specific order, doing things in that specific order, and knowing which is a required and which is a non-required part of the story. I also appreciate doing everything a game has to offer. I feel it gives you much more enjoyment in the game.

The problem was mostly that I kept getting lost. Every time I got lost it took something away from me that could have been completed according to my game-time schedule which became endlessly frustrating for me. I did have fun with customization, but by three hours into the game I felt like I had accomplished nothing at all (which isn't true, I killed everyone in Whiterun.) I didn't like that feeling coupled with a game that I had hoped progress would be a staple in. Not just progress for the sake of progress though. True, noticeable changes.

Maybe the end of the game is better. I just wasn't able to get there myself. Tl;Dr too much stuff at once.

Got it as a gift, but I wanted it. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I forced myself to keep playing to see if it got better, it didn't...

Twilight Princess. It's one of the worst Zelda games, if not the worst.

I wept reading this. Twilight Princess is my absolute favourite. I've played it so many times I can 100% the game without a guide, it's my obsession. ;-; But yeah it seems to split the Zelda fandom, you either love it or hate it haha.

Anyways, for me it's MySims for the Wii. Got great reviews, I just hated it from the moment I picked it up. Just a clunky building simulator. Ending up trading it in for The Simpsons Game which was kind of funny but not a great game either.

Ended up trading that and a few other games in when New Leaf came out. EB Games had one of those "get an extra however much % credit towards x game", which was NL at the time. I was surprised, they actually gave me a really good price for everything. I got rid of some crap games, got NL, and had credit left over. So it all worked out.

Usually I'm very particular about what games I buy, so this rarely happens.

I wept reading this. Twilight Princess is my absolute favourite. I've played it so many times I can 100% the game without a guide, it's my obsession. ;-; But yeah it seems to split the Zelda fandom, you either love it or hate it haha.

Anyways, for me it's MySims for the Wii. Got great reviews, I just hated it from the moment I picked it up. Just a clunky building simulator. Ending up trading it in for The Simpsons Game which was kind of funny but not a great game either.

Ended up trading that and a few other games in when New Leaf came out. EB Games had one of those "get an extra however much % credit towards x game", which was NL at the time. I was surprised, they actually gave me a really good price for everything. I got rid of some crap games, got NL, and had credit left over. So it all worked out.

Usually I'm very particular about what games I buy, so this rarely happens.

I'm not a fan of Twilight Princess either to be honest. I did really enjoy Skyward Sword though.

I wept reading this. Twilight Princess is my absolute favourite.

I feel you! It isn't my favorite (partial to OoT), but I did love playing it. Although I do prefer it on GameCube by FAR... the Wii controls were frustrating.

PMD: Gates To Infinity, soooo watered-down compared to the other games. I got it b/c I wanted to play as Snivy lmao but the game was so slow I have no desire at all to re-play it which makes it not worth the price to me. I'll probably give it to my niece once she can read better. :V

I can agree with parts of it, however I do enjoy mostly because I never finished too many 'achievement' quests and pretty much roamed around doing things on the side. I am a Capricorn as well and I very much agree about the order part, but I managed to find this game pretty enjoyable despite the large open-world attire to it. Some 'achievement' quests I never bother it, and the many bugs and glitches made it even less enjoyable. I do agree it's very overrated though, there are better RPG games out there.

Pokemon X/Y.... the game play sucked so bad! Than after the gameplay the after play was even more boring...

Pokemon X/Y.... the game play sucked so bad! Than after the gameplay the after play was even more boring...

Yes finally someone who doesn't like it. I tried it because hey Pok?mon and I had a 3DS at the time. Can't say I'm impressed at all. I mean.. Too much graphics and too little good gameplay. Wonder trade was the only good thing lel

Yes finally someone who doesn't like it. I tried it because hey Pok?mon and I had a 3DS at the time. Can't say I'm impressed at all. I mean.. Too much graphics and too little good gameplay. Wonder trade was the only good thing lel

wonder trade I trade bad pokemon for like eevee's and stuff

I got the eletric zebra one in one trade

wonder trade I trade bad pokemon for like eevee's and stuff

I got the eletric zebra one in one trade
Got a level 55 golem pretty early in game and hidden ability stuff so that was p much only good thing. that large town that used to be glitched was horrible too ew

WOW! Someone agrees with me! The pokemon didn't even look good. You could tell they only really focused on the graphics. The only things I like were Wonder Trade and how they made it so you can search pokemon on the GTS even if not in pokedex. The elite 4 sucked along with the champion. I wish they didn't do so bad at the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Got a level 55 golem pretty early in game and hidden ability stuff so that was p much only good thing. that large town that used to be glitched was horrible too ew

Lumiose, I didn't get the game until the glitch was fixed. All I know is if you saved by a cab or on the outskirts of town the game froze. Sounds like it sucked.

WOW! Someone agrees with me! The pokemon didn't even look good. You could tell they only really focused on the graphics. The only things I like were Wonder Trade and how they made it so you can search pokemon on the GTS even if not in pokedex. The elite 4 sucked along with the champion. I wish they didn't do so bad at the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lumiose, I didn't get the game until the glitch was fixed. All I know is if you saved by a cab or on the outskirts of town the game froze. Sounds like it sucked.

Yes yes, I think i played after they fixed the cab but that town was horrid. And yes they did too much graphics and Skyrim-ish long open world stuff, no no no I'll just go back to green :u

Yes yes, I think i played after they fixed the cab but that town was horrid. And yes they did too much graphics and Skyrim-ish long open world stuff, no no no I'll just go back to green :u

Lumiose has always been hard to get around, people said Castelia city was bad (which I didn't think so), but come on and look at Lumiose city.... That town was always hard to get around. That's why they put the cabs, but I never wanted to spend the money so I would sit there for 10 minutes looking for were I am going. They knew the city was hard to get around so they put the cabs there and didn't care.

Lumiose has always been hard to get around, people said Castelia city was bad (which I didn't think so), but come on and look at Lumiose city.... That town was always hard to get around. That's why they put the cabs, but I never wanted to spend the money so I would sit there for 10 minutes looking for were I am going. They knew the city was hard to get around so they put the cabs there and didn't care.
Castelia was like a mountain village in comparison lol. Idk about ORAS games and how they did on those since they are remakes but X/Y def. put me off those games for a while.

Castelia was like a mountain village in comparison lol. Idk about ORAS games and how they did on those since they are remakes but X/Y def. put me off those games for a while.

I never bought the games because I quit pokemon, although before I quit I always wanted to get ORAS. I just refuse to go back into pokemon, and don't even mention Delphox. lol The pokemon are horribal, Delphox, Diggersby, Yvetal, Xerneas, Chesnaught, etc, not to mention I didn't like Mega Evolution. They ruined pokemon by mega evolving.

I never bought the games because I quit pokemon, although before I quit I always wanted to get ORAS. I just refuse to go back into pokemon, and don't even mention Delphox. lol The pokemon are horribal, Delphox, Diggersby, Yvetal, Xerneas, Chesnaught, etc, not to mention I didn't like Mega Evolution. They ruined pokemon by mega evolving.

They did, they should know how to quit. Yeah I somewhat quit it too.. except for the gameboy/advance stuff, they were fun since it actually took some effort.

Back