• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your Favourite Games of all Time

1. Smash Bros 4

2. Pokemon HGSS/BW (It's a tie)

3. Paper Mario 2

4. Okami

5. Super Mario Galaxy/3D World (It's a tie)

6. Kirby Super Star Ultra

7. Yoshi's Island

8. Spyro the Dragon

9. Earthbound

10. Wind Waker

Runner-ups: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Kirby: Mass Attack, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Crash Bandicoot 2, Pokemon ORAS

Damn, a top 3..... 20+ years of gaming....... Mission Impossible.

But I`ll list 3 games, even though the list changes by day.

1: Golden Eye 64 (N64)
The best shooter I ever played. Varied missions, awesome multiplayer and extremely challenging extra value trying to unlock the cheatcodes. I think looking back, the N64 was my favorite gameconsole (followed by the snes) ever, so many good games.
2: Fire emblem: Path of Radiance. (Gamecube)
This is the game that pulled me into Fire Emblem series for the first time. After playing it I went retro-geek and shopped for earlier games of the series. I still love the game, the endless replay value of building up different characters is fantastic. The entire series are represented by this title really. Awakenings is also fantastic.
3: Worms (PC).
Weird choice probably, but whatever. Its great fun. Its absurd, every match is different and you can put the settings however you want them. Combined with crazy soundeffects, visual effects and a very simplistic yet effective gameplay style makes it a great timekiller.

I love some earlier suggestions, especially Tales of Symphonia. I spent so many hours playing that game. The skits are awesome and the fighting style is great, I love JRPG`s in general. Baten Kaitos as well I really liked.

So many other good titles, just selecting 3 makes me feel I`m kicking the gaming industry in the collective balls.

I have a lot..

-Sonic 3&K
-Majora's Mask
-A Link to the Past
-Mario Kart 8
-Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U
-Super Mario World
-Metroid Prime
-Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver
-Pokemon Black 2 & White 2
-Mega Man X
-Sonic Generations
-Ape Escape
-Crash Bandicoot 3
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon
-Kirby Super Star.
-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
-Yoshi's Island
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Mother 3

Last edited:
1. Final Fantasy 8
2. Pokemon Red (eh and X&Y too)
3. Bioshock
4. Shenmue
5. Okami
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf
7. Street Fighter Alpha 3
8. Marvel Vs Capcom 3
9. Battletoads
10. Age of Empires 2
11. Jet Set Radio
12. Space Channel 5
13. Metroid Prime
14. Harvest Moon (SNES)
15. Final Fantasy 7
16. Silent Hill 3
17. Star Fox (SNES)
18. Bubble Bobble
19. Sonic and Tails
20. Catherine
21. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
22. Guilty Gear Accent Core
23. Golden Sun
24. Ecco the Dolphin
25. Halo Reach

Last edited:
I've loved a majority of the Pokemon series (past generation four.. nah. I like the games, but the plot is just boring!). My favorites would be Pokemon Emerald (I'm really excited to play these remakes!), Heart Gold and Fire Red.

Aside from that, I've really enjoyed the Smash Bros. series, though Melee will always be the best. The Mario Party series was always really fun too.

I've loved a majority of the Pokemon series (past generation four.. nah. I like the games, but the plot is just boring!). My favorites would be Pokemon Emerald (I'm really excited to play these remakes!), Heart Gold and Fire Red.

Aside from that, I've really enjoyed the Smash Bros. series, though Melee will always be the best. The Mario Party series was always really fun too.

I think aside from the initial Ash inspired plot of the first gen... I can't stand most Pokemon storylines lolz

1. Kingdom Hearts
- The story is really interesting! even though it's very complicated and sometimes it breaks my head, this is the game I really followed. The Characters are very well designed especially their stories , the art is awesome and the music is glorious! I just really love this game, it's my childhood xD

2. Animal Crossing
I blame tumblr for discovering this xD I got curious with their ACNL hype so I played ACWW (I don't have a 3DS yet on that time....) While playing this game, I got very amused- I didn't expect it to be very time consuming! with all them goals and errands to do haha and everything is so cute here! especially when I got to play New Leaf.... all my vacant time while waiting for my next class went to this game yoooo

3. Pokemon X
I'm not really into pokemon before (pls don't kill me *slapped*) but when I played this- I got into it already! I tried to be competitive but I sucked haha I'm more into breeding pokemons qwq. It's a really cool game! it's fun to play with friends, trade with them for the pokedex (or watch them beat my loser butt ;w;)

4. Silent Hill
I just love the feeling of being scared while being challenged to kill all the monsters you pass through xD or trying to figure out the riddles and know the really twisted stories of this game.....

THAT IS SO HARD, OMG

1- The Final Fantasy series. They were my first RPG experience and thank god I received that PS1+VIII bundle when I was little. I've been a huge fan of the series since then and I can say that I've pretty much played all the canon ones and some of the spin-offs. My favourites are IV, VI and VIII. I have a huge dislike for VII because people praise it like it's the jesus of videogames and I really can't stand one-sided discussions. If you can argue with some kind of reasoning about VII being the best one, I'll accept it but I'll pretty much walk away if you don't give space for my personal preference.

2- The Pok?mon games. One of my first RPG experiences as well and as a wee little kid Pok?mon was life, bro. Every since Red version I've been on the hype train for every single game. I've tried and try my best to be a semi-good competitive battler but I prefer to make concept teams and play on random on Showdown. My favourite gen is Gen II, but my favourite game is Emerald. Also mad love for Mystery Dungeon!

3- Bioshock I, II & Infinite. THANK YOU 2k GAMES/IRRATIONAL GAMES BASED GODS FOR THIS AMAZING SERIES LIKE I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN EXPLAINING HOW AMAZING IT IS AND HOW I LOVE IT EVERYTHING FROM THE SETTING TO THE STORY TO THE SOCIOPOLITICAL IMPLICATIONS OF A HYPER INDIVIDUALISTIC/ULTRA ALTRUISTIC SOCIETY AND ITS QUESTIONS THAT ARE RAISED LIKE OMG I CAN'T EVEN WITH THIS GAME even though burial at sea was a bit of disappointment tho. Bioshock II is love.

4- Fallout games. Basically the same reasons as Bioshock, but regarding its setting. It's so good. So good.

5- The Legend of Zelda games. Mainly the top-down 2D ones. Never really got into OoT and MM and the other 3D ones. I did love a huge bunch ALBW. But my favourite is easily ALTTP. <3 Gotta love them green cloaked dudes hitting chickens yo

but there are tons more of games that i love tho i can't make a list to save my life

i cannot lie, my fav series will always be kingdom hearts, with kh2 at the top. ive played a bit of all the games, only ever finishing re:coded, Days, and KH2
IM SO EXCITE THAT OF ALL THE GAMES WE HAVE (BBB, KH1, CoM/re:CoM, days, KH2, 3D, and now KH3), KH3 IS GOING TO WRAP UP THE FIRST ACT
THATLL BE A WHOLE LOT OF GAMES JESUS CHRIST

Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow, Donkey Kong 64, and Rune Factory Frontier are some of my faves. I love most 3D-platformers. I miss that genre. Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Castlevania 64 and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness... So many great games were released for the N64. I also like many JRPGs.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Xbox 360, BY FAR!!!!!

2. Animal Crossing New Leaf, 3DS

3. Syberia, PC
This is an older game..... there was a DS version that was released but is sucked compared to the PC version. There was also a Syberia II which was also good. Its a point and click adventure were you are a lawyer named Kate Walker in search of an heir to a automaton factory. It was VERY intriguing. Rated T.
Here is more details: http://www.syberia.microids.com/EN/collection/syberia

this is basically the best game ever created

Tomb Raider 3 - Adventures of Lara Croft [U] [SLUS-00691]-front.jpg

Probably my top 3 would be Pokemon Emerald, Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time, and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

*deep breath* Final Fantasy IX, Skies of Arcadia, Psychonauts (chronically underrated game), Beyond Good and Evil and my all-time favorite RPGs and games: Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar: Eternal Blue.

Actually...most of my fav games are ones that are largely unknown and/or unappreciated.

SNES: Donkey Kong Country
N64: Mario 64
Gamecube: Slugfest 2004 or Animal Crossing
PS2: DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
360: Prototype
PS3: Skyrim
PS4: Infamous First Light

Naaaaaahhh! Tomb Raider II, man! :p
I'm just kidding, I think the second one is better, but that's cool :) Nice pick

I think it was a thing to lock that butler in the freezer or drown Lara in her swimming pool in II. Lot of people are guilty of abusing that tutorial stuff lolz the rest of the game was good too 8D TR was such a good franchise.

1. Paper Mario (Nintendo 64)
I got this game the Christmas of the year it was released, and I can't count how many times I've played through this game. It combines 3D platforming with turn based RPGing all in a universe I love and am familiar with. I'm very much a linguistic person so the oodles of text bubble speech was anything but an annoyance to me, especially since the game was well written. It is a game with a lot of charm, cute humour, and a really fun story.

2. Kingdom Hearts II (Playstation 2)
It was hard to choose a KH game to represent them all in my favourites list, but I'd have to say KH2 is my ultimate favourite of the series so far. I love the whole Kingdom Hearts story expanding the series, but what makes this my favourite is the gameplay. It controls so much better than the other games imo, and the drive form component is really fun and also a life savour (and way better than summons which I never used). The entire Kingdom Hearts series owns my heart and soul as an RPG fan and a major Disney nerd. KH2 is for me the most fun to play and replay.

3. Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube)
Yes, I know. I'm one of those people who likes Sunshine better than 64 (even though I grew up with 64 before Sunshine came out). I just really like the gameplay component that FLUDD brings to 3D platforming. I love the world of Isle Delfino; the colours, the music, the levels. I just cannot get bored of this game, no matter how many times I play through it. The only downside (besides the voice acting) is that final boss battle is wayyyy easy but the lava boat ride to get to it is the most infuriating thing.

My top three:

1) The last of Us
2) Animal Crossing New Leaf
3) Mario 64 DS version

c:

My top 3:

1. Super Metroid (SNES)
A game that is perfect in almost every sense (it could have been a bit longer though). I wasn't really a fan of this game when it came out, but since then I've gotten to love it to bits. There's so many neat details and secrets to discover, like (SPOILER) how you can electricute Draygon by using the grapple beam (SPOILER END). Like a fine wine, it just keeps getting better.

2. Secret of Mana (SNES)
Where to begin? There's the amazing soundtrack by Hiroki Kikuta and the fact that three people could play at the same time (this was a big deal before the interwebs, folks) and the beautiful graphics that were among the best on any 16-bit system. Best action-RPG ever.

3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Megadrive or Genesis to you yankies)
I still remember the first time I played this game. I was completely awestruck, mesmorized and smitten. Sonic was everything Mario failed to be. The speed and level design was like nothing I've ever seen before. Sadly, the whole Sonic franchise has since been reduced to... well, I'm not gonna go there - too many Sonic-fanboys and -girls out there. :p

I gotta list the rest of my top 10 as well:

4. Street Fighter II (SNES)
5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PlayStation)
6. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
8. F-Zero (SNES)
9. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
10. Mega Man II (NES)

Back