• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Just picked up Smash Mario and Smash Luigi Amiibo today to go along with my Smash Peach, Smash Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Rosalina/Luma, and Pikachu. Also finally picked up Smash Bros Wii U!

I'd like to finish off my Amiibo collection with 2 more: Villager (so god help me, I'm not paying $80+ for him, but rumours of a second round make me hopeful), and Jigglypuff (please don't be rare!).

Yeah exactly, how did you get Rosalina so easily? I do have her too but i just am wondering how you got it because she is quite rare...

Amiibo will be the death of me. The only one I do not have that I actually want is Pit. Unfortunately, I never knew he was released, so I'm just sitting here, hoping he gets re-released. The Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem characters are my must haves.

My boyfriend gave me his Marth and bought me Ike for Valentine's Day. The other ones I have are Smash/Mario Yoshi, Smash Peach, Mega Man, Link, Toon Link and Zelda. I currently have Robin, Lucina, Ness, and Charizard on pre-order in Japan. I really hope they do not get canceled. I have to have Robin, Lucina, and Ness or I will cry every day. ;__;

Amiibo will be the death of me. The only one I do not have that I actually want is Pit. Unfortunately, I never knew he was released, so I'm just sitting here, hoping he gets re-released. The Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem characters are my must haves.

My boyfriend gave me his Marth and bought me Ike for Valentine's Day. The other ones I have are Smash/Mario Yoshi, Smash Peach, Mega Man, Link, Toon Link and Zelda. I currently have Robin, Lucina, Ness, and Charizard on pre-order in Japan. I really hope they do not get canceled. I have to have Robin, Lucina, and Ness or I will cry every day. ;__;

Lol i got Pit yesterday at a toy store in The Netherlands (Just where i live do not think that i travelled across the world for it xD) and it happened to be there, he is not that hard to find here. But all the amiibo are sold out here on sites like amazon that ship across the world because there are a lot foreign orders, most of the European people do not even get their own region amiibo because of that xD

My Toad amiibo arrived from Amazon today.

...Amazon gets ANOTHER strike from me. Not only is it a somewhat poor paint job on the figure they chose to send me again, but they literally crammed the package into their shipping box and didn't even bother to use those nice air packets/bubble wrap like the other places do (both GameStop and Target packaged my stuff nicely). Toad's box is bent to heck. Lucky I'm not intending to keep it as a collector's item. But I'm not ordering any more amiibos from Amazon. That's the last strike.

Last edited:
My Toad amiibo arrived from Amazon today.

...Amazon gets ANOTHER strike from me. Not only is it a somewhat poor paint job on the figure they chose to send me again, but they literally crammed the package into their shipping box and didn't even bother to use those nice air packets/bubble wrap like the other places do (both GameStop and Target packaged my stuff nicely). Toad's box is bent to heck. Lucky I'm not intending to keep it as a collector's item. But I'm not ordering any more amiibos from Amazon. That's the last strike.
Oh goody, I get to make this point again.
You can't possibly blame the retailers for bad paint jobs. They're just as blind-sided to the condition of the Amibos when they receive them as you are.
It's perfectly fine to blame Amazon if the shipping wasn't adequate, but also be aware that items sold by individual sellers through Amazon, items sold by Amazon, and items that are fulfilled by Amazon are different.

Does anyone know whether the "Mario Party amiibo will be in abundance" statement is actually true or should I keep my Super Mario Collection amiibo figures in their boxes as collectables?

Does anyone know whether the "Mario Party amiibo will be in abundance" statement is actually true or should I keep my Super Mario Collection amiibo figures in their boxes as collectables?

Rip them open. Burn the boxes. No regrets.

Rip them open. Burn the boxes. No regrets.
I could not bring myself to do that...

That is like opening my Shulk amiibo... That would make me consider that I'm feeling it was a mistake later on to open it. It is not actually open... Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too rare...

See what I did there? lol I'm feeling it... was a mistake to open it would be my thoughts if I did open it.

Oh goody, I get to make this point again.

It's perfectly fine to blame Amazon if the shipping wasn't adequate, but also be aware that items sold by individual sellers through Amazon, items sold by Amazon, and items that are fulfilled by Amazon are different.

They put their name on what was sent to me, so I have no reason to blame anyone else. I'm not blaming them for the paint job itself, in case you didn't understand when I explained it both times, I'm blaming them for not bothering to look and notice they were sending me one with a poor paint job. They probably have dozens right in the same spot, but they likely just grab one and stuff it in a box. If this isn't Amazon's failing, then why haven't other retails done the same things they have and sent me products that are sub-par? I seriously doubt that all three times I bought from Amazon that I just happened to get unlucky. I think they just don't give a dang.

That is like opening my Shulk amiibo... That would make me consider that I'm feeling it was a mistake later on to open it. It is not actually open... Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too rare...

See what I did there? lol I'm feeling it... was a mistake to open it would be my thoughts if I did open it.

that really makes you seem like you're bragging ;p

that really makes you seem like you're bragging ;p
I would never do that, honest.

I'm not really feeling it to brag.

EDIT: There is nothing really to brag about... They are just little 3 or so inch plastic figures. ;)

Last edited:

Luigi and Peach aren't Shulk. They work in way more games and every store has at least 5 of each. If you're that worried, buy seconds and open those.

Surely no one is jealous of a 3 or so inch plastic figure?

The bold was just highlighting my happiness, is all. honest.

Surely no one would be jealous of your 480,000 tbt bells but you bring that up at every opportunity so..

I would never do that, honest.

I'm not really feeling it to brag.

EDIT: There is nothing really to brag about... They are just little 3 or so inch plastic figures. ;)
You are literally always bragging though, lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Surely no one would be jealous of your 480,000 tbt bells but you bring that up at every opportunity so..
You're just mad because you only have 479,000

Last edited:
Ohhh, nice! How'd you manage to snag Rosalina and Luma? I've been looking for that one for ages, but scalpers are just not an option for me. Did you have her imported?

Yeah exactly, how did you get Rosalina so easily? I do have her too but i just am wondering how you got it because she is quite rare...

It wasn't easy that's for sure! I really just got super lucky. Since I live in Canada she wasn't exclusive to Target as they are shutting down here, but that didn't make her any easier to get. Unlike the USA we never got an official release date for her, and we only got notice that a certain chain of stores had gotten her the day of and she would sell out within minutes. So after that went through with every store all that was left was for me to stalk Walmart, which I did a lot of. Again she was super delayed and for some reason unlike that other stores each Walmart seemed to get their wave 3 shipment (including Rosa) on totally different dates!

And simply put one day I went to a Walmart out of town (I only have a small one in town as I live in a small town) and I hit the jackpot they had loads of all wave 3's! Even the rare ones. But, I had lost hope of finding a Rosa until I nearly walked past her for a second time in a row before spotting her on the bottom shelf BESIDE the spot where all the other Amiibos were! So I got super lucky. I'm glad it was with Rosalina though as she is the number one Amiibo I wanted. I just wish I bought the second one that was on the shelf too as I could have used it to trade for a Villager as I never really got into Amiibo until Wave 2 was already out so Villager was already long gone by then. Hopefully I can find one on the possible "second round" I've been hearing about. But yes I agree scalpers aren't an option for me either I'm willing to pay about $20-$25 (more like $30 or so once converted into Canadian dollars) for any Amiibo at MOST! This $50, $80, $100+ stuff is ridiculous!

Last edited:
Back