amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
What was that like? I don't live in the United States of America.

I assume it was a complete nightmare, am I right?

I don't know about Jigglypuff, but Rosalina sold out in EXACTLY 4.2 seconds. Jigglypuff was probably the same since they're both Target exclusives.

I can't quite remember the exact timeframe, but on top of being a stupidly short window (which was probably made even worse by heavy traffic, so good luck even doing anything!), iirc there was also the case of being put up when most of America was asleep

****, the entire wave 4 initial preorders were a glorious disaster in every possible way. I'm looking back on it, and its just amazing how much every possible thing that COULD go wrong, basically DID go wrong

can't wait for wave 5

I had a part of my dream today about finding the Villager amiibo just standing there in a certain store, and there was no other amiibos besides the Villager amiibo. So yes, I need one. And I may be on the lookout for one during the weekends.

I don't know about Jigglypuff, but Rosalina sold out in EXACTLY 4.2 seconds. Jigglypuff was probably the same since they're both Target exclusives.
That's the thing with Target PuffleKirby21. You have to Aim for a really early preorder.

*waits for someone to see the obvious puns*

That's the thing with Target PuffleKirby21. You have to Aim for a really early preorder.

*waits for someone to see the obvious puns*

I'm sickened that you're joking about our problem.

Lately I've just been getting all of my amiibos from Japan, they have enough to send to other countries anyways.

I had a part of my dream today about finding the Villager amiibo just standing there in a certain store, and there was no other amiibos besides the Villager amiibo. So yes, I need one. And I may be on the lookout for one during the weekends.

I'm already living the dream

1417849804855.jpg

also, puns only work if you don't make a point about them

I wish I could find an American Villager Amiibo on Amazon but that is like impossible, I did see a European one though

Lately I've just been getting all of my amiibos from Japan, they have enough to send to other countries anyways.

Do Japanese Amiibo work the same in any region? I'm guessing they may show up with Japanese text when they're first scanned and obviously have Japanese boxes, but are they fine other than that?

Though I don't think I'll even need to buy from Japan. The rarest one I still want is Diddy Kong (yea, I'm taking my sweet time buying Amiibo) and he seems to be really common.

Do Japanese Amiibo work the same in any region? I'm guessing they may show up with Japanese text when they're first scanned and obviously have Japanese boxes, but are they fine other than that?

Though I don't think I'll even need to buy from Japan. The rarest one I still want is Diddy Kong (yea, I'm taking my sweet time buying Amiibo) and he seems to be really common.

Nope, it reads as Villager and not Murabito on the first scan.

Yeah, amiibo are region free and function exactly like if they were bought in your home region.

Last edited:
Did you see my post? :(

Which one...? I'm confused. :confused:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just realized that all of the amiibos I've imported from Japan have different names there than in English. (Dedede instead of King Dedede, Murabito instead of Villager, whatever Toad's Japanese name is instead of Toad)

I can't wait for the obvious next step for amiibo; after figures, plushies, and cards.

"Remember Captain N? He's back. In pog form."

Last edited:
Back