• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Yeah I don't have any of the earliest/SSB amiibos lol so I just picked whatever xD

Also hopefully I'll get my new WA cards batch soon. Need me some more fun stuff.

hey jason, will you be buying 2 boxes of that mario amiibo cereal?
I might only need one.

I might see if I can cut the amiibo chip out of the box without damaging it as there is no point keeping cereal new and sealed due to it having an expiry date.

I might only need one.

I might see if I can cut the amiibo chip out of the box without damaging it as there is no point keeping cereal new and sealed due to it having an expiry date.

It shouldn't be a problem because there is a plastic bag inside of it obviously. Besides, it's a lot cheaper than a regular figure so get 2 and continue the trend :D

I had originally posted this in the main Treehouse but was informed it actually belonged here. I copied all of the responses in case any one was interested in what was being discussed. Thanks!

Pics of my new Detective Pikachu amiibo!
(I wasn't sure if I should put this in the Pokemon subforum since it's not like a normal Pokemon game. I'd be happy to move it there if need be though. Thank you!)

My copy of the game Detective Pikachu & my Detective Pikachu amiibo arrived yesterday! I couldn't wait to take the master Detective out of his box!

In box...
detective_pikachu_in_box_by_valzed-dc6s8ia.jpg

Out of box. I used Link to show just how big the Detective really is!
detective_pikachu_by_valzed-dc6s8i1.jpg

Due to a family member's birthday I haven't had a chance to play the game yet. I'm really looking forward to when I can! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish this was a stand-alone topic.

It's the most interesting post in here!

I wanted to know more about the game.
If it's just for kids, or would adults enjoy it!

Pika's voice is the only thing that puts me off. :(

I want that giant amiibo though! ^_^

Last edited:
ctually, he unlocks all the cutscenes involving Pikachu for every completed chapter in the game.

And I'm pretty sure sure you can use him in Super Smash Bros. instead of the regular Pikachu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew about the cut scenes.

I want to know about the gameplay.

Val, have you started it yet, my friend? ^_^

ctually, he unlocks all the cutscenes involving Pikachu for every completed chapter in the game.

And I'm pretty sure sure you can use him in Super Smash Bros. instead of the regular Pikachu.

The Detective Pikachu amiibo doesn't work for Smash.

I finished Detective Pikachu and did use my Detective Pikachu to unlock all of the cut scenes. I also tried to see if any of my other amiibo did anything and they did not. Only the Detective Pikachu amiibo works with the Detective Pikachu game and the Detective Pikachu game is the only game the Detective Pikachu amiibo works with.

I am super excited! My hubby was in the shopping center where out local Toys R Us is and he stopped in to see if he could surprise me with anything Animal Crossing related. He got their last 6 packs amiibo cards (all Series 2, all none I already had) & a Celeste amiibo figure for me! The card packs were still $5.99 but everything was 10% off so he got everything for under $45!! Then I went on Amazon to order something we needed and they were selling 3 packs of Series 4 cards for $5.99 a pack so I was able to get them as well! Woo hoo!

Last edited:
I've currently got; Kirby, Ness, Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Mii Swordsman, Villager, Mewtwo, Pacman, Greninja, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Lucario, Charizard, Mario, Yoshi, KK Slider, Digby, Tom Nook and some of the Amiibo Cards

I'm so excited to show you the Amiibo I was able to give my son for Chistmas. He loves the Dark Souls series and Solaire is his favorite NPC. Look who I was lucky enough to be able to get:

dcvf303-8a75adc0-e3eb-40d1-8279-354066fb4ed0.jpg dcvf307-dced8a8b-1906-4d00-a8c3-033e36bb1c5a.jpg

To anyone that knows of me... I have, as of September 2018, whether you believe it or not, given up on collecting amiibo figures.
Yes. I'm done.

Reason? Well, I just do not have the room spare anymore.

To anyone that knows of me... I have, as of September 2018, whether you believe it or not, given up on collecting amiibo figures.
Yes. I'm done.

Reason? Well, I just do not have the room spare anymore.

I cannot believe that JasonBurrows, the amiibo legend, ran out of room. Amazing.

Back