amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
I heard a rumor that Target will be having a sale on their amiibo starting Sunday... 25% off each one. I want to buy one, but I don't want to pay the extra money for shipping...

Anyhow, hopefully it's true!

Makin some trades on a FB group.

Will be acquiring a buttload of amiibo soon.

TcjK2DA.png

Last edited:
I don't have FB, but what kind of trades do you make for Amiibo? I'm very curious.

I'm working on some trades involve some Gamecube games and N64 games that I don't touch anymore for some amiibo!
I'm also trading away a GBA SP since I have two hehe.
These amiibo will be the death of me.

But it's a cool trade/sell group.
I'm nearly doubling my amiibo count thanks to it.
Right now, people are trading up amiibo for the MM3DS it's crazy haha.
I recommend making a FB and checking it out if you have some stuff you wanna trade for amiibo!

I've been reading up on some NA wave 4 info and some sites are saying GameStop might not even have pre-orders because they're getting frustrated with Nintendo and all their amiibo drama. That came from a claimed GameStop manager so I don't really know how trust worthy that info is.

If they really cancel having pre-orders and don't ever give release dates for wave 4 I might lose my mind.

Last edited:
I've been reading up on some NA wave 4 info and some sites are saying GameStop might not even have pre-orders because they're getting frustrated with Nintendo and all their amiibo drama. That came from a claimed GameStop manager so I don't really know how trust worthy that info is.

If they really cancel having pre-orders and don't ever give release dates for wave 4 I might lose my mind.

Then other GS managers said preorders would be open, so I'd say just ignore it for now and wait for... anything really.

Gamestop isn't going to stop selling them. They're too popular. Though.. I did have to go to Walmart and SuperStore to get my Link and Rosalina amiibos. Snagged the last Mega Man EB Games had where I am. Now I just need to get Bowser[been too lazy/cheap to get him thus far] and Ganondorf. I need Ganondorf. Should get Zelda and Shiek too actually.. I'm such a huge Zelda nerd >.>

(Might, possibly, have both a Master Sword, and a Hylian Shield in my room).

Gamestop isn't going to stop selling them. They're too popular. Though.. I did have to go to Walmart and SuperStore to get my Link and Rosalina amiibos. Snagged the last Mega Man EB Games had where I am. Now I just need to get Bowser[been too lazy/cheap to get him thus far] and Ganondorf. I need Ganondorf. Should get Zelda and Shiek too actually.. I'm such a huge Zelda nerd >.>

(Might, possibly, have both a Master Sword, and a Hylian Shield in my room).

I know they won't stop selling them, what I read was talking about canceling pre-orders and not having release dates. Basically you wouldn't know when they got them in unless you were there that day or whatever.

I know they won't stop selling them, what I read was talking about canceling pre-orders and not having release dates. Basically you wouldn't know when they got them in unless you were there that day or whatever.

I thought read that Nintendo tried to stop pre-orders to avoid the shortage problem a bit but i do not know where exactly!

#tbt to when amiibo were first announced and everyone thought they'd come with those plastic display stands shown at e3 lol

Target has a deal right now with 25% off amiibos (and if you spend $25 or more you get free shipping). I am trying to decide if I should get some amiibos (don't have any yet), and if I do, I would probably get 3 to offset shipping. I have narrowed my list down to 6:

Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Bowser
Pikachu
Toon Link

Any suggestions? I am leaning away from Sheik because I think she looks odd, but I often main her. I also main Pikachu.

Any tips? I don't have a system that can recognize amiibo yet, but I will pick up the adaptor for 3DS XL whenever it is finally available.

Target has a deal right now with 25% off amiibos (and if you spend $25 or more you get free shipping). I am trying to decide if I should get some amiibos (don't have any yet), and if I do, I would probably get 3 to offset shipping. I have narrowed my list down to 6:

Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Bowser
Pikachu
Toon Link

Any suggestions? I am leaning away from Sheik because I think she looks odd, but I often main her. I also main Pikachu.

Any tips? I don't have a system that can recognize amiibo yet, but I will pick up the adaptor for 3DS XL whenever it is finally available.

I can't help you out much, but of those I have Peach and Pikachu. Peach's fancy Smash dress is really pretty, but if you prefer her normal appearance I'd pass on her, though I personally love it! I also have Pikachu and his Amiibo is very simple compared to Peach, but he's super cute! A must have for any Pokemon fan! Good luck on deciding which 3 to get! ^.^

I don't know if anyone else has ever suggested this idea, but if they have, all credit to them, but I was thinking about if it would be a good idea for Nintendo to offer a service if they ever do Mii amiibo where you can send off a picture of your Mii and have it come back as an amiibo... What do people think?

I don't know if anyone else has ever suggested this idea, but if they have, all credit to them, but I was thinking about if it would be a good idea for Nintendo to offer a service if they ever do Mii amiibo where you can send off a picture of your Mii and have it come back as an amiibo... What do people think?

Not to be mean, but think of how much it would cost to be able to produce thousands of types of amiibo. Though a nice concept, it would be unrealistic.

The better idea would be to just have a few pre-set basic miis, idk maybe like a female tall, medium and short one. Vice versa for the males, and also having a totally blank face (and maybe some stickers or some sht which u can use to customise ur mii amiibo)

Last edited:
Not to be mean, but think of how much it would cost to be able to produce thousands of types of amiibo. Though a nice concept, it would be unrealistic.

The better idea would be to just have a few pre-set basic miis, idk maybe like a female tall, medium and short one. Vice versa for the males.
True, true, They could always price the service accordingly, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more than ?10.99 to have a personal amiibo.

Back