• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does your town have a theme?

Luerna

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'd love to make a themed town with the second copy of my game, but I'm really not sure what. Does your town have a theme? If so, what is it? What themed towns do you like best?

If you have any DAs for any good themed towns, please tell me!

Ah! I like them, but I wouldn't want to do one myself for some reason XD I live in a small town, so I'm more comfortable with forests and things lke that XD

If you ever get a chance to finish and upload a DA, I'd love to see!

I'm really trying to for a more natural and sweet forest-type theme. I really like the windmill + lots of pine trees, white, purple and blue flowers. I'm thinking natural pathways as well, but I may end up finding a rock or wood pattern ^^

I love natural ones ^^ The only thing is, I'll be having that 'theme' for my main town XD Sort of a Harvest Moon feel to it, if you've ever played that. It reminds me of home, and it's the first game series I really got into xD So I want something a bit different, so that I don't have to use the same PWPs. For eg, let's say I did a Harry Potter theme, I could have a completely different set up, but still love it, instead of doing the opposite of what I'd normally do, and feeling bored or bleh about it.

I was thinking something like, childish. Like, I had an idea of a house that's ful of toys and bright colours, and it's meant to be a children's hospital.

I know that pastel and pink towns are popular, but also disliked (for that reason) so I wasn't sure if I'd want to do it. I feel like it would be hard to be original with that.

I kind of agree with pastel towns being unoriginal. Even though I have one and really love it i feel lots of people are making cute themed towns. I took my inspiration from A town called CuteWish owned by a girl called Peachie. (I'd recommend a visit!)
I also love magical forest theme towns with squirrel and deer villagers . For that type town you could make your house a cute cottage in the middle of some trees:)
Just my ideas

I'm just really unsure what I want to go with D: I see either horror or pastel everywhere @.@ I'm nt sure what'd be fun to make haha!

it's still a work in progress but my town is going to be like a charming forest and I'm supposed to be the witch priestess who turned all of the residents of the forest into animals hah. So that's kind of my theme, but it's not exactly something that could make obvious so it's sort of just for my own enjoyment

Last edited:
I'm doing a galaxy/cosmic themed town. Starry paths, illuminated PWPs, modern renovations, space themed house, etc. I LOVE outer space! c:

All three of mine are themed.I usually go for cute cartoons or nursury ryhmes i liked as a kid.

My new town will have my family as the characters.I thought it would be fun to decorate each house with things that they like or remind me of them.I can also decorate around the houses with flower colors that they like.An example would be that my son loves the Bronco's so he will have a room themed with it.My hubby likes anything with pirates or skulls.He also loves the beach and light houses.Should be easy and fun to create. :)

I'm planning on making my future town sort of like a fairy tale. Not that it'll have fairy tale public works projects everywhere, but I want to make it seem sort of like a dream. ( ? ▽ ` )ノ None of my other themed towns really worked out well, so I'm hoping this one will!! ; v ;

Is "deer" a theme? :p My grand vision is to have a very foresty town full of deer, lots of trees and flowers and nature-related PWPs.

I have kind of like a "Fairytale" theme. Fairytale bridges, Fairytale train station & town hall, pastel flowers, etc. Still a work in progress, but I love it so far ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is "deer" a theme? :p My grand vision is to have a very foresty town full of deer, lots of trees and flowers and nature-related PWPs.

Of course it is! I've seen a town with all deer villagers. I think that is a very, VERY creative idea with all the trees and such huhu ^^

I'm not sure how to explain my theme, but I just started my second town and I really want it to feel foresty, like a camping trip, almost magical-ish in a way. I just want there to be a lot of trees and flowers! I have this really cute brick path, with bit of snow on it picked out for when I unlock the QR machine and there won't be a ton of straight orchards, since those seem more modern to me.

I feel like the modern, or very pink, cutesy towns, or even the fairy tale themed ones are quite over-done now, so I wanted my town to be slightly unique without it being too crazy!
Good luck on your new town. c:

I want to do a bright and colourful town, lots of flowers, trees and colourful public works projects. If I get a second copy of the game, I'd like to do a modern city.

They sound really nice :) I tried a fairy tale theme before but I wasn't happy with how it was going XD I was thinking of creating a town with a story ad I love to write but I wasn't sure if anyone would understand It unless they read the story. I'm not even sure they'd care haha

Yup, my current second town!
It's supposed to become a horror themed town, but it's still a huge WIP.

I just need items to help me with my rooms, and then I'm almost complete
can anyone plz help please and thank

Back