amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
While Rosalina amiibo are nearly impossible to find for a reasonable price, she would be one of the more likely characters to be restocked due of her popularity, be it the Smash version restock or the upcoming Super Mario one.
Her usefulness isn't entirely bad. She might not going to get as many compatible games as Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach and Yoshi would, but there are actually more games that support her than a lot of the rare amiibo.

• Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U (Read-Write)
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Mario Party 10 (Read-Write)
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits

LOL. TBH, the only specific use for her is in MK8. All amiibo are compatible in Hyrule Warriors, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad, and Amiibo Tap.

LOL. TBH, the only specific use for her is in MK8. All amiibo are compatible in Hyrule Warriors, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad, and Amiibo Tap.

In Mario Party 10, Rosalina can instantly unlock her own amiibo board and can be used as a character in amiibo Party as well. Even if you don't have her, you can collect her board piece while playing amiibo Party, but it'll take a while before you can play it. Any amiibo other than her, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Wario and Donkey Kong will just get you a scratch ticket per day.

The least useful rare amiibo for me is Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Pit, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja and Ness. Outside of Super Smash Bros., they are the least compatible out of the bunch and are stupidly expensive to obtain. Therefore I would see why collectors wouldn't even bother opening their box.

Even though Pikachu is one of the most common amiibo and is likely to get games that support him, so far there isn't a single game that would unlock an exclusive feature if used. I know he's extremely popular, but why there were so many of him produced while he's among the least useful amiibo is scratching my head even further. The same can be said to Diddy Kong to a lesser extent.

Really random question for those who own a Toon Link amiibo: Does yours have a seam through its hair? I looked at the pic on Amazon on him, and he definitely had one in that photo:

http://www.amazon.com/Toon-Link-ami...d=1430061832&sr=1-1&keywords=toon+link+amiibo

But when I got my Toon Link from a seller on eBay, mine had no seam in the hair (which I was pretty excited about... the obvious seams look bad to me).

Anyone have any info on why they're different?

Really random question for those who own a Toon Link amiibo: Does yours have a seam through its hair? I looked at the pic on Amazon on him, and he definitely had one in that photo:

http://www.amazon.com/Toon-Link-ami...d=1430061832&sr=1-1&keywords=toon+link+amiibo

But when I got my Toon Link from a seller on eBay, mine had no seam in the hair (which I was pretty excited about... the obvious seams look bad to me).

Anyone have any info on why they're different?

Mine doesn't have a seam either, looks like just the prototype artwork had a seam.

Really random question for those who own a Toon Link amiibo: Does yours have a seam through its hair?
Do you mean this part that I have circled in red?

Dc0zts8.jpg

Target auatralia r restocking marth and Ike and sonic and meta knight wtf what is wrong with u

Although at 26 I'd feel a bit weird buying a toy (not saying it's weird to buy amiibos as an adult at all btw, it's just how I'd personally feel because I'm a bit cowardly by nature) I am REALLY tempted by the Bowser, Charizard, Shulk and Dedede one's. They look pretty well made!

Although at 26 I'd feel a bit weird buying a toy (not saying it's weird to buy amiibos as an adult at all btw, it's just how I'd personally feel because I'm a bit cowardly by nature) I am REALLY tempted by the Bowser, Charizard, Shulk and Dedede one's. They look pretty well made!

pretend you're buying them for your kids :cool:

pretend you're buying them for your kids :cool:
Like a Ninja, aww ye :cool: XD
Shouldn't you just be not caring about that at 26?
Probably, I usually don't, maybe I just don't want them enough, haha.

Edit: If they released Monster Hunter Amiibo's, on the other hand, there would be no stopping me :mad:

Last edited:
Back