• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What the heck!

Dasbreenee

Crystal Gems!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Okay. Lief is a boy?! I thought he was a girl this whole time.

Anyone else think this, and who are some other villagers you've thought were opposite?

I always thought Tangy was a boy. And I see many people think Fang is a girl.

Yeah, I have this problem all the time. Since I cycle I don't always pay attention to gender and then end up getting confused.

Yeah, I have this problem all the time. Since I cycle I don't always pay attention to gender and then end up getting confused.

I mean they really made Lief seem like a girl IMO. With his phrases. Unless they were trying to make him sound like Bob Ross. XD

Hmmm, can't remember if I ever did that. I do judge them by their appearances and sometimes get their personalities wrong haha

I also thought at first that Lief was a girl because he was so cheery and that Tangy was a guy because she doesn't really look like a girl to me.

Really?

I thought that Lief was a dude, mostly because of the voice really....

Yes, I've been playing this game too much to notice the differences in Animal's voices.

I mean they really made Lief seem like a girl IMO. With his phrases. Unless they were trying to make him sound like Bob Ross. XD

tumblr_inline_mot336HHMK1qz4rgp.jpg

No I always thought Leif was a boy
he speaks like one, and acts like one
I think it's because you associate flowers, gardening and jolliness with girls or something?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I think people confuse Fang with the other grey wolf Whitney :)

I thought Tommy and Timmy were boys

No I always thought Leif was a boy
he speaks like one, and acts like one
I think it's because you associate flowers, gardening and jolliness with girls or something?

im glad that nintendo r such a progressive company and have moved away from societal enforced gender stereotypes

I never thought Leif was a girl. He's just a soft-spoken guy. He kind of reminds me of Flower from Bambi. :3 The only time I was confused about a villagers' gender was when the uchis were referred to as "he" by other villagers. Also I found out recently that both Sahara and Gracie were boys in the Japanese versions of the game. I wonder why their genders were switched though.

Last edited:
I'd never met Twiggy before this year, only ever seen pics of her, and assumed very wrongly that she was male. Then I met her in a dream town and realised my mistake. I love her design and think she's one awesome chick! ^_^

You were surprised? He hasn't got a feminine voice or any feminine features...

I still can't get over Saharah and Gracie being males in the JP version of AC.
It just doesn't seem right...

I never thought that Lief was a girl... there are guys who are gardeners and who are just really cheery. I didn't know that Saharah and Gracie were originally guys.

I think it's neat, it doesn't bother me either way. Just like how it's neat that not all villagers look obviously like one gender or the other.

I never had any trouble with Lief...

But in my cycling town, I thought that Twiggy, Tangy, and Agent S were boys...until I looked them up to put a description on them when they went into boxes. >.>
Oops.

Last edited:
I always knew Leif was male. He's also the only one with moving fingers...

Leif often uses the word happy as an adjective for certain objects. In particular this can be seen when talking about his wares where he says "happy [item name]". This may be a reference to the late painter Bob Ross.

My favorite: "Oh that? That's a happy axe!~"

well leif looks and sounds like a boy...
pave one the other hand... XD

Last edited:
Back