amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
The WiiU adapter is for pre order again at gamestop.
Off topic I know, but also a hard to find item.

This is why people like me need these threads and people like you. I would have never known. I ordered an adapter with a controller and THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT. I've been wanting an adapter since I got the Wii U.

This is why people like me need these threads and people like you. I would have never known. I ordered an adapter with a controller and THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT. I've been wanting an adapter since I got the Wii U.

I work at gamestop. So I get on the work day while at home and check the news section. :p
I'm so glad you got your adapter! Yay. :3

Ninty AU has been importing Amiibo from other countries and selling them. So far I've only seen ones from Japan.

And before you all flip out, it's only the common ones. Here, only Mario, Pikachu, and Link are rare, everything else is rare p much - so they're importing the common ones from the US, like Peach, Kirby, DK, etc... and selling them.

Still cool tho. I didn't really plan to get any more amiibo other than Jigglypuff and a SM Yoshi, but if I'm out and see a Japanese one I guess I'll consider buying it.

Still no sign of Rosalina or Fox :ccc Did finally buy a Sheik though!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

target.com no longer has the rosalina amiibo listed...... cries

Australia are getting Japanese ones so I went to Target and they said they get stock tomorrow. They said they're getting DK, Kirby, Yoshi and apparently Samus (?)

Australia are getting Japanese ones so I went to Target and they said they get stock tomorrow. They said they're getting DK, Kirby, Yoshi and apparently Samus (?)

Some targets have DK and Kirby today.
I've also seen some getting pikachu, too

Anyone have any idea if/when Nintendo will release an amiibo adapter for 3DS XL?

Also, I can't decide if I should buy some amiibo preemptively... I don't have a WiiU, and my 3DS XL won't read them independently. Meh.

Anyone have any idea if/when Nintendo will release an amiibo adapter for 3DS XL?

Also, I can't decide if I should buy some amiibo preemptively... I don't have a WiiU, and my 3DS XL won't read them independently. Meh.
Yes, Nintendo are going to release "something" that will allow Amiibo support for regular 3DS' and 3DS XL's soon enough.

They said an adapter will be available sometime later this year.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why did DK suddenly become hard to find?
Target here is over run with Bowser & Luigi lol...

Gosh darn it I was sucked into buying more Amiibo today. I just can't resist such awesome little figures. I'm personally only a little addicted with currently owning 5 Amiibo. I also do not keep an extra unopened box of each character either. I just get one of my favourite characters and then open them for use.

Before last Christmas I decided that I wanted to have 3 Amiibo, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Rosalina as they were my top 3 fave characters from the Smash Bros Amiibo lineup. So, I asked for Yoshi and Pikachu for Christmas as Rosalina was not yet released. This was also before I had a Wii U but I shortly bought one after Christmas with the help of my savings and Christmas money. Later on Rosalina finally came out and the hunt was on, since I live in Canada I had lots of fun (if you can call it that) trying to hunt down Rosalina. I finally got super lucky and stopped by a Walmart right when they had gotten the wave 3 shipment. I nearly walked by the two Rosalina's that they had twice before seeing them! Man I was so happy. Now today, I caved again and bought Peach and Diddy Kong as they are two other characters that I really like. I hope to be stopping here as I'm not a fan of the Super Mario line (it's ok but nothing special in my opinion) and I don't care for the Smash Mario (too much fire for my liking) and Luigi (why did they have to put the stand up his crotch? Ugh).

Here's my current collection:

Man I have a thing for Mario characters lol.

omgr2Ah.jpg

My floor is dirty tho.

RizCL6s.png

And here's the whole collection, between me and my brother that is.

Last edited:
omgr2Ah.jpg

My floor is dirty tho.

RizCL6s.png

Holy crap. Between the two of you, looks like you have nearly a full set.

Mega Man just came in for me today (around 5-10 minutes ago, actually). Target delivers very nice quality. : )

Wow I managed to squeeze out 2 that you don't have haha Rosalina & Shulk. Awesome collection though! I want to grab them all at once with both hands...

Yeeeeah, I'm picking between Shulk or Meta Knight to order, only can afford one and it'll shamefully have to be from Japan, Rosalina is out of the question as of now, my brother was lucky to nab Mac for ?20 or so around the time he was released.

But yeah, the collection's coming together! hopefully we can collect most if not all of the Smash Bros Amiibo's in general

Holy crap. Between the two of you, looks like you have nearly a full set.
We both hope to get all of the Smash Amiibo's, shamefully we'll have some doubles however we mainly have unique Amiibo's to eachother, especially the fact he wanted Captain Falcon but I nabbed it first :U

Last edited:
I heard that the amiibo adapter was going to be out for Summer 2015...

- - - Post Merge - - -

RizCL6s.png

That is only 26 of 29 actually...

That is the whole collection???? Where is your Shulk, Meta Knight and Rosalina? I received Shulk and Meta Knight today in the mail.
I have had Rosalina for a VERY long time now. Nearly a month.

Back