• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games You Regret Buying

I haven't regretted a whole lot of purchases, but the two ones I remember regretting are one of the Harvest Moon games I got for my 3DS. Can't remember what it was called, but I do remember there were a ton of things I hated about it, which is a shame, because I liked some of the previous HM titles I played, and expected way better than what I got. I was kind of shocked that the game received mostly positive reviews.

The other game, I bought digitally, so I can't return it. :/ I really wanted to like Pokemon X, and I was debating getting that or Ocarina of Time. I really wish I'd gone for OoT. I haven't played it since a few days after I got it, which was months ago. I just don't feel any motivation to.

$40 is kind of a lot to waste on a game I dislike that I can't even return. *sigh*

WWE: Allstars on 3DS was a great disappointment to me.

Slow, lack of response to controls. I just found it very underwhelming.

The one most recent is New Super Mario Bros 2. I paid full price for a Mario game that rehashed pieces of the the two New Super Mario Bros games before it with a pointless objective and stale levels. I sold it for $30, should have read the reviews first

Kingdom Hearts for 3DS, the most recent game. Honestly, it was pretty disappointing. I've been listening to the themes of the characters and already had thoughts about buying the game for that reason, and the youtubers I watch talk about their obsession with the Kingdom Hearts series. I thought it was a great game and was convinced to buy it, but I basically wasted like $40 on a game I only played for like half an hour. I had thoughts about selling it through here, but haha..strict parents. It's probably just the fact that I found out disney characters are a part of the game that made me uninterested, but the story in general as well as the controls didn't interest me at all. I'll try getting back into it in the future..but I really just plan on playing the game on long road trips or plane rides, which won't be for awhile

The Pushmo games, as I was told tgat tgey were really fun, but in actuality they were pretty boring.
Mario Kart 7 (as my final CN reward) It's not terrible, but The controls feel kinda slippery, and it takes a while to unlock a new character. (And the cast is so small)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, am I the only one who actually likes Spirit Tracks?

Titanfall. It seemed cool when it first came out, but overtime it became really annoying. After people started unlocking more stuff it became too difficult to mount a Titan and take out the pilot. Then, when you're on the verge of killing another pilot in a Titan they always escape. I also don't want to play with NPCs. They're easy to kill and boring.

Last edited:
Fantasy life, I never have a chance to play it and it's kinda boring to me

For 3ds, I'd say Pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity and which ever harvest moon came out on 3ds. I really wanted to like both of the games, I actually kinda got into harvest moon (but only with a friend who stopped playing).

Fantasy Life was cute but I played for a few hours and just can't bring myself to pick it back up. I kept waiting for it to dig its claws in like Animal Crossing did and I was sorely disappointed. Huge let down. :/

Rune Factory 4 isn't much better imo. There's no depth to the characters and I'm coming fresh off some games that had great character development and relationships in them, so the whole marriage/relationship portion of RF4 seems to hollow in comparison and that alone is pretty discouraging. I'll pick it up again and see how the next session goes but so far, meh. I'm starting to think ACNL is the only life-sim type game for me.

Fantasy Life was cute but I played for a few hours and just can't bring myself to pick it back up. I kept waiting for it to dig its claws in like Animal Crossing did and I was sorely disappointed. Huge let down. :/

I can somewhat agree with this. While I really enjoyed the story the first time through, once I finished I wasn't really feeling the urge to take any other jobs to master. This is my experience, but I felt that due to the multiplayer being so limited, I felt like there wasn't much reason to take any extra jobs. Being a cook or a tailor sounds awesome and all, but what am I really going to do with those jobs besides to give myself buffs. I guess I sort've expected a more sandboxy style of gameplay, I would have definitely preferred if you could do more sandboxy things like really customize your house or owning shops or farms.

I also liked that all of the monsters in game were well designed. I really enjoyed how every boss looked in that game, some of them were extremely creative. I liked how the combat was one button and timing based, making some of the moves hidden to you, but you had access to most of them very early on for every combat style. When you discovered a new attack mid combat, you felt like *WOAH, I JUST WENT SUPER MODE ON DAT WOLF* and that was awesome.

I still think it's a good game and I got like 40 hours off the story mode. I think it was definitely worth the money I spent, (In my eyes) but it wasn't the sandboxy rpg that I was hoping for. I think playing tons of mabinogi back in my day had already tickled my itch for a pseudo sandbox rpg game and that may be the reason for my experience.

I definitely regret purchasing saints row 2 as it's such a bad pc port. There is also Arma 2, which I purchased to play the dayz mod, but it turns out that I don't actually find the idea of running from town A to town B and hope I find ammo for my gun while kiting 10 laggy zombies behind me very fun.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy. I kinda wanted some cheap stuff so i don't play Noire 24*7 but tbh it was way bit too clunky. Keep it on the telly PS consoles please.

I have a newly regretted purchase.

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.

Not because I don't like it. I wouldn't even know, to tell the truth. It's because my boyfriend won't stop playing it long enough for me to try it.. or play anything else on my Wii U. :v

and which ever harvest moon came out on 3ds.

Three Harvest Moon games have come out on the 3DS. I will list them off, but I'm gonna take a guess that it's the last one on my list.

There's HM: A New Beginning and Story of Seasons, which were both developed by Marvelous, the actual company behind Harvest Moon. Though I have heard complaints about ANB; takes too much work to get anywhere, just letting your animals in and out of the barn warrants a needless cutscene, so on and so forth.

Buuuut then there's HM: The Lost Valley, which was developed by Natsume, a company who had only ever localized (ie, translated) HM games to publish them outside of Japan.
The Lost Valley was poorly received... Obviously. The company isn't known for making games, they just translated them poorly and updated them a bit. Apparently it's reminiscent of Minecraft, which sounds a little silly for a faming sim. But all future "Harvest Moon" titled games will be developed by them; all future "Story of Seasons" titles are the Harvest Moon games you probably know a little better.

Which I can understand, they hold the copyrights to that name and all. It still feels like false advertising to publish a game under the same name when it's really nothing like the original, I mean who does that-- oh right, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts happened, too. =p

I'm most positive I have posted here before but I can't remember! D: So here is my list of regrets:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: terrible game, nothing like its predecessor, different writers, took too many elements out only to replace them with nothing, monsters are pigs (who's afraid of pigs???) and zero interaction with the (rather linear) environment around you.

Alice: Madness Returns: glitchy, textures are everywhere, the characters are boring and under-used, doesn't match the tone of the first game, terrible one dimensional villain, linear, disappointing gameplay, disappointing lack of boss fights, once you have a certain weapon you're pretty much OP for the rest of the game.

L.A. Noire: luckily got this game on sale over Steam but it will not run on my computer so I can't play it yet. :(

Paper Mario: Sticker Star- this game is such garbage I want to light it on fire, it shouldn't even be in the Paper series, it's a failure to the utmost degree, it angers me just mentioning it let's move on. >8U

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team- I own and love all the Mario and Luigi games, and I don't really care much for this one, only played through a portion of it and lost interest.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: I was luckily able to sell this so I recouped some of the money for it, terrible game, uninteresting characters, typical case of KH being overblown and convoluted beyond saving. I don't have any hopes for this series anymore.

Last edited:
I regret buying games like Harvest Moon because the game play is nice but I don't like to keep up with stamina and fullness throughout the game. > u <;; Tbh Harvest Moon was a hard game for me to play but it was just hard to get going.

bayonetta 1&2, though I got the bundle thing for free off amazon.

I might just sell it as I've literally only played the first one for like 10 minutes

I regret buying is Final Fantasy XIII-2. I thought the transition from XIII to XIII-2's storyline wasn't smooth; having a good storyline is what I value the most in a video game--most of the time that is; the monster catching and training was too time consuming. I'd go more in depth of why I didn't like game and how the transition wasn't smooth, but I don't think these forums is the right place to do that; plus, it's been a year or two since I played it; also, I already wrote in depth my argument here.

I'm sure there are other games that I regretted buying, but I can't recall any of them since I don't have all my games here or it has been a long time since I tried playing the game (and the game didn't leave a deep enough imprint for me to even remember its name).

Team Fortress 2. It literally went FTP a couple months after I got it, and the hat you got that shows you paid for it is super ugly and stupid looking on every class except sniper.

Back