• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Really would like to have seen a none option on the poll. I for one don't plan on buying one of these things.

If you're in the US, then they'll be sold out everywhere. Pit is the new Villager.
Naw, UK, my GAME had em stocked before the US did and since the UK doesn't have as big of a gaming community as the US does...I dunno, they might have the odd few left.

I don't mind if I can't get both at the same time, that's why we have Ebay/Amazon for, right?

Other than buying Pit and Mac, I might get Kirby too because he's "rare" but I wouldn't go buying Marth of Wii Fit Trainer for this reason.

Last edited:
Other than buying Pit and Mac, I might get Kirby too because he's "rare" but I wouldn't go buying Marth of Wii Fit Trainer for this reason.

Kirby is rare? I would have thought he would be one of the more 'common' figures given that he is one of Nintendo's 'main bunch'.

I have none yet, but the one I really want is Villager. Unfortunately, even in my tiny little town in the middle of nowhere, he's sold out. I'm also interested in Yoshi, Pit, Kirby, Zelda, and maybe Peach (out of what's available so far/soon, anyway).

Really, though, I just want a few amiibos for the figures themselves, not the game perks. XD

...If they come out with a Ness one, though, I WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO GET MY HANDS ON IT. Any Mother/EarthBound official merchandise is pretty much limited only to Japan.

Kirby is rare? I would have thought he would be one of the more 'common' figures given that he is one of Nintendo's 'main bunch'.

Kirby is not rare. But I also don't see him at Gamestop, but I see him pretty much at all the other stores.

Well he's been known to be rare in the UK I guess? All the shops my Dad has been in never have Kirby in stock.

Still no wii u unfortunately but might get one as they look cool. Do game stores keep old waves or only sell new waves

a1ip4TG.png

Managed to snag this cutie when he was briefly back in stock on Amazon UK for ?12.99 yesterday. :cool:

I was only planning to buy Zelda (due to arrive tomorrow!) but when I saw Villager going for so cheap I just had to buy him too. Haha. Now to try and resist the craze until Rosalina comes out.

Thanks for updating the poll! :)

ugh ihy @ villager. STILL think it's cute enough to buy. Gonna be so irked when they reveal what it'll give you for AC:WiiU when they announce it all. It'll be something I want I bet.

Well he's been known to be rare in the UK I guess? All the shops my Dad has been in never have Kirby in stock.

I'm in the UK and I found him easily on release day. It was late on release day as well, like, almost before the shops were going to shut so realistically he should have been sold out (only him and Peach were in stock xD)
He's also one of the few I see in stock regularly.

Maybe you live in a rubbish, fun lacking part of the UK?

- - - Post Merge - - -

a1ip4TG.png

Managed to snag this cutie when he was briefly back in stock on Amazon UK for ?12.99 yesterday. :cool:

I was only planning to buy Zelda (due to arrive tomorrow!) but when I saw Villager going for so cheap I just had to buy him too. Haha. Now to try and resist the craze until Rosalina comes out.

I saw that as well. I didn't have any money at the time though, so I had to leave it -.- I mean, even if I only HAD ?12 in my bank, I would have bought it.

Gives me a little hope that they're not discontinuing anything quite yet though since they had them back in stock briefly. They've obviously gotten them from somewhere.

Should be getting Little Mac and Pit later, that's if my Dad manages to pick them up on time and Argos keeps to their word that they're both reserved.

Little Mac was the last in stock and I'm so glad I snagged the last one for a good price instead of having to pay nearly double of it from Ebay :>

Also it seems Marth isn't canceled in EU just yet, GAME had around 20 in stock in-store (as my brother says) but yeah, no Villager and Wii Fit Trainer though.

Last edited:
Toys R Us canceled their Lucario preorders. Check your emails if you ordered through them.

Not just lucario. All preorders have been cancelled from them. They opened up again for a little bit but now some are completely pulled from their stores.

LOL They yanked them totally? Why would they do that. Just sell what's left. Oh, the article only mentioned Lucario but probably because that's the exclusive.

I find this a little awkward here. Nintendo loves their cards still. eReader, AR, now Amiibo cards possibly.

Despite all the chaos with amiibos, I have managed to successfully pre-order all of the following amiibo in these pictures.

Wave One
image_324405_460.jpg

Wave Two
jpg

Wave Three and Wave Four
amiibo_wave3_uk.jpg

Wave Three are the amiibo figurines with the date 23/01/2015.
Wave Four are the amiibo figurines with the date 20/2/2015.

Also it seems Marth isn't canceled in EU just yet, GAME had around 20 in stock in-store (as my brother says) but yeah, no Villager and Wii Fit Trainer though.

Last I looked, they also had Marth and Wii Fit Trainer back in stock on Amazon UK for the usual ?10 retail price.

They had villager as well, but he quickly sold out and had gone up to ?20 'preowned' last I saw (it's probably like, ?50-?70 again now)

I wasn't aware they considered the bottom to be "wave 4", but they're the next awkwards. Aside from Ike (imo anyway)
Something tells me I'm not gonna see any of those in the stores.

I wasn't aware they considered the bottom to be "wave 4", but they're the next awkwards. Aside from Ike (imo anyway)
Something tells me I'm not gonna see any of those in the stores.

They split it up in Europe but all of it is Wave 3 in NA. Comes out in February, but there isn't a day set yet.

Back