• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Time will tell on all that but I highly doubt and wouldn't hold my breath on any Nintendo + Disney partnership. It's a dream to say Amiibo + Disney Infinity is in our future based on a movie cameo. It doesn't seem like Nintendo has any interest in partnering with Disney or Skylanders, or any other established series that uses the NFC. It's not the same thing as the others at this point and I can't see them steering this ship toward being a complete copycat. It might be beneficial for Nintendo to get Amiibo in Disney Infinity but that kind of would steer the focus away from Disney Infinity and turn it into Nintendo Infinity. It would probably just end up being costumes or small DLC like the rest. Not to mention they're not in the Disney universe at all except for Wreck it Ralph so what would their purpose even be? "Amiibo Infinity" prob will have to wait some time.

I haven't bought any, but admittedly I have been tempted by Link, Zelda, and Yoshi. But they're pricey. :(

I know I won't be able to resist the Rosalina amiibo when it comes out.

Zelda is tempting too I must say. Especially if she'd give me crazy weapons for Hyrule Warriors too. I bet Rosalina will be super popular.

Lol I'm surprised others voted for Wii Fit Trainer, I didn't think anyone cared about her

Not to mention they're not in the Disney universe at all except for Wreck it Ralph so what would their purpose even be?

...Neither is Spider-man...

Regardless, I don't think it will happen. It would have just been nice if they would have worked it that way.

I don't have the Wii U yet, but will soon, and I am planning on getting the Link amiibo and possibly Luigi.

I got a samus amiibo from game today and i noticed that it had two hand cannons instead of one lol

weird huh

I got the only Villager on release day at a Walmart. They had one and it was a the checkout lineup.
I'm not able to try them because my children are buying Smash Brothers for Christmas.

The only Amiibo I have is Pikachu.

Lol we can't seem to stop talking about that same topic... anyone have anything positive to say after all the votes we've gotten?

Last edited:
Lol we can't seem to stop talking about that same topic... anyone have anything positive to say after all the votes we've gotten?

I like the Mii outfit the Yoshi amiibo gives you in Mario Kart 8?

That's my least favorite :( I like & use the Kirby one now. Glad it opens the option of using the Mii a bit...

Back