• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your Favourite Games of all Time

@Stalfos

A classic gamer, eh? I have the upmost respect for you. Especially since Mega Man II is also one of my top games of all time. Just not in the three, maybe I should move it up? :/

Majora's Mask.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Mega Man X
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
A Link Between Worlds
Kirby Super Star
Super Mario World
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Pokemon Black 2 & White 2
Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver
Super Mario RPG
Animal Crossing: Population Growing
Luigi's Mansion
Mother 3
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Mother 2/Earthbound
Donkey Kong Country 2
Ape Escape
Sonic Generations
Donkey Kong Country
Wind Waker
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Smash Bros 4
Mario Party 2
Super Mario Galaxy
& Mario Party 3.

I have a lot of favorites

1. Don't Starve (PC)
Over 1,500 hours played since 2013. I still play it. It's a rogue-like survival game with a Tim Burton-esque graphic style. The game's hard, with a steep learning curve. Death happens often, in many different ways. When you die, you start over, from utter scratch. But, if you learn from your deaths, you learn to survive a little longer, the next time you play. When I beat the game's adventure mode, the satisfaction was immense.

2. Divinity: Original Sin (PC)
Classic-style fantasy RPG with great graphics. It's a thinking game. No hand holding whatsoever. A single playthrough can take 60-100 hours. I've done 3 complete playthroughs with different companions. There is something very addictive and satisfying about the turn-based battle system that takes into consideration the environmental effect. I love it.

3. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
No grinding, no levelling up, no bosses to beat. It's all random, all quirky, all out-of-your-hands. You don't play this game; this game plays you. TomoLife is my game to play to relax. I've become hopelessly attached to my islander miis.

Pokemon. All the generations. These games, they made me who I am, a Pokenerd and I'm proud abou that, no doubt about it. Especially because I have friends who understand me... Ever since, I've been buying all the Pokemon generations, however I still don't have Omega Sapphire...
~
Animal Crossing - I accidentally took this game from my cousin, who lives in New York and I live on the other side. I fell in love with it the minute I began to play. My friend gave me his extra copy and I can't stop playing it. It reminded me the times I had with my cousin. Even though she was way older than I was... :p
~
The last one... Oh... That's tough. But the most recent one I can think of is Pheonix Wright vs Professor Layton. It combines my two favorite games, besides AC and Pokemon. The puzzles and the trials... They took 16 hours just to beat the game because I couldn't put it down! Pheonix, Mya, Professor Layton, and Luke were so cool together and so many aspects of the game were just.. Wow.

Animal Crossing
Final Fantasy XIII
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon R/S/E
SSX 3
Soul Calibur II

Lovelovelove all of these games dearly!

I love...
Animal Crossing NL & WW
Tetris Attack
The Donkey Kong games for Super Nintendo.
Zeldas: Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword
SSB Melee! I can't stand brawl.
Tomodachi life... I'm addicted right now...
Mario Party 1, 2, 3. I used to just watch computers play when I was little.
Tetris/game/card games.

I could go on and on.

Sly Cooper
Kingdom Hearts
Whatever small part I've played in LoZ
Kid Icarus Uprising
ACNL
Super Paper Mario
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
...pretty much every game that I've finished that isn't turn based is my favorite.

my favorite game/s of all time is the ace attorney series

My top 10 games are (not in this order; I can't order them):

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Rune Factory 4
Harvest Moon: A Magical Melody
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon X
Mario Kart Wii
Final Fantasy GCN

Yeah... lots and lots of Nintendo. I grew up on it because my mom thought that all other consoles' and their games were inappropriate for children. //rolls eyes

What if I have more than 3?

Guitar Hero III (PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, Mac)
Cave Story (PC)
Animal Crossing (GCN)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN, Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
The Last of Us (PS3, PS4)
Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (GCN, 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, 3DS)

and more that I'm too lazy to list lol

I suck at putting things in order when it comes to my favorites, but these 3 are all a different genre so yeah:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U): In general, the Smash Bros. series. So much content, so much stuff to unlock, and amiibos add so much to the gameplay.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS): My first entry into the series and certainly won't be my last. I can spend hours in my town doing so much, watching it grow.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U): A whole ocean for you to explore, very nice story, and I love a lot of the characters. Game has pretty nice music too. I also about equally like A Link Between Worlds.

So Smash, Animal Crossing, and a Zelda. I'm getting Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D soon and I have a feeling they'll jump into my top 3.

Honorable mentions to Crash Nitro Kart, Shadow the Hedgehog, NASCAR 07, Cars, and Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:
Not too sure on order, but here are a few I've loved throughout the years:

AC New Leaf (possibly a number one, haha)
Pokemon (GSC and HGSS)
Pokemon (BW and BW2)
Pokemon (RSE)
LoZ: Majora's Mask
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3D World
Assassin's Creed (1 and 2)
Shovel Knight
Kirby Super Star Ultra

And many more, but these were the first to come to mind!

Not in any order, and I can't narrow it down to just 3, but here are some of my favorites, both recent and from when I was a kid:

GBA:
Pokemon Emerald: I had both Ruby and Sapphire as a kid, but I loved the new features like the Battle Frontier.
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak: SUCH a cute game. I've replayed it at least 3 times since I first played it when I was like 7, lol. Brings back memories.
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town: My favorite Harvest Moon game. I really liked the music and characters.

NDS:
Ace Attorney Series: Yeah, don't ask me to pick just one. I love this series to death. The characters, the music, the story, the gameplay... EVERYTHING.
Animal Crossing: Wild World The music is my favorite thing about AC:WW. My brother had introduced me to this game when I was pretty young, so this one holds a lot of memories for me, even though I'm pretty sure I just derped around most of the time.

GC:
Tales of Symphonia: Everything. I just...omg. bae. The characters, story, music. I can't express in words how much I love this game lol. Again, I used to watch my brother play it as a kid, and so I came back to it recently and I realized just how great the story is.

3DS:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Don't think this needs any explaining, lol. I miss WW's music, but this game is so much more fun.
Pokemon X: I loved the customizable outfits and the new towns and other stuff. I have Alpha Sapphire too, but it feels lackluster compared to X and Y.

PC:
Minecraft: So fun. I've been playing this game for a long time, whenever my friends play and invite me to, lol. There's really so much you can do in it, and I love building things! Never gets old for me. P.S. I've been playing on Jubs's server with a few other people, like Dark, Thunder, Lockfancy, and Caitlin, which more people should totally join! There's a thread for it here in the Gamers' Lounge~ :)

Last edited:
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak: SUCH a cute game. I've replayed it at least 3 times since I first played it when I was like 7, lol. Brings back memories.
Oh man, Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

That game taunted me as a little kid , mostly because I was huge into Hamtaro back in the day, (Yeah a boy being into Hamtaro, yeeeaaaaahhh) and I didn't get to play it until recently on emulators.

The game is great, hilarious and stuff.

not in any order

-Okage shadow king
-Mystical ninja Goemon
-animal crossing new leaf
-Pokemon heart gold/emerald
- Legend of zelda OoT
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Puppeteer
-Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2
-Katamari Damacy
-Silent Hill 3 and 4

Last edited:
● Animal Crossing Series
● Pokemon Series
● World of Warcraft/Dota/League of Legends [MOBA's in general are a nice pastime to me]
● Bioshock
● Borderlands
● The Last of Us [survival + hard mode]
● Paper Mario
● Original Sonic for the sega
● Ratchet and Clank Series
● Jax Series
● Legend of Zelda series
● Skyrim [Elder Scrolls]
● Portal
● Kingdom Hearts Series
● Final Fantasy VI