Yellow Candy
Yellow Lily
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Pear (Fruit)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
I have mild anxiety, probably not as bad as many other people but lately it's been getting worse. There are some months where it peaks and some where it's almost none existent. This month happens to be a peak month (nice Christmas gift life :() During the peak months I can have an attack 3-4 times a day for 10 minutes to two hours. This month it seems I have broken that and I am having attacks over every little thing. I don't have any particular methods of calming down an it's getting harder to hide it at school. I sometimes just go freak out in the restroom but by the time I'm out it's normally not over and it only gives me a bit of walking time. I already went home once for it. I am a little sick on top of that so sometimes I have attacks over that. So here's the question; is there anyway I can reduce the number of attacks of lessen the strength of an attack, or are there any calming down tactics I should know? Most of the time the tactics don't work though. Keep in mind I would like I use these at school. Thanks for reading and if I posted this in the wrong board, let me know. (Sorry for spelling/grammar errors).

Well, I'm not exactly the shining pinnacle of mental health but I'll bite.

I'd suggest doing something you like. If you're having an attack try listening to music you like if you can. You can also think of encouraging quotes and the like. Though I might be able to give better advice depending on your exact attack symptoms, but only if you don't mind sharing.

I have generalized anxiety disorder and some of the things that help is distracting myself. If the thing that causes you anxiety is too overwhelming, distance yourself from it for a while and do something else. Treat yourself, eat a favorite snack, watch a favorite movie or show. It's fine if you don't do the first task right away, your mental health is more important. Take it slow and take care of yourself. It's difficult and really exhausting having anxiety but you can deal with it.

Have you actually been diagnosed with anxiety by a doctor, or do you just feel you have been suffering the symptoms of it? Your doctor should have given you either medicine or set you up with a therapist of some kind to work on coping methods when you have an attack. Asking for mental medical advice on a forum of mostly teenagers isn't the best idea. Please get professional help if you feel you have a real problem.

Last edited:
I have generalized anxiety disorder and some of the things that help is distracting myself. If the thing that causes you anxiety is too overwhelming, distance yourself from it for a while and do something else. Treat yourself, eat a favorite snack, watch a favorite movie or show. It's fine if you don't do the first task right away, your mental health is more important. Take it slow and take care of yourself. It's difficult and really exhausting having anxiety but you can deal with it.

I agree with this. Try to treat or distract yourself with something else. Open up ACNL and play for a bit, or do something else.

If it keeps getting worse, seek professional help. It might also help to talk to your teachers about it so they can help you during times of a panic attack (they might be more understanding if you need to walk out for an hour or so).

Have you been checked for hypoglycemia (it's low blood sugar without diabetes, basically)? The symptoms are almost exactly the same as a panic attack.

If you're at school, have you tried doodling in your notebook? I know that sometimes makes teachers go bonkers, but if you can get away with it, drawing (whether you're good at it or not) is a good coping mechanism.

Unfortunately, I can't offer much other advice for coping with it at school (as I failed miserably at that and wound up going to a specialty high school for kids with disabilities).

You should talk to someone about this, because this can cause some mayor problems in school and in your life in general. I think you do struggle with thoughts as well that possible is making you nervous and you need to vent. If you like, we can talk private and you can vent about some things. Because I know how it feels and no one deserve to feel like this. I also suffers with generalized anxiety disorder, known as GAD.

It's a good idea to take whatever pill your doctor recommends while you are having a few bad weeks. Aside from that, just think rationally and use logic. If you're having a panic attack ask yourself questions like "What is the worst that could happen right now?"
Remember to train yourself to look for irrational thinking. If you know what you're doing is silly, it's easier to get over it.

Back