i get sudden waves of tiredness and i don't know why, can anyone help?

flameprinc3ss

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this but i got sent out of class for it today and can't stop thinking about it

i'm 15, 5'5 and around 195lbs, i take prozac and some oral contraceptive
i sleep at 10-ish and wake up at 5am because i have to

the kind of tired i get is demanding, like it becomes a struggle to keep my eyes open and it's terrible and awful
only happens when i'm sitting, so i've been thinking maybe it's a blood flow thing? i'm not sure
i went to the doctor and he wasn't sure, he thinks i need more protein in my diet or something, idk

uhh that's about all i can think to say about it, i'd really appreciate some input or ideas to help stay awake

p.s. i don't drink coffee so that's out :////

First off, get to sleep earlier. You're about 2 and 1/2 hours sleep deprived. Second, you might have a vitamin deficiency. Do you ever have strange cravings for non-foods?

uh, i get cravings for soda sometimes?? idk if that counts, also i get cravings for ice cream a lot

so i'd have to go to bed... now is what you're saying
i don't think that's realistic for me, i take 5 ap classes and have a lot of homework all the time :/

Raise your hand if you're a doctor

rmmdbtn.gif

Ok done. Settled. See a doctor

Soz but so many people seem to think tbt is full of medical professions??? It's not.

Last edited:
Iron deficiency? I used to have that and would be tired all the time regardless of sleep or activities, especially when I would be sat down or other 'relaxed' positions where it was possible for me to go to sleep.

Doctors gave me iron vitamins or something but the problem essentially just went away once I changed my diet a bit.

It's really specific example and probably not that...But I only say it because that's what I had :/

uh, i get cravings for soda sometimes?? idk if that counts, also i get cravings for ice cream a lot

so i'd have to go to bed... now is what you're saying
i don't think that's realistic for me, i take 5 ap classes and have a lot of homework all the time :/

How long have you been having these? When you are having these is it quite difficult to keep your eyes open and do they twitch?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Raise your hand if you're a doctor

rmmdbtn.gif

Ok done. Settled. See a doctor

Soz but so many people seem to think tbt is full of medical professions??? It's not.

he said he saw a doctor who didn't know

lol @ your doctor's vague ass answer
go see a different doctor and get some blood tests done or something, that doesn't sound normal.

if you wanna stay awake but don't wanna drink coffee, eat apples instead, that helps!

Last edited:
he said he saw a doctor who didn't know

"he thinks I need more protein in my diet or something"

So do what your doctor says, and if that doesn't help, go back???
Also the fact they added "or something" onto the end implies they didn't really listen/care for what the doctor had to say, and don't really care about their health and well being...

@trundle: i actually have been getting this weird eye twitch in my left eye every once in a while for a few weeks, and yes it's very difficult to keep my eyes open.
and i'm not sure how long i've had the cravings. i wish i had soda right now though

@tao: i was thinking maybe that too, i haven't gotten blood done in a while

@nammie: yeah it was kinda bad, i might do that if my mom lets me

- - - Post Merge - - -

@jake

could you stop being rude about this please?? i'm asking because i've seen people get help here before
also, i HAVE been doing what he told me, i didn't give you all the details, nor do i need to. and god forbid i paraphrase??? jesus christ

@trundle: i actually have been getting this weird eye twitch in my left eye every once in a while for a few weeks, and yes it's very difficult to keep my eyes open.
and i'm not sure how long i've had the cravings. i wish i had soda right now though

@tao: i was thinking maybe that too, i haven't gotten blood done in a while

@nammie: yeah it was kinda bad, i might do that if my mom lets me

yea def ask your parents to go see a different doctor, some really just don't seem to care. my mom went to one bc her arm was hurting and asked why he thought that was and he straight up said "i don't know" and left it at that wtf.

Yeah, from what you're telling me and from what I've experienced you need more sleep whatever food your doctor recommended.

@jake

could you stop being rude about this please?? i'm asking because i've seen people get help here before
also, i HAVE been doing what he told me, i didn't give you all the details, nor do i need to. and god forbid i paraphrase??? jesus christ
If you think I'm being rude you need to reread my comments in a different tone, I'm not being rude at all, I'm being honest

And again, not to be rude but you kinda do need to give all the details if you want people to help you

I have this problem a lot, tho mine is caused by iron deficiency, normally if I take my vitamin everyday Im good. b12 is a good perk of energy 2.

Back