Chief is thinking?

jakeypride

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Cosmos
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
My villager, Chief is walking around thinking. He has the weird "..." Above his head. What's going on? He's not going to move? Is he?! :(

If it isn't temporary, you talked to him too much.

If it's just for a moment, he shook a tree and nothing happened to him so he's upset and thinking about his failure.

If it's not temporary, he may have had a conversation with someone else that made him think.

Last edited:
I've had an uchi do it after one conversation, but it's rare. She said she was thinking about being a fortune teller, and she immediately went into thinking mode. Any further attempts at conversation made her say, "Sorry, I have to think things over right now."

They can also get sad (with those purple swirls around their heads) or start singing after talking to each other, even when you don't overhear the conversation.

Same thing happened with my Uchi neighbour, Agnes, the other day. At first I was freaked out, but then I realized it had to do with something she just said.

hmm my villagers are always like this when they shake trees

That happens sometimes, It has happened 5 times within a 4 month period for me

I think this is more rare though, I've never seen it.

This happens to me a lot... do your villagers live very far from each other? I've noticed that this happens more among villagers who live near each other, same as contagious catchphrases and shirts. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

My villagers get along all the time.

Try not to have conflicting personalities in your town

Or make sure they dont live close to someone they conflict with :)

You'll always have conflicting personalities unless you have a limited number of them, though. Personally, I wouldn't limit the number of personalities I have just so that my villagers will get along all the time (plus, it's fun when you see them stop next to each other and then walk away with some kind of reaction). There's only 8 personalities and their dialogue is very repetitive, so it would be very boring to me to have 9 or 10 villagers of only 4 or so personalities.

It's probably random when it happens. Some people also report that thing where they overhear villager conversations more than others.

I remember in my old town, I talked to Tucker until that happened and I was like "oh god, what have i done" but it went away. I've never seen a villager 'think' after a conversation with another villager though.

Back