• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon ORAS help thread

lazuli

Bells
Switch
5965-6963-6093
Jack
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
idk I THOUGHT ITD BE NICE TO HELP PEOPLE.

questions like 'where do i get HM fly?', 'why isn't the search level for [x pokemon] going up?', and 'how do i get lugia/ho-oh?' should go here. questions like 'why doesnt my father love me', however, do not.

so yeah. post any questions you may have for the game and PEOPLE WILL HELP YOU.

where can I find vulpix?? they used to be found at mt. pyre but not anymore..?

vulpix can be found at mt. pyre. i encountered one yesterday in the grass at the top there. just keep looking.

A lot has happened since 2003...

Fox-Cull.jpg

what should i do post-game(post-delta as well)

hmm, depends. you can train pokemon to battle competitively, challenge the e4 + steven again (you can after a period of time has passed), go breeding (theres a grand total of 3 daycares, unsure if theyre all 'connected'), complete the pokedex (Hoenn and/or national), go shiny hunting (people say the dexnav is good for this), explore underwater, try to catch all the legendaries in your version(s) ..........
theres lots of different things to do if you think hard enough.

So I'm still confused even if I read about it but how do you find Shinies/Shiny Pokemon with your DexNav? Like do just use it regularly like you do with finding all the Pokemon in the area or is there specific requirements in order to do so because I'm like still lost with that. And I'm still adjusting to using the DexNav. Yeah, it'd be really appreciated if somebody can answer this for me because I keep hearing people talk about using the DexNav and getting shinies or something unless I'm mistaken but yeah. Any suggestions/help, please?

So I'm still confused even if I read about it but how do you find Shinies/Shiny Pokemon with your DexNav? Like do just use it regularly like you do with finding all the Pokemon in the area or is there specific requirements in order to do so because I'm like still lost with that. And I'm still adjusting to using the DexNav. Yeah, it'd be really appreciated if somebody can answer this for me because I keep hearing people talk about using the DexNav and getting shinies or something unless I'm mistaken but yeah. Any suggestions/help, please?

lots of people report getting shinies with dexnav but it is NOT guaranteed to help you find shinies. you know what chaining is, right? chain fishing if staying in one spot and catching the same pokemon species and either killing them or catching them and non-fishing chaining is used with a pokeradar (which was in XY). pokeradar isnt available in ORAS (i least i dont think so).
i suppose the 'chaining' people do with dexnav is what helps them find shinies. you use search function on a pokemon, say zorua (which is route 101 after you upgrade your dex), and you keep killing/catching them one after another. this is 'chaining' in a sense i suppose.
so just keep using it and hope for the best.

Do I still need to have Wailord & Relicanth when facing the Regis? The reason I ask is because I waited 2 minutes inside the Island Cave and the door didn't open. The only reason why I could imagine why it didn't work is because I put Wailord and Relicanth back in the PC and replaced them with Regirock and Registeel.

hmm, depends. you can train pokemon to battle competitively, challenge the e4 + steven again (you can after a period of time has passed), go breeding (theres a grand total of 3 daycares, unsure if theyre all 'connected'), complete the pokedex (Hoenn and/or national), go shiny hunting (people say the dexnav is good for this), explore underwater, try to catch all the legendaries in your version(s) ..........
theres lots of different things to do if you think hard enough.

Where is the 3rd daycare? I only know of the one by Mauville and the one at the battle resort

Do I still need to have Wailord & Relicanth when facing the Regis? The reason I ask is because I waited 2 minutes inside the Island Cave and the door didn't open. The only reason why I could imagine why it didn't work is because I put Wailord and Relicanth back in the PC and replaced them with Regirock and Registeel.
idk but i would try again with them in your party

Where is the 3rd daycare? I only know of the one by Mauville and the one at the battle resort
typo i guess. there's only 2

I saw somewhere that you do. I won't try and get them for a while though, so I can't confirm.
But I can confirm that Magneton evolves into Magnezone at New Mauville.

yes, you still need them. just like the old games. remember to have pokemon that know dive and dig with you.

oops, yes, its just those two.

Back