• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Why can't you delete posts?

Amalthea

The Last Unicorn
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hello, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area,

The Bell Tree is the first forum I've ever been on where users are unable to delete their posts. Was this feature disabled because of an incident, or is this feature just unable to be implemented on the site?

I'm just curious, I'm someone who edits and deletes posts a LOT so this is a bit strange to adjust to.

Thank you!

Probably so people don't freak out, call someone a name like b***h or something then delete their post. They'd have no proof for the one person doing anything wrong by the time the mods got there.

Probably so people don't freak out, call someone a name like b***h or something then delete their post. They'd have no proof for the one person doing anything wrong by the time the mods got there.
Mods can see previous edits and posts, so if they were to be deleted, they'd still appear on the database.

I don't really get why tbh...

It might be to make people responsible for what they post or if someone posted something bad, people would remember and not be met with "BUT I SWEAR HE POSTED"

There's no need for users to delete their posts. There have been very few incidents in which users asked to have their content deleted so we let them report it and let a moderator delete it instead. I can easily see a post deletion privilege going awry with people insulting each other and then deleting their posts like they can get away with it. Either way, I don't see a post deletion privilege happening anytime soon. If there is content you wish you'd rather not have said, feel free to report it and a mod will take care of it for you :)

Ghg

There's no need for a user post deletion feature. It doesn't exist for some of the reasons kaiaa stated. if you have a good legitimate reason to need a post deleted, report it and we will if we feel it is nsssecary. The default policy is no deletion.

There's no need for users to delete their posts. There have been very few incidents in which users asked to have their content deleted so we let them report it and let a moderator delete it instead. I can easily see a post deletion privilege going awry with people insulting each other and then deleting their posts like they can get away with it. Either way, I don't see a post deletion privilege happening anytime soon. If there is content you wish you'd rather not have said, feel free to report it and a mod will take care of it for you :)

People abuse editing their posts too. But thanks for telling us why posts can't be deleted.

Back