• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Back when the SK amiibo leaked a few days ago I didn't think it was for smash but I was thinking it could be for SK retail release guess I am smart :)))

Wow, those unicorn amiibo restocks are popping everywhere in Canada lately. Today, I even managed to order both Marth and Ike along with Toad again from Canadian Best Buy online store. Even Villager and Captain Falcon made their appearance, but I asked one of my siblings to get them as my Christmas present.

These unicorn amiibo were up since around 2:30PM EDT. As of now, Marth and Ike are gone, but Villager and Captain Falcon are still up for grabs.

Next up, I'll focus on getting 8-bit Mario, Olimar, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf and perhaps the Mii Fighters bundle. And of course, I'll be also on lookout for even more restocks as well, especially Lucina and Robin.

Wow, those unicorn amiibo restocks are popping everywhere in Canada lately. Today, I even managed to order both Marth and Ike along with Toad again from Canadian Best Buy online store. Even Villager and Captain Falcon made their appearance, but I asked one of my siblings to get them as my Christmas present.

These unicorn amiibo were up since around 2:30PM EDT. As of now, Marth and Ike are gone, but Villager and Captain Falcon are still up for grabs.

Next up, I'll focus on getting 8-bit Mario, Olimar, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf and perhaps the Mii Fighters bundle. And of course, I'll be also on lookout for even more restocks as well, especially Lucina and Robin.

Uh oh.... Looks like we got a competitor for the Jason Burrows Amiibo-er....

Last edited:
Uh oh.... Looks like we got a competitor for the Jason Burrows Amiibo-er....

Well, sort of. There's definitely plenty of amiibo that I'd like to get, but I don't necessarily get all of them at launch, and there are some of them that I won't even bother getting them at all. Considering that I'm growing my amiibo collection at a scary rate, I might as well be second banana here!

Well, sort of. There's definitely plenty of amiibo that I'd like to get, but I don't necessarily get all of them at launch, and there are some of them that I won't even bother getting them at all. Considering that I'm growing my amiibo collection at a scary rate, I might as well be second banana here!

Well, you sure are close to him at least. You deserve second place. ;)

CNdkRjsUkAAV12g.png:large

Oh my. Now in English!
I need an NA listing...or any listing on Amazon that I can import at some point because we have bad luck with amiibo over here..

Just a quick update from me, I managed to literally just snag a Greninja Amiibo at CEX for ?22, not an amazing price but it was the cheapest I have seen it, I waited in queue for 10 minutes for it, practically passing myself the whole time worrying some little kid was gonna grab him...

Just a quick update from me, I managed to literally just snag a Greninja Amiibo at CEX for ?22, not an amazing price but it was the cheapest I have seen it, I waited in queue for 10 minutes for it, practically passing myself the whole time worrying some little kid was gonna grab him...
You could have bought it from GAME.co.uk for ?14.99.

Why Nintendo?

Why have you made an indie character that's just over a year old an amiibo?

If this means they're going to be in Smash then I'm done. I'm selling my copy, 3DS and buying a ****ing Vita.

Nintendo are going to poison the amazing smash roster with ****ty indie characters...
goodbye Nintendo

You could have bought it from GAME.co.uk for ?14.99.
Oh well, too late now :p It makes up for me getting the majority of my Amiibo for under ?10 (cheapest was ?5 including postage) Plus I've never liked ordering from Game online, I bought my DSi off there a few months after launch, it was meant to be brand new but they sent me a rather beat up second hand one instead and refused to refund me :p

Either way I now only need Lucario and Mewtwo to complete the Pokemon Smash Characters :3

You probably could've even walked into a GAME store and found one, if you go in before 12.
The amount of restocks I've been seeing whilst I've been in store is rididulous. My local one has 7 nesses that have been there over a week ;o

I'm thinking about getting a few amiibo (Before animal crossing: amiibo festival), What would be a good starting amiibo?

I'm getting Mario kart 8, Splatoon, Mario Party 10, Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land, in case you need to know for compatibility.

Why Nintendo?

Why have you made an indie character that's just over a year old an amiibo?

If this means they're going to be in Smash then I'm done. I'm selling my copy, 3DS and buying a ****ing Vita.

Nintendo are going to poison the amazing smash roster with ****ty indie characters...
goodbye Nintendo

Shovel Knight is one exception to that third-party character rule. Do you have an idea on how popular his game is as a whole? It began as a successful Kickstarter project that later proved to be not only an outstanding game, but also a notable commercial hit in the indie scene. How that wasn't impressive to begin with? I even dreamed the day Shovel Knight would become a fantastic playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4.

You seems to imply that you were so used to the tradition that adding indie characters in Super Smash Bros is basically committing a sin. I already see why some of these characters (e.g. Shovel Knight, Shantae, Cave Story's protagonist) would make for a great addition to the already excellent character roster, especially when they're the most popular and requested indie characters among the fanbase. What could possibly go wrong with that?

I'm thinking about getting a few amiibo (Before animal crossing: amiibo festival), What would be a good starting amiibo?

I'm getting Mario kart 8, Splatoon, Mario Party 10, Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land, in case you need to know for compatibility.

Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land are quite a great choice, but they don't support amiibo and they might never at this point. Any variation of Mario (especially the 30th anniversary one), Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Bowser is great for those who want to test the waters with amiibo.

From those games, only Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Party 10 use Amiibo
Every single Super Mario series amiibo can be used in Mario Party 10 to unlock the Amiibo Party gamemode (which is pretty much Mario Party 1-8. DS. and IT) and Mario Kart 8. The Super Mario line up consists of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, and Yoshi, which can all be used to unlock Mii costumes in Mario Kart 8.

Meanwhile, the Splatoon amiibo can be used to get extra amiibo missions which, when completed, earns you extra gear. Each amiibo has 20 missions. From what I heard, the amiibo are worth it and provide good content.

If you want quality, then Splatoon sounds like your best bet. If you want quantity, I'd buy some Super Mario series figures (or the Smash equivalent works as well, except Toad is only in the Super Mario series). It's your choice, but I really wouldn't buy Mario Party 10

Here's some more new from Shovel Knight if you guys wanna check it out. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...8f4e4b0c818f6178b01?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Also here is a list of what the new Shovel Knight amiibo can do. I am so excited for this I have that game on didtal for my 3ds can't wait to pre-order it x3.

Cooperative Multiplayer (exclusive to Wii U)!

Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
Use new cooperative moves to help each other out along the way!

Deep Customization!

Level up by defeating enemies and finding treasure!
Earn all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
Use your custom amiibo seamlessly between 3DS and Wii U!

Exclusive Challenge Stages!

Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new amiibo relics and abilities!

One amiibo, multiple games

We plan to continue support of the Shovel Knight amiibo in future Yacht Club Games and Nintendo products! Stay tuned to amiibo.com for compatibility details in new games.

11via9y.gif

You probably could've even walked into a GAME store and found one, if you go in before 12.
The amount of restocks I've been seeing whilst I've been in store is rididulous. My local one has 7 nesses that have been there over a week ;o
Um, I have been checking ya know? None of the Game stores near me have had Greninja in stock when I could get to them and when they have they have been when I am working and can't get to Game, heck I asked my local Game when I went in on my birthday about Greninja and they said they have NEVER had it in stock... I find it hard to get into town because of work and I was lucky enough to go to my second nearest town today (with 2 Games) and they only had Mario, Peach, Link, Pikachu and Jigglypuff (which I have already) and I asked them about Greninja and they both only got one in the last restock and were gone within an hour of opening :/ I can't exactly skip work just for a freaking Amiibo!

So yeah, I'll jump on any Amiibo I can get, as I have said this is the first Amiibo I have gone over RRP for, I believe I have otherwise always paid way under RRP for my Amiibo. As longs as I am happy that's all I care about :p

Last edited:
Um, I have been checking ya know? None of the Game stores near me have had Greninja in stock when I could get to them and when they have they have been when I am working and can't get to Game, heck I asked my local Game when I went in on my birthday about Greninja and they said they have NEVER had it in stock... I find it hard to get into town because of work and I was lucky enough to go to my second nearest town today (with 2 Games) and they only had Mario, Peach, Link, Pikachu and Jigglypuff (which I have already) and I asked them about Greninja and they both only got one in the last restock and were gone within an hour of opening :/ I can't exactly skip work just for a freaking Amiibo!

So yeah, I'll jump on any Amiibo I can get, as I have said this is the first Amiibo I have gone over RRP for, I believe I have otherwise always paid way under RRP for my Amiibo. As longs as I am happy that's all I care about :p

Sorryyyyy ;u; I was just trying to help..

Sorryyyyy ;u; I was just trying to help..

Nah, it's okay, sorry for snapping at you, I already had Jason lecture me about Game and I just really, really don't like it when people interfere with how and where I spend my money ;P Plus I'm not a fan of Game so I try to avoid shopping with them (my local Game is full of sexist jerks, I tried to hand my CV and application form in there for a Christmas job and the guy behind the till just binned it telling me they don't hire women :/ I literally have never seen a woman working there either, I wish they hadn't shut the other Game in town since that one was so much better but it had a lower footfall...)

Last edited:
Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land are quite a great choice, but they don't support amiibo and they might never at this point. Any variation of Mario (especially the 30th anniversary one), Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Bowser is great for those who want to test the waters with amiibo.

From those games, only Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Party 10 use Amiibo
Every single Super Mario series amiibo can be used in Mario Party 10 to unlock the Amiibo Party gamemode (which is pretty much Mario Party 1-8. DS. and IT) and Mario Kart 8. The Super Mario line up consists of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, and Yoshi, which can all be used to unlock Mii costumes in Mario Kart 8.

Meanwhile, the Splatoon amiibo can be used to get extra amiibo missions which, when completed, earns you extra gear. Each amiibo has 20 missions. From what I heard, the amiibo are worth it and provide good content.

If you want quality, then Splatoon sounds like your best bet. If you want quantity, I'd buy some Super Mario series figures (or the Smash equivalent works as well, except Toad is only in the Super Mario series). It's your choice, but I really wouldn't buy Mario Party 10

Thank you, both! I've decided I'll probably get a Toad, Limited Edition Silver Mario and maybe Captain Falcon or Olimar.

And Mario Party 10 has already been bought and I got told about it so I can't really change it... I do enjoy the mario party series though, so I might find it enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back