The one year challenge

Toeto

<3
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Purple Mailbox
2285eb20c88296730c97bf600afe19a5-d80phvo.png

You can still participate in this challenge, even though January first already passed. Just pick your own date and well, play for a year :). We would be happy to adopt you in our little community.
Disclaimer: Last year, I posted this idea in the resetting topic. It became a thing pretty quick, so I decided to make a topic for it in a bigger place so that more people can take note of it.

Hello everyone!

As I said, I came up with this idea last year around this time. Maybe more people did it before me, I don't really know. The only thing that I know is that I failed horribly last time. So I'm trying again in 2015. If you want to join me, or get more information about this 'challenge', please read this post.

First of all; I loved New Leaf so much. But I resetted and resetted and now I have 600+ hours of gameplay spread on to I think more than 10 towns. And none of them exist anymore. I had a pretty long break, started playing again. Then I lost interest pretty quick again and that's going on for like this whole year. That's why I want to try this challenge again, but not alone. If we get together and do it in a group, we have more motivation to not quit the game we love. I really hope that some people will try this.
Animal_Crossing__Working_Girl_by_Sakujo_Kun.png

The rules:
* You have to start your game on January first.
You can reset for a town map as much as you like, but it's important that you plant the town tree on this day.

* Don't transfer anything.
Yes, you can trade for things on this forum but don't transfer all your 1000 hybrids and rare stuff and bells into your new town. It's no fun, trust me.

* Don't time travel.
This may be the most important rule of all, but you cannot and will not time travel. Play day by day.

* Don't plot reset.
If you really want to, I cannot hold you back. But really, it's fun to see your town grow in one year without having the upper hand in everything that happens.

As you see, it's really simple. We can use this thread to gather ourselves, try to come up with fun town names and just get excited. And after the first of January, we can keep each other up to date with the progress we made. I promise you that this is a really good chance to fall in love with the game again. Take it slow and enjoy the moment.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UeQg4ByZdVIlCLpce1xo6ITPI7RmCBcvATzmNPm0oak/edit#gid=0
THE BIG LIST.

Last edited:
This sounds fun!
Could we do this on a second copy of the game? I've only had my main town for about two months, so I'm still pretty attached to it. C:

Ah, I remember you tried to do this last year, and it sounds like a fun way for people to get back into the game again. Don't feel bad if you end up losing interest again though, playing the game shouldn't start feeling like a chore. But best of luck to you and anyone else who decides to do this!

That's what I tried to do with Area9 but decided nah I'll TT. I think I will try again on my second cart :3

That sounds really fun! I will consider getting a second copy of the game and do the 1 year challenge!

I'd do this, but I've had the same town since the beginning and I don't want to reset just to start on January 1. It sounds like a fun challenge for people who spend a lot of time resetting, though :D

That will be awesome! Will do this on my 2nd town, if I still have it when I transfer from my 3ds XL to another.

I'd love to do this but I'd really want to bring my stuff with me. I've received a lot of nice things from people here and I don't want to take that for granted and get rid of it ;_;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wouldn't TT and plot-resetting is too much work for me ^^

Good luck to all who do this, it sounds like fun! I may do it with my second copy, but I've found running two towns quite hard in the past. But this no TTing and taking-it-as-it-comes approach sounds manageable (and relaxing!).

Last edited:
I said I'd do this last year, and I've reset nearly every day since then. I'll try my hardest this year!!

Ah, I'm sure that for many this was a failed New Years resolution. I honestly don't have the time, commitment, or will to do this, so good luck to everyone that wants to try. One last thing: you must get everything. In one year. Everything.

this sounds like a fun challenge. i might have to buy another copy of acnl bc i don't want to restart my current town. :>

Ohh I have my second copy free once I remake my town on my digital copy c: I might actually try this!

I wish I could do this on January 1st, but I'm waiting all the way until May 30th because I have to get school and club volleyball over with. u v u I'm really excited though! ( ? ▽ ` )ノ

I think I'll join. This sounds fun. I like how we have to start on January and work our way to the end of the year as opposed to starting on the current date.

Hmm. This seems like a wonderful idea! I am actually attached to my town so I can't join you, but perhaps if I can't get a wii u right after christmas then I'll settle for buying a second copy and doing this challenge with you! ^.^

Aww, man. I saw this a little too late. I absolutely love my current town. Otherwise, I would definitely join, but I'm not getting a second copy. One town is more than enough for me to keep up with lol.
I will however wish everyone lots of luck in this!

Back