Games You Regret Buying

Tomodachi Life. It's so damn stupid, and the game is practically played for you. It's super popular with the "gamer girls" in my school. No, you are not a hardcore gamer for playing Tomodachi Life.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

that money will never come back. it was just a demo for the wii u. ; ;

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tomodachi Life. It's so damn stupid, and the game is practically played for you. It's super popular with the "gamer girls" in my school. No, you are not a hardcore gamer for playing Tomodachi Life.

I second that as well.

Last edited:
Tomodachi Life, the fun just disappeared fast after I did everything I wanted and it wasn't much... Within about a month I guess I just stopped. Plus I had seen everything it through at me besides taking your miis to space. I prefer to watch one guy playing it, then myself playing it. Not a huge regret but eh. It was fun while it lasted, but I wish it was a bit cheaper. Or maybe I just need more creative miis...

...Fantasy Life. I'm sorry but after so much, I want to love this game I just can't anymore. The first 2 weeks I loved it, I thought it was going to take over Animal Crossing New Leaf for me, its replacement. But the deeper I got into the game no, soon the fun died out, some due to flaws... I'm not so big into RPGs besides Earthbound/Mother and Pokemon, but I thought why not. Perhaps it's become most of my friends had the DLC at the time I finally got it, I had no one. And the reason why I wanted this game because of everyone telling me how good it was, along with my friends... and then ended up all alone... yah! I just can't explain it, but when I go into the game it feels like a chore...and all that text...... not the same fun I get out of Earthbound/Mother and Pokemon. Although I have tried the online feature once with a tbt member, and it was fun. But I hate the chat box...

Last edited:
Everyone went and bought up Tomodatchi Life and hated it, we'll probably get another one now because sales were strong. Good going you guys.

Regret buying Amnesia, it's so boring :/ waste of $7 on steam HAHA

The thing that gets to me is the interaction in the main story. There is none. It's so dumb. I mean in typical RPGs a character says, "we need to kill this boss to advance the story", but in this game each chapter is just people talking. Even later in the game, your butterfly partner asks if you want to fight some monsters. If you say no, SHE DOES IT FOR YOU.

I was really disappointed because this game is more about checking to-do list for people than saving the world or doing anything meaningful with your time. I enjoyed the gameplay mechanics, I just wish the story mode was more than just hand-holding text boxes. That, combined with your character's inability to communicate whatsoever, really make you detached from the characters/story in the this game.
Yeah, that was a definite flaw. Then again the game tried to fit to all play styles so they couldn't force you to do anything since maybe you just didn't play a combat life or didn't want to fight. Which would be a pretty stupid choice considering that'd be ignoring like 75% of the game, but still.

200hrs? But you hated it? What took you so long to realize...

Nah, I didn't hate it. It just ate up so much time. You know what I mean? And it wasn't really fun, it was basically just grinding to get better gear. It was addicting, like how an MMO is supposed to be. They're supposed to keep bringing you back. I didn't realize how bad my habits were until I checked my gameplay total. 200 hours within the course of like, two months. It was a decent game, but I regret buying it because I could've spent 200 hours writing a chillstep song or something. Y'oh well.

Last edited:
Regret buying Amnesia, it's so boring :/ waste of $7 on steam HAHA

Amnesia was pretty scary. I think it's a good game. Unlike FNAF, it didn't rely on jump scares. My favorite part is the water monster.

Last edited:
I think that I kind of regret buying Harvest Moon: Lost Valley for 3DS... I thought it was going to be more like the ones before, but it wasn't. I had pre-ordered it, and it came with the tiny dog plush fro the game. I play it, but not often.

Monster Hunter. Friends told me to get it so I could play with them, though I felt really iffy about the controls...
Couldn't play the game at all. And it was a digital copy, as I only had my NA 3DS at the time :'(

Nah, I didn't hate it. It just ate up so much time. You know what I mean? And it wasn't really fun, it was basically just grinding to get better gear. It was addicting, like how an MMO is supposed to be. They're supposed to keep bringing you back. I didn't realize how bad my habits were until I checked my gameplay total. 200 hours within the course of like, two months. It was a decent game, but I regret buying it because I could've spent 200 hours writing a chillstep song or something. Y'oh well.

Oh okay. I understand that feeling. Fun but pointless.

Monster Hunter. Friends told me to get it so I could play with them, though I felt really iffy about the controls...
Couldn't play the game at all. And it was a digital copy, as I only had my NA 3DS at the time :'(
Yeah I got the 3U for 3DS when I had it. Did not get the hype at all. Both the camera and controls were so flickery I didn't get a crap done

Yeah I got the 3U for 3DS when I had it. Did not get the hype at all. Both the camera and controls were so flickery I didn't get a crap done

Same, I did the WiiU version but did the 3DS demo anyway at some point, but nonetheless I got the same outcome. The whole game is;
Get Mission to kill Monster
Kill monster in same fashion you've killed the others.
Get Reward
Repeat 10,000 times.

Camera is awkward, actions are terrible, upgrades, food, other items = almost all nearly pointless. I shouldn't have to get use to slow attacks and nearly everything leaves you open to vulnerability. I gave it a hardcore chance too and played decent amount of the game, but it was so repetitive and predictable. The series feels stuck on PS2.

Tch, whatever keeps Capcom afloat I guess.

Same, I did the WiiU version but did the 3DS demo anyway at some point, but nonetheless I got the same outcome. The whole game is;
Get Reward
Repeat 10,000 times.

Camera is awkward, actions are terrible, upgrades, food, other items = almost all nearly pointless. I shouldn't have to get use to slow attacks and nearly everything leaves you open to vulnerability. I gave it a hardcore chance too and played decent amount of the game, but it was so repetitive and predictable. The series feels stuck on PS2.

I think it's probably like Dynasty Warriors games. You either like it or you don't. And if you like it, then you probably LOVE it. i.e. put hundreds of hours into it and buy every version.

Me personally, I don't understand the appeal. It seems like endless boss battles that lead nowhere and has no sense of accomplishment. But then again, I've never played a Monster Hunter game. From watching videos and streams of it though, I never got an excitement to want to try it.

Maybe the multiplayer seems interesting but the recent versions have sorta been a let down for multiplayer, especially locally.

Touch My Katamari
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

I'd never played either of these series before, so I thought I'd start with these games. I regret it immensely. :/

Get Reward
Repeat 10,000 times.

Pretty much the same. I tried one of the ports for PSP as well. Nope I don't get it at all.

Also Secret Agent Clank. I thought it was gonna be waaaay better but just another bad stealth game

Me personally, I don't understand the appeal. It seems like endless boss battles that lead nowhere and has no sense of accomplishment. But then again, I've never played a Monster Hunter game. From watching videos and streams of it though, I never got an excitement to want to try it.

Maybe the multiplayer seems interesting but the recent versions have sorta been a let down for multiplayer, especially locally.

Wait...What? If you've never played a Monster Hunter game, how would you know whether the newer games multiplayer is a let down? Especially locally?

Back