• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
That's my least favorite :( I like & use the Kirby one now. Glad it opens the option of using the Mii a bit...

I didn't really like the Kirby one that much, which is a shame because it was the one I was wanting to see the most.

I'm hoping they do one for all the other Amiibo as well, especially one's like Sonic or Mega Man who probably won't see much other support from other games.

Yeah I feel like what we have there now might be it, they haven't even supported all the first wave. I didn't even notice until there was no Wii Fit costume LOL

Yeah I feel like what we have there now might be it, they haven't even supported all the first wave. I didn't even notice until there was no Wii Fit costume LOL

It would be a shame if they don't support any more Amiibo for it. I think Megaman would have an awesome Mii costume for Mario Kart! Maybe they'll release a few more Amiibo costumes in an update, or maybe around the time the Animal Crossing DLC comes out.

I still want to know what they're going to do in other games and how many other games are going to support them. For things like the Mario Kart costumes, I can't really see that kind of thing working in anything but "Mario does thing" games, though I would still welcome something similar in a new 'Mario Party' :3

Hopefully other games keep up to the 'Mario Kart' standard at least with something like unlockable costumes...The way they were used in Hyrule Warriors was kinda lame (with the Link Amiibo being the only exception). It felt like they were forced to add support for them.

I don't have one yet, but I'd like a Villager and maybe a Wii Fit Trainer.

None. I plan on getting the villager later in time, perhaps.

Last edited:
I have Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi, & Link.

Basically, the Pikachu's level 50 and it's a menace at times, but most of the time it just spams Thunder Jolt.
Same goes for Yoshi.

It would be a shame if they don't support any more Amiibo for it. I think Megaman would have an awesome Mii costume for Mario Kart! Maybe they'll release a few more Amiibo costumes in an update, or maybe around the time the Animal Crossing DLC comes out.

I still want to know what they're going to do in other games and how many other games are going to support them. For things like the Mario Kart costumes, I can't really see that kind of thing working in anything but "Mario does thing" games, though I would still welcome something similar in a new 'Mario Party' :3

Hopefully other games keep up to the 'Mario Kart' standard at least with something like unlockable costumes...The way they were used in Hyrule Warriors was kinda lame (with the Link Amiibo being the only exception). It felt like they were forced to add support for them.

Totally agree.
I actually didn't think about the 2015 MK8 DLC, they could add more costumes for that but then that would be IT. But it would still surprise me if it happened. Villager was in the first wave, why didn't we just get the costume now?

I do also find they probably added full Amiibo support was a weird idea. It's cool I can get random stuff and that same exact Hyrule Spinner that's a crazy weapon everytime I want but they could have fine tuned it and made it just Link, Toon Link and Zelda. The rest are awkward to touch to the gamepad cause it's like "you don't live in this game why does Kirby work here"

I'm most excited for the Mario one, he should be utilized a lot if it's their mascot come on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My Amiibo are beatable even at level 50 but the Link one is SOOOO sturdy. He's really kind of difficult to take out at this point. Wii Fit Trainer is the weakest even if I up her badges and stuff, she can't seem to stay on the ground if she get hit much

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG POOR Donkey Kong! He only has 2 votes and I can tell he isn't popular for some reason in real life either :( Twice I've got to two different best buys and they were wiped out EXCEPT for 4 DKs... both had 4. Awkward D:

I've got Villager (FINALLY today, after being sold out everywhere!) and Yoshi coming on xmas.
And kinda technically Link and Pikachu, though I bought them for a friend.

Haven't played with them yet, but if I like them I'll probably go on a rampage and buy every character I like and like 3 Villagers. <_>

I am really, really, really, so really my neck might fall off it's hinge, hoping that alternate characters get amiibo too. - Like Alph, and koopalings, and maybe a non warioware dressed Wario.
If that happens I'll probably get 2 Larrys and a Bowser Jr, and maybe a Morton. If not I'll get 2 Bowser Jrs at any rate.

Totally agree.
I actually didn't think about the 2015 MK8 DLC, they could add more costumes for that but then that would be IT. But it would still surprise me if it happened. Villager was in the first wave, why didn't we just get the costume now?

I'm most excited for the Mario one, he should be utilized a lot if it's their mascot come on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My Amiibo are beatable even at level 50 but the Link one is SOOOO sturdy. He's really kind of difficult to take out at this point. Wii Fit Trainer is the weakest even if I up her badges and stuff, she can't seem to stay on the ground if she get hit much

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG POOR Donkey Kong! He only has 2 votes and I can tell he isn't popular for some reason in real life either :( Twice I've got to two different best buys and they were wiped out EXCEPT for 4 DKs... both had 4. Awkward D:

Maybe they just got out the more 'popular' Amiibo characters for the first Mario Kart DLC, though I don't remember there being a Pikachu one either and he's definitely popular enough...Or they couldn't think of a good design for the Villager Mii suit.
The latter seems more likely.

My Kirby Amiibo just feels like a hard NPC. I'm not really having much trouble kicking his butt at level 50. The thing that bugs me the most is they're supposed to 'learn' from what I do, yet he still doesn't seem to shield and dodge at all and I dodge quite a bit.
I'll give credit though...When I'm playing Sheik or Zero Suit, it seems to always move from the the 'air + down + A' attack...Shame he won't actually dodge though.

I've not seen DK in any stores at all. Samus and Fox are the two that seem to be getting unsold around my area.

I guess you just really don't need 10,000 Amiibo costumes for the Mii to race with cause then it becomes Mii Racing.

Well I wouldn't feel bad, I'm sure it will make a nice display after all is said and done. Even if a million others do it, you'll be the only one in your group with a full Amiibo collection I bet.

Back