Should I get rid of a liked villager to make a hated villager move?

PrayingMantis10

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Horizons Token
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
This is the deal.. I got Elise the monkey from somebody's void. This is my second time with Elise and I dislike her intensely . I have never had any luck getting my 10th villager to move. .. I really like my other villagers but I know if I want Elise to move I need to make one of them move first. Should I just grin and bear Elise or sacrifice a nice villager? I would hate to make a nice villager move , regret it and have to do the 16 villager cycle again. What would you do?

no! don't void a liked villager! just ignore Elise as if she doesn't exist and she'll disappear like that, this happened to me with diva :p

Sacrificing a villager you like would not be worth it and you'll just end up with regrets after. Just be patient and she'll eventually move out. I suppose being friendly with her helps speed up the process too.

no! don't void a liked villager! just ignore Elise as if she doesn't exist and she'll disappear like that, this happened to me with diva :p

She lives right next to Marshal . Everytime I see her I run screaming. I'm so sorry about Diva! I had her too. She is another nasty one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sacrificing a villager you like would not be worth it and you'll just end up with regrets after. Just be patient and she'll eventually move out. I suppose being friendly with her helps speed up the process too.

Sigh..but have you ever had the last villager to move in , ask to move out? I have never been able to make that work

Sigh..but have you ever had the last villager to move in , ask to move out? I have never been able to make that work
Yes it is possible. Happened to me with Chow although he reconsidered. But that can be fixed by simply quitting without saving the moment they reconsider moving and just tt or avoid them until their moving day.

Yes it is possible. Happened to me with Chow although he reconsidered. But that can be fixed by simply quitting without saving the moment they reconsider moving and just tt or avoid them until their moving day.

Really?! That's great. Sigh... I guess I will have to be friendly with her.

don't get rid of a liked villager just talk to her once and ignore her, she will eventually move. Anyways it could of been worse, like getting Marcel the spinach cake dog.

I'm sorry to say this, but I am yet to find definite evidence that the 10th villager can move out before another villager leaves. I have had Whitney about a year now and she has not asked to move once, so just keep in mind that, though it may be possible for her to move eventually, it may take a long time.

Maybe just have a good think about whether there are any other villagers you really want in your town as much or more than at least one of the villagers you have currently. It will be very hard to do a 16 villager cycle if you plan on keeping most of the ones you have so finding a replacement would probably be the most feasible option. Or if you really can't bear to let any go, you will have to just keep Elise around and hope that she leaves one day. I feel really sorry for you, you really are in an awful position right now :(

Sigh.. I have done 16 villager cycles in the past and they take soooo long. I have also gotten villagers for friends not on this forum and spent ( 35 different villager pings ) to get one to move to my friend's town. I have now told 5 liked villagers not to move so I think I need to think about this more.lol

I have personally experienced my 10th villager asking to move in one of my previous towns. It was Diana. I had her for a few days and booted up the game to find her in boxes.

It was tragic and unexpected, so yes, it can happen :/

Last edited:
I have personally experienced my 10th villager asking to move in one of my previous towns. It was Diana. I had her for a few days and booted up the game to find her in boxes.

It was tragic and unexpected, so yes, it can happen :/
I'm sorry about Diana. I can't seem to give my liked villagers the boot so I'm just going to hope that Elise decides to move

It's probably not worth getting rid of a villager you like, honestly. If you decide to go ahead with it, get someone to hold that villager for you instead of voiding them.

Just wait!
I had charlise and I hated her and she was my 10th and I liked the rest so I had to TT alot to get her out!
You dont want to do the 16 villager cycle its annoying and you will HATE it!
Either TT or wait to sacrifice a villager you like for one you dont

I have a question for people here can a villager move out without asking me?

Yes!. They can move out without asking you. the only way to prevent it is to stalk them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just wait!
I had charlise and I hated her and she was my 10th and I liked the rest so I had to TT alot to get her out!
You dont want to do the 16 villager cycle its annoying and you will HATE it!
Either TT or wait to sacrifice a villager you like for one you dont

I've done 16 villager several times already and you are right. It's horrid

Back