• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anxiety/Depression problems

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
I've been feeling a bit down lately, my friends haven't spoken to me or responded to me on Facebook for 12 hours and I feel like there is no point in living anymore, any advice?

- - - Post Merge - - -

bump

Well why haven't they responded? Do you know a reason for sure or are you just in assumption?

While it definitely is sad, you shouldn't let "friends" be able to make you feel like there's no point in living anymore...

Being *cough* older i realized that a lot of the things that upset me as a teenager was blown completely out of proportion.
For right now I can say just stick through it, there will always be at least one person in your life who will care for and love you. Besides your friends might just be busy :) they'll speak to you sooner or later ^^
There will always be a point to living so please please dont say things like that ♡

As for anxiety it took me many many years to overcome my anxiety and social anxiety. It still flairs up to this day (from time to tim)
You will learn to control yourself, and i know its cliche but things will get better so just keep your hope strong.

If you ever need anything or want to discuss this further feel free to send me a PM or VM anytime ♡

Stay strong.

Last edited:
Being *cough* older i realized that a lot of the things that upset me as a teenager was blown completely out of proportion.
For right now I can say just stick through it, there will always be at least one person in your life who will care for and love you. Besides your friends might just be busy :) they'll speak to you sooner or later ^^
There will always be a point to living so please please dont say things like that ♡

As for anxiety it took me many many years to overcome my anxiety and social anxiety. It still flairs up to this day (from time to tim)
You will learn to control yourself, and i know its cliche but things will get better so just keep your hope strong.

If you ever need anything or want to discuss this further feel free to send me a PM or VM anytime ♡

Stay strong.
i am 19.... and it is getting worse and worse the longer i wait. my self esteem is at an all time low i dont know what to do... i just feel like no one likes me :(

I'm sorry. Unfortunately life really sucks sometimes. Sometimes it really, really sucks. ;-; Anxiety and depression are two huge pains in the butt and I'm really sorry you're dealing with them right now.

This might not be helpful advice or something you need to hear, but if it's serious or a longterm thing for you, you might want to talk to a doctor. Especially if you're suicidal. Antidepressants help a lot of people, and honestly therapy is helpful too. A therapist can help you with self-esteem issues and help you work to overcome anxiety and depression. If you can't afford that or don't want that, the next best thing is to just find someone to talk to (online or in person or whatever you want). I'm sure lots of people on this forum can relate. I'm here for you and lots of other people would be too; you're not alone.

I don't know your friends, but maybe they're just busy? For example, sometimes I don't go on Facebook for days or even weeks and I accidentally ignore people by doing that. I still like them though. I obviously don't really know anything about the situation or your relationship with your friends, etc, but I'm sure they still like you if they liked you before. Maybe they're distracted by something else or having problems of their own.

Like Wishy said, things do get better. I know that's not really a helpful thing to say, but it really is true. ;-;

Good luck <3

i am 19.... and it is getting worse and worse the longer i wait. my self esteem is at an all time low i dont know what to do... i just feel like no one likes me :(

Here!
I'll add you if you want me to. ;)

I'm sorry. Unfortunately life really sucks sometimes. Sometimes it really, really sucks. ;-; Anxiety and depression are two huge pains in the butt and I'm really sorry you're dealing with them right now.

This might not be helpful advice or something you need to hear, but if it's serious or a longterm thing for you, you might want to talk to a doctor. Especially if you're suicidal. Antidepressants help a lot of people, and honestly therapy is helpful too. A therapist can help you with self-esteem issues and help you work to overcome anxiety and depression. If you can't afford that or don't want that, the next best thing is to just find someone to talk to (online or in person or whatever you want). I'm sure lots of people on this forum can relate. I'm here for you and lots of other people would be too; you're not alone.

I don't know your friends, but maybe they're just busy? For example, sometimes I don't go on Facebook for days or even weeks and I accidentally ignore people by doing that. I still like them though. I obviously don't really know anything about the situation or your relationship with your friends, etc, but I'm sure they still like you if they liked you before. Maybe they're distracted by something else or having problems of their own.

Like Wishy said, things do get better. I know that's not really a helpful thing to say, but it really is true. ;-;

Good luck <3

i already do but it doesnt help me :(

I'm sitting here tryin to remember when I was happy and crying and trying not to kill myself

19 is still incredibly young! Dont worry or stress yourself about being "liked"
I had huge self esteem issues back in the day (some of which i still deal with)

The people you known school will not be around your whole life, im only friends with one person from highschool still, the lot of them turned into ... "unpleasant" people. Friends will come and go all through your life. Find someone that matters, and keep yourself close to family, because whether you like it or not they WILL be there. I know this sounds like im just an adult throwing everything youve already heard at you, and im sorry about your situation, i really am. Because regardless of myself suffering the same problems, they were not caused by the same things so I dont know exactly what youre going through. But ive had life chew me up and spit me out 58 times before i learned to walk with my head up and say "screw everybody!!"

Care about the people who matter and (excuse the language) say damn everybody who doesnt!
Important people will stick around and help you through your toughest times. If theyre not willing to be there, then they arent really great friends to have around (but this is just my opinion)

I really hope things turn around for you soon, they will eventually, but soon would be nice :)
Just keep your head high and dont let bad people bring you down.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And OTR i think youre pretty cool and I just met you :)

If you can't talk through facebook, then you can talk to them in real life. You really shouldn't let it get to you and expect the other person to reply immediately. People don't go on Facebook 24/7 and it really isn't anything to be depressed about.

Sorry to be hard on you but seriously? Did you even read what you said? You're saying you want to stop living because your friend doesn't reply you on facebook? Look, I know young people have this kind of problems, but really... Sometimes it's hard to read dramas like this. And no, don't think I'm trying to offend you or putting you down, on the contrary, I'm just trying to make you see how dumb is what you're putting in your mind and what you want to believe.
The world is bigger than you think, open your mind to it and don't focus yourself in these small nonsense things, you're better than that.

Sorry to be hard on you but seriously? Did you even read what you said? You're saying you want to stop living because your friend doesn't reply you on facebook? Look, I know young people have this kind of problems, but really... Sometimes it's hard to read dramas like this. And no, don't think I'm trying to offend you or putting you down, on the contrary, I'm just trying to make you see how dumb is what you're putting in your mind and what you want to believe.
The world is bigger than you think, open your mind to it and don't focus yourself in these small nonsense things, you're better than that.

When you don't have much to hold onto, the little things can mean a lot more than others may think

When you don't have much to hold onto, the little things can mean a lot more than others may think

I'd say it's a matter of being strong or being weak. If you believe you're weak, you'll let EVERYTHING put you down, on the contrary, if you think you're strong, you feel like you can overcame everything. :)
But now depression is a SICKNESS which people usually don't know, and we only cure sickness with medicine. But in this case, sorry for being rude, I don't think it's a case of being sick.

I'd say it's a matter of being strong or being weak. If you believe you're weak, you'll let EVERYTHING put you down, on the contrary, if you think you're strong, you feel like you can overcame everything. :)
But now depression is a SICKNESS which people usually don't know, and we only cure sickness with medicine. But in this case, sorry for being rude, I don't think it's a case of being sick.

He's already on medication for depression

Telling someone to just get over depression doesn't make sense. Even if you're medicated, it still won't go away; it would just lessen it. And even then, not everyone can be put on medicine for it. I cannot take meds for my ADHD because I get extremely aggressive when I'm put under stimulant drugs, and I'm sure that a lot of other people have similar responses. :L

You really don't know his situation though. He said he's upset that his friends didn't reply, but that's most likely not the sole reason he's depressed. Since he's on medication, it's clearly more of an ongoing problem. When you're depressed, things like that (friends ignoring you) can be heartbreaking because you already feel alone and unloved. I doubt it was the cause. If he says he's having troubles with anxiety and depression, he probably is. No need to criticize him :)

Sorry for being rude, but it's not a problem of being "strong" or "weak," and if you think that you're ignorant.

Laugh. It always solves it.
If you cannot bring yourself to properly laugh, even a fake laugh is okay.
Or you can do what you love to do best.
Keep fighting it, its always as I think, God will make a way somehow.
Hang in there~

I assume that Facebook says they've actually been online.
- Maybe they haven't actually been online within that time period. These days with Facebook connected to almost every damn device, a lot of the time it says people are/have been online just from checking the time on their phone.
- Maybe they were online just to post a status or read status's with no intention of actually chatting to anybody.
- They left facebook open on their PC/laptop/whatever and went to do other things.
- Maybe they aren't even using a device that's connected to Facebook themselves. Something connected to Facebook could have just 'done something' to say they're online. My friend has some 'automatic status uploader' on his phone to automatically post to facebook every day when it's 22:00 (for no reason, he's just annoying). Because of that, every day at 10pm it says he's online for a few minutes even though he's not.

That's a problem with Facebook. It's that involved in everybody's lives and connected to so many devices trying to 'keep track of you' that it becomes really unreliable for something so simple as seeing if somebody is actually online or not.
A lot of the time, it really is just one of the above.

If they're genuinely being ignorant with you though, you should probably tell them how you feel. They aren't going to know you have a problem if you don't tell them. They might not even realize they're ignoring you, or they have a simple reason for doing so such as "I wasn't just ignoring you, I couldn't be bothered speaking to anybody at all".
They could even have a problem of their own to why they aren't responding.

I'm the same age as you. Are you in college/school? If you're not then you have to understand that everybody's busy doing their own thing. Most of my friends have gone off to University (as I'm a uni drop out, I'm back at home).

Besides, most of the people you know around the age of 19 are only temporary. You'll meet a lot more people later in your life, so just have that to look forwards to.

Back