• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plot resetting question

kasane

Bells
Red Feather
Green Feather
Blue Feather
White Feather
Pokéball
Yellow Feather
I got Francine from a cycler yesterday and I want her to go to a specific place.
I know it's possibles but it will take along time, but my question is...

What if I'm not able to get her house in the right spot within today? It's already 5:18pm right now as well.
Does that mean if I can't get her house in a good spot I can't continue tomorrow?
I've seen that some members on the forums have plot resetted for 3 days, so how do I do this?

As long as you start the game as a new character each time, no matter how many days pass, you can still plot reset. however, the issue with doing that is there's a villager who has decided to move out, after however many days (5 or less) they will move out. To prevent this, if you're still plot resetting and it's been more than a day, you can time travel with your mayor to 5:58am on the morning that Francine's plot is supposed to show up, wait 2 minutes, and start plot resetting normally :)

You can continue resetting the next day. As long as you don't load your mayor, you're safe :)

To prevent this, if you're still plot resetting and it's been more than a day, you can time travel with your mayor to 5:58am on the morning that Francine's plot is supposed to show up, wait 2 minutes, and start plot resetting normally :)

TT by the 3DS Clock Settings, or in game?

TT by the 3DS Clock Settings, or in game?

In game! You could use the 3ds clock, but if you do you'd set it backwards by one day (since 3ds clock and in game clock aren't synchronized - going forward a day on your 3ds clock will cause your game to go forwards one day), if you're trying to plot reset on the day after you started plot resetting. I prefer using in game clock because you can just write down the correct date and keep setting it back to that day instead of keeping track of how much time has passed.

of course, if you're using in game clock it's crucial to set it to before 6am of the day that Francine is supposed to move in though!! and make sure it's after 6am when you load up a new character.

Last edited:
I'd rather not use the in-game clock, I messed up one time using it because accidentally pressed to start up the game instead of change the time. I was really tired so that was the problem. It's much better in my opinion to do the 3ds clock, but it's all in preference really. I just finished plot resetting Cousteau and used the 3ds clock. It took 2 days for me to place him exactly into the spot next to Elvis.

After getting the plot to show up and everything, just plot reset like normal until whenever you're too frustrated and tired to reset lol. As long as it's not 6:00am yet, you should be fine. When you do want to quit resetting, TT back to any time after 6:00am, so 6:01am and after is fine. I didn't really care about that since I don't like changing the minutes. Whatever minutes it is at the moment I just adjust to that like if it's :00, then I'd do 7:00am instead of 6:00am, just so the game doesn't try and save, plus I'm too lazy to change 3 numbers instead of 1 lol

When I plot reset Cousteau, the first day I TT time Wednesday to make his plot show up, I was basically frozen for a while.
I kept resetting until I think roughly 1:36am (actual time; 11/24) and then I quit, turned back time to 6:36am (in-game time; Wednesday) and went to sleep since I had classes in the morning. I woke up at 6:45am and the game was 11:45pm. I reset a few times before classes. Then came home and kept resetting again, until at around 2:40pm actual time and the in-game time was 7:40pm was when Cousteau finally decided to put his butt in the right spot.

So that's how I did it. If he had not placed his plot in the perfect spot, I would have just continued and then turned back time again to after 6am when it became too late again, so that's basically how I did it :) There might be other ways, but that's how I learned it and that's my fail proof plan and so now my town has all my dreamies in the right place!
Congrats on getting Francine and good luck :D

@snowblizzard24
If you were to TT using the in-game time, could I do so by going on to one of my existing characters, talk to Isabelle on the startup menu, change the time to--let's say--6am, and she says that "it's changed", do I exit out of the game after that?
Or if I exit out, does that mean it didn't change the time? Or if it means that I would've 'logged on to an existing character'? I'm reallllllyyyy paranoid I'm so sorry //cries and hides in an abandoned corner by myself//;-;

As long as you start the game as a new character each time, no matter how many days pass, you can still plot reset. however, the issue with doing that is there's a villager who has decided to move out, after however many days (5 or less) they will move out. To prevent this, if you're still plot resetting and it's been more than a day, you can time travel with your mayor to 5:58am on the morning that Francine's plot is supposed to show up, wait 2 minutes, and start plot resetting normally :)

You dont even really have to do all this. No one will ever try to move out when you're plot-resetting. The game doesnt allow that .-.

Btw srry nig, my dad wanted the iPad >~<

@snowblizzard24
If you were to TT using the in-game time, could I do so by going on to one of my existing characters, talk to Isabelle on the startup menu, change the time to--let's say--6am, and she says that "it's changed", do I exit out of the game after that?
Or if I exit out, does that mean it didn't change the time? Or if it means that I would've 'logged on to an existing character'? I'm reallllllyyyy paranoid I'm so sorry //cries and hides in an abandoned corner by myself//;-;

I haven't done the in-game clock in a while, but yes, you should be able to exit right after that (I just checked). It shouldn't have started as the character in case you accidentally pressed let's begin right after saving the time. I'm paranoid too because I don't often pay attention that much when I do plot reset, just watch a drama marathon when I'm doing it or reading lol
I'm not entirely sure on that method though so maybe another person would be able to help you with the in-game plot reset method. Sorry I can't be 100% certain for you :(

I haven't done the in-game clock in a while, but yes, you should be able to exit right after that (I just checked). It shouldn't have started as the character in case you accidentally pressed let's begin right after saving the time. I'm paranoid too because I don't often pay attention that much when I do plot reset, just watch a drama marathon when I'm doing it or reading lol
I'm not entirely sure on that method though so maybe another person would be able to help you with the in-game plot reset method. Sorry I can't be 100% certain for you :(
Tbh if your in game clock is not in sync with your system clock, it'll be confusing :/ either you focus on your in game clock, or you sync the time to make it easier ><

Actually it IS easier changing the system clock (for me, at least.) I won't have to risk starting the game with an existing character and I can go straight to making a new resident :0

Tbh if your in game clock is not in sync with your system clock, it'll be confusing :/ either you focus on your in game clock, or you sync the time to make it easier ><

Actually it IS easier changing the system clock (for me, at least.) I won't have to risk starting the game with an existing character and I can go straight to making a new resident :0

Yeah, it's always confusing for me too when the in-game and system are out of sync that's kinda the reason why I don't change the minutes, but it's much simpler having everything the same and being absolutely sure that no accidental starts are happening. Then again I do understand why people change the in-game clock, especially if they don't wanna affect games like Tomodachi life or other AC cartridges and stuff, so yeah.

Back