• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your Favourite Games of all Time

Sun_Spirit

Princess Sun
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7697-0727-2196
New Horizons Token
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Mailbox
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Pokéball
As the title implies post your top three favourite video games ever.
from 1-3 1 being the best, which console it was for and a reason why you love it (If you can think of one).
Don't worry if you can't put them into a specific order, just post your three best game :)

Here's mine:

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Gamecube
This game was everything to me as a teenager, awesome story awesome battles, great NPCs and lots of humor. With one of the best twists I've seen in a game yet.

2. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, N64
Just an amazing take on the Zelda universe, so dark. It really is a game that can make you think about the characters you are trying to help, especially right near the end. (SO hyped for the 3DS remake)

3. Shovel Knight, Mac/3DS
This is a new entry to my list, and very deserving of the number three spot! I am the kind of person who loves 8-but retro style games. My favourite console of all time is the NES and what a better game to come out this year for people like me than Shovel Knight? Great throwback to 80s style gaming

Post your thoughts on your own top games, or comment on mine and have fun :)

Not my overall list, but my current list based on good memories!

1. Zelda Majora's Mask - N64
I would've probably put Ocarina of Time here if I hadn't grinded that game to boredom lol. Majora's Mask with it's amount of detail and it's main city that is full of activities that are happening around the clock (I love cities!) had me totally in love with it since the first time I read it in a magazine even before I bought it! Another reason: MASKS! As I only beat it once or twice in the very distant past I actually cannot wait till it gets released for the 3DS!

I have to admit something... I kind of let a friend play most of the time while calling it 'playing the game together', because I was scared as hell of the dark setting and the 3 day timer that would possibly make a very mean looking moon crash upon my face!

Now I'm almost twice as old (I think lol) and would really want to fully beat it myself.

2. Tales of Symphonia - Gamecube
Totally in love with the story and gameplay. Everything about this game made me want to play further and further to find out what happens next while also being affraid that the ending would be reached! It is one of those games I wish I could've been playing forever. Tons of unlockables, levelling, skill set-ups, and amazing animations of combined 'super skills'. All the characters were very likable too. Graphics were unique and gorgeous.

3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 3DS
When I first checked this game on youtube I wondered what all the fuz was about? Fishing, digging up fossils, animal villagers in a small town and selling your fruit in stores? The thing that attracted me the most to buying this game were its very appealing graphics. Bought the game. Omg what does this do? Omg this animal gives me a request! Omg the stores have new items every day! I could do this... and that... oh and I cannot wait for my stores to open tomorrow to see what they are selling! Omg my store upgrades! Omg my online friend has stuff I've never seen!

Now more than a year later I've wasted more than a 1000 hours in this game and am still playing. I know most of what there is to know about the game, but it is the first game where I actually want to complete and make a gorgeous town and chillout with people in it. Animal Addiction: New Leaf. Seriously!

Last edited:
1. The Sims Series (PC/MAC)
It's hard to pinpoint one individual generation of The Sims to deem my favorite because I love them all equally. The Sims has had such a big impact on my childhood and now current adulthood ( if you want to call it that lol). I still love playing the games and they do not lack their charm.

2. Fantasy Life (3DS)
Ever since I bought the game it's been hard for me to put it down! There's just sooo much to do! Also, me being a person who likes portable consoles, this game will continue to provide me entertainment

3. Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects (Xbox)
I played the crap out of this game when I was younger. I remember I always use to use the character Paragon to kick butt haha.

Last edited:
Some nice choices, guys. I like, I like... :)

@Bassy. I got that feeling from MM, too. However I managed to pick up the three form changing masks before beating the first temple. Basically I left each temple once I had gotten the arrow from it and moved onto the next area. So, I had seen most of the game before the first boss lol. I used to hate having to go back to day one, however :/

@Joy. I don't neither me nor my girlfriend have lost more time on a game since The Sims 3, you can just get lost for hours trying to make the perfect life for an avatar you call yourself, we always used to make our friends and live in a huge mansion or something, lol.
*sigh* good times

1- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Since I got this game (and I'm currently on my second copy!) I've lost FAR too many hours on this game after getting immersed in either decorating my house, town or trying to earn bells. I don't think i'll ever stop playing this now I have a download copy!

2- Fantasy Life
I downloaded this game after hearing it was a bit like Animal Crossing meets Final Fantasy. I wasn't disappointed with the game in itself, although I did complete the actual story pretty fast and now I'm struggling to get to level 50 to unlock the DLC I purchased months ago xD

3- The Sims Series (mainly The Sims 3)
I cannot remember a time that I haven't played any of these games in the series. When I got The Sims 3, I think I spent about 300+ hours on it! Since getting a mac though, I've not really had time to play. However, this game with always have a special place in my heart!

Narcissu 1st & 2nd, all the Neptunia games, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Final Fantasy V and X.. also tactics advance. Also listing three is just impossible.

Last edited:
1 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Of all the Metal Gear games, this one just feels the most complete to me. The events of the game are already some of the best in the series in my opinion, with it showing a character who ultimately becomes one of the series main antagonists before whatever events that turned him into that villain figure in the first place. It ultimately makes you feel sympathy for a character who you only know as 'evil' in the other games.
It has some of the more memorable characters and bosses of the series, as well as arguably some of the more twisted. Some of these characters I would go as far to say are some of the most well developed in gaming altogether, especially 'the Boss' and her surrounding motives.

Kingdom Hearts
I love the series in general, but I'm always going to go back to the first one as my favorite of them.
It combines the best parts of two totally different franchises, with the aesthetics and characters of the Disney worlds with the storytelling and complexity of a Final Fantasy plot.
It's a strange concept and some of the 'darker' events are things you don't expect from something where you're exploring Disney worlds with Donald and Goofy, but it totally worked. It's even better when I went back years later understand and pick up on certain little details I didn't notice or understand when I was younger.

Banjo-Kazooie
Mario 64 set the foundation for 3D platformers but to me, Banjo-Kazooie perfected it. Other than it's sequel, I don't think I've played a 3D platformer since that has come as close to the quality in Banjo-Kazooie.
The controls and platforming were tight, the level designs were amazing, the character designs were some of of the most memorable ever, the humor was consistent. It just got everything right.
It also arguably has one of the 'best' villains in gaming. I don't mean Grunty was epic, or one of the more powerful. I mean more that throughout the game she was always there, communicating and taunting you, she was almost always present even if it was just her voice shouting abuse as you explored her lair.

Villains these days just show up once or twice in the game, you're told to you're supposed to hate them and then you kill them in an anticlimactic QTE shortly before forgetting who they were.

Modern villains need attend 'Grunty's school of villainy and rhyme',
only then will their name be remembered for all time.

Final fantasy IV
Animal crossing new leaf
And I can't think of a third

goldeneye 007, ac:nl, all loz games, conkers bad fur day, ssb melee, kirby air ride, super mario strikers, idk and a lot more

1. ace attorney series
if i had to pick one game, i guess it would be trials and tribulations? but yeah i adore this series, the characters are all so fun and lovable, and the cases are full of surprises :)

2. the legend of zelda: ocarina of time 3D
again pretty obvious due to my username, but this game is so much fun. there's so much to explore, and the graphics are really pretty

3. ghost trick: phantom detective
this game was short but so good omg. the puzzles are nice of course, but the story is what makes the game. if you like ace attorney or professor layton, I definitely recommend this game.

So there is a series of games that are essentially the same, and just continue the same story, so I am gonna group them together for the sake of how many games actually make the list.
205894_front.jpg
Fire Emblem Awakening is seriously the best game I have ever made. Some of the good things about this game are creative freedom, amazing story, RPG genre, and so so much more.
Lets start with the creativity. Fire Emblem: Awakening allows you to create your own avatar in terms of face, hair style, build, and hair color, as well as your asset and flawed stats. You get to name it and choose its birthday as well. For all units available in the game, there are certain base classes available for each one, some being gender exclusive. You get to choose what skills you would like that unit to have based on these classes and what class you ultimately want to end up in.
The story is very simple and straightforward, but it sucks you right into the game to see what goes down as the nation of Ylisse enters many wars to fight for justice. It is overall very expected, but not cliche.
RPGs are my favorite games. FE:A is no exception. The turn-based game requires lots of strategy, if you choose to play certain modes, and is overall just a fun game.
danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-box.jpg

DangRompa2BoxartUS.jpg
The Danganronpa series is probably going to slowly overtake Fire Emblem as my favorite game.

Imagine you are a high schooler, who is the absolute best in the field that they do, e.g. Singing, Acting, Drawing, Detective work, born into a royal family, etc. You are invited to a very prestigious school because of this. When you get to this school, though, you faint, and wake up asleep in a classroom. You head to the gym and find out that you are trapped in this school and cannot leave unless you murder a classmate. After a murder has taken plae, everyone's lives are at risk, due to the infamous class trial.
What is not to like about this series? It is a murder mystery genre game and the characters are very rounded. Other than the fact that they are famous for something, you can easily relate to at least one of the characters in the games. It requires elements of detective work and wits, which makes it the perfect game for people who like to think.

pokemon-oras-box.png
I don't really have much to say about this one. I have always really enjoyed pokemon and I feel this game positively adds on to the series. It is a remake of my favorite generation as well, so that was cool.

- Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2
- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- Super Mario World
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Metroid Fusion
- Final Fantasy VI
- Crash Team Racing

hmm I might of missed some....

It gets a lot of hate, and I haven't finished it because my memory card crapped out, but I really love FF8 for Playstation. I actually bought it on Steam, so I'll probably try to finish it on the PC.

Of course AC is one of my top favorites, and I love Pokemon (I've been playing that since Red/Blue on the original gameboy!).

Kingdom Hearts (1 and 2, and 385/2 days. re:coded didn't go too well for me, tbh. I was almost done with DDD, but lost it at my old school which is now shut down.)

Pokemon (I would play it with my uncle all the time. Never really got into it until x/y, because before then when I would play with my uncle I couldn't read. I never got any of the ds one though :c )

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds (My uncle and his boyfriend picked this out for me. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I love it c: )

1. The World Ends With You (My ultra obsession)

2. Heavy Rain (The feels...)

3. Tetris (I play on Tetris Friends, but the game in general is timeless.)

1. Ocarina of Time. Because I believe it to be the best game ever made.
2. Animal Crossing New Leaf. Because it always makes me happy.
3. Undecided as of now...too hard to make a decision.

Sonic Adventure: This game has a very special place in my heart. For its time, the graphics were decent. As of now, not so much but I'm able to tolerate them. I like how there are a lot of characters to play as, even if Big was never the greatest to play as. It's hard to not find someone that you don't want to play as, unless you just don't like these kinds of games. Anyways, the stories for all of the characters are often running into each other, and I find that to be pretty neat. Besides all of that stuff, it's a fun game to speed run as well, if you're into that kind of stuff. I'm going to clue this up and say that overall, this game is honestly one of my favorite games, even if there are many other games that I play a lot more often than this one.

Pokemon Platinum: Where do I start with this one? Generation four is when I started to really get into Pokemon. It started with Pokemon Pearl being my first generation four game. I really enjoyed the story in that game, and I felt something inside of me just click with the series again. I'm probably one of the only people that likes the Pokemon that were introduced in generation four. Pokemon Platinum gave me a better experience than Pokemon Pearl though. The story in this game was just really dark, and I like that the series was able to go that far. It was something new compared to the other games in the franchise. Enough about that stuff. I really liked the Sinnoh region as a whole. It was really fun to explore. I don't mind that it wasn't colorful like other games. It felt like a nice change of pace to me, even though I would rather not have dull colors in every Pokemon game. Here's to hoping that the generation four games get remakes soon, because I'll be sure to get them right away so I can have an even better experience with generation four.

Minecraft: It's Minecraft. I don't have much to say about it. It's a sandbox game where you can build a lot of things in an almost infinite world. There's always something to build in Minecraft. Given that I'm not the best builder, it's still fun to try and build something. There's no story mode, which I honestly don't care about in a game like this. It seems a lot more suitable to not have a story mode in a sandbox game anyways. Mojang is always releasing new updates to make the game even better than it is already. Whether it be adding new items to build with, or just simple bug fixes that make the game more pleasant to play. Once again, can't really say much about this game. I just like it a lot.

There are a lot of other games that I consider to be one of my favorites, but I'd rather not make a huge wall of text.

Back