Flys

Can I leave the rotten fruit or the turnips in my house for the ants to come? Or it must be outside?
Wouldn't want to spoil my perfect town status.

Last edited:
I caught a fly by leaving a junk item that you can fish up (tyre, boot, and so on) on the ground. You won't be able to catch one of these with the beautiful town ordinance on however. Hope this helps and good luck getting your fly. :)

I caught a fly by leaving a junk item that you can fish up (tyre, boot, and so on) on the ground. You won't be able to catch one of these with the beautiful town ordinance on however. Hope this helps and good luck getting your fly. :)

So I have to cancel my ordinecnce just to catch a fly?

You can also catch ants with candy, for what it's worth. When you pick up the candy again or catch the ants, they'll be gone and the candy will be like new. I noticed this while transferring candy between characters in my game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can I leave the rotten fruit or the turnips in my house for the ants to come? Or it must be outside?
Wouldn't want to spoil my perfect town status.

I don't think it would spoil your perfect town status. Ants tend to show up relatively quickly if they can (a few hours, at most), and based on what I've read, items on the ground only affect your perfect town status if there's more than a certain number of them or if they're left there overnight because that's when scores are added up. You could always leave the rotten item outside and remove it as soon as you catch the ants on that day.

Candy also works (you can pick it up again and it will be normal) so it might be better for your town rating.

I've never seen ants appear indoors but you can try. It's not like they take weeks to appear, so once you confirm that they won't show up in a few different spots of your house, you don't have to keep wasting time.

You can catch flies off of a rafflesia plant. Just find someone that has the rafflesia in their town and it usually should have some flies buzzing around it.

You can catch flies with honey but you can catch more honeys being fly

omg hahahahahahha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I caught a fly with rotten turnips. Should work for you too I guess.. Just be patient.

Back