• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters

n64king

mr monkey
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Candy
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
ど
I'm surprised how fast they seem to have sold in some spots after all the mixed talk about them. I've not even seen Marth or Villager and only today did I see Wii Fit Trainer! Samus & Pikachu also starting to become lesser seen around these parts aha I picked up Mario, Link, Yoshi, Wii Fit Trainer and was gifted Kirby! :D

Looking forward to any of the future ones? Shulk....

Yoshi is awesome! :D Just saying. But I haven't gotten any of them yet as I still haven't gotten myself a wii u XD

i dont have any yet. i was gonna get pikachu or villager but i didn't see the point in paying for a figure that is basically just a harder version of a CPU character anyway.

The only one I'll get will probs be Jigglypuff whenever they get around to releasing it

I got myself the Kirby amiibo. Being a Kirby main myself, it's only natural.

Samus.

I didn't buy it though. A really kind person in line for the midnight release of Smash gave my fiancee and I a free Samus amiibo since he found out that we couldn't afford anything else but the game. He surprised us with it after he finished purchasing his game. Free amiibo, a great game, and hope for humanity in one night. Really cool guy. :)

None yet, but I plan on getting the Link, Peach, and Jigglypuff Amiibo.

I got Link, but would really like Samus. Kinda weird buying an amibo when your 33. I lied it was a present for my cousin. First time I felt like the biggest nerd in the universe for playing videogames and I play Animal Crossing in public, haha.

I mean, I hate merchandise addons for games. I'm to old for that crap.

I got Yoshi and Kirby (since he's my main).
Kirby was really hard to find either because he was really popular in stores or because they didn't get many in stock. Kirby isn't that popular here, so I'm guessing the latter. I ended up finding one as a store was closing and it was the last one they had in stock!

I also bought Samus for my friend as an 'early Christmas present' since he couldn't afford one. He's a massive Zelda fan and originally wanted Link, but I know that he's pretty big on Samus as well, so it's all good :3

I personally find them a tad useless now I've tried them though. It just seems to be a gradually increasing difficulty setting rather than the Amiibo 'learning'. I've gotten Kirby up to level 25 and I'm still easily destroying it every round. It's gotten 'better', but it feels like a default 'level 25' difficulty setting and that every other 'level 25 Kirby' would act the exact same...At least the figure looks nice...

I don't have one yet.

But when I get one I'll probably either choose pikachu or villager.

I got a PIKACHU and two villagers. One for me and one for my friend

I don't regret my buys lol They're doing fine. Besides I've probably spent more on other crap that does less. At least $15 (with tax) per Amiibo does something for me. It unlocks game content across many games and soon both 3DS & WiiU, then when it's done I have a neat statue. There's like absolutely no Wii Fit related collectables as far as I'm concerned so the Wii Fit Trainer amiibo seems like a neat collectable as it is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Besides who knows what the entire future will hold for them and what things they'll allow us to do with them later on. Chances are they'll also be compatible with whatever system succeeds the WiiU & 3DS too.

Besides who knows what the entire future will hold for them and what things they'll allow us to do with them later on. Chances are they'll also be compatible with whatever system succeeds the WiiU & 3DS too.

I hope by that point they've thought of something more interesting to do with them rather than being physical DLC...

-Mario Amiibo
-Fox Amiibo
-Samus Amiibo
-Peach Amiibo
-Pikachu Amiibo
-Kirby Amiibo
-Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo
-Yoshi Amiibo
-Donkey Kong Amiibo
-Marth Amiibo
-Villager Amiibo

I am getting the Link Amiibo from my friend for christmas, he was happy to buy that as I am normally difficult to buy for at this time of year as I have normally got everything worth getting. lol

I hope by that point they've thought of something more interesting to do with them rather than being physical DLC...

Well it's probably just going to be that. What more can you possibly do with it aside from what it already does especially with it's limitations being only able to hold 1 game data at a time. An Amiibo only game to compete with Skylanders seems like the only option but then they'd have to wait long enough for Smash Bros to be milked to death so people don't get mad about losing data and picking only a single game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am getting the Link Amiibo from my friend for christmas, he was happy to buy that as I am normally difficult to buy for at this time of year as I have normally got everything worth getting. lol

I'm also buying my friend a Link Amiibo! It's the only one he really wants at this point but I could see he probably will want Toon Link as well when that's out.

Awesome that you got most of them though! Seriously, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth and Villager = no where to be found here.

Well it's probably just going to be that. What more can you possibly do with it aside from what it already does especially with it's limitations being only able to hold 1 game data at a time. An Amiibo only game to compete with Skylanders seems like the only option but then they'd have to wait long enough for Smash Bros to be milked to death so people don't get mad about losing data and picking only a single game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is what I have been (sort of) thinking since Amiibo was announced.

As far as I know, Nintendo and Disney have some sort of 'deal' going on. I mean, Nintendo did let them use Mario (among other things) in Wreck-It-Ralph with Wreck-it-Ralph 2 'apparently' having more involvement from Nintendo characters, as well as I remember Disney Infinity originally supposed to be having some sort of Nintendo exclusive content included (as well as a few other things if I remember correctly).

They should have made it so that the Amiibo also work in the WiiU version of Disney Infinity. You don't even have to 'register it as a game', you just need to have the DI figure board recognize that the figure is actually placed on the board, so it shouldn't even affect the Amiibo's "one game per Amiibo" thing. I'm certain that DI figures hold no other data other than about what figure it is, so I dunno why this wouldn't work.

It would probably also heavily benefit both parties as well. More people would buy Disney Infinity for use with their Amiibo (maybe even a small boost to WiiU sales from the Amiibo character exclusivity?), more people would buy Amiibo to work with their Disney Infinity.

Nintendo and Disney characters would fit pretty damn well together if they were in the same game. It's really a shame they didn't do this to be honest...I think both Nintendo and Disney missed an opportunity here, unless they're actually already planning this (i doubt they are).

Last edited:
Back