• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

need help pricing my art + maybe critiques

plantlet

out of this world
Bells
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
hi! i'm mastodon and i really have no idea how to price my art in TBT and a vague one for in-game bells. I really want to open an art shop sometime this week! I have differing styles so they'll be in under different categories!

CIPkpR2.png

my icon!! B)
CrfVNFm.png
SXIpZoL.png
jZ75QTq.png

commission of buuunii!

please list down how much they would be in both TBT and ig bells! also critiques would be cool!! you can check more of my art in my art blog (it's in my sig!)​

I've seen your art blog before! It's awesome and I love robots
BRB Gonna edit this with a critique :)

Edit:

Would I buy: EFF YEAH!! (I've been lurking your art blog)

Pricing Thoughts:
I would definitely buy your art, but I'm am not great with pricing D: I suck at it however, your art is awesome so don't undercut yourself :) I've listed some ranges in tbt here MY RATE for tbt to ig bells is 3-5M per 100 TBT
The highest rate I've seen is 15M per 100 TBT (which is crazy but you can go by that if you want!)

I recommend TBT currency because it is more valuable than ig bells and there are shady users on here and I don't know where they got their items or bells from :eek:
TBT Collectibles are cool too but their value changes quite often - sometimes devalue over time as well
You can do real money commissions but they cannot be taken care of on here -- it MUST be offsite! :)

Simple Icon (Based on this thread example): 25-50 TBT
Detailed | Complex (Based on this thread example): 100-300 TBT
Full Body (Based on this thread example): 50-200 TBT

Detailed Icon (Based on your goatlings icon art): 100-200 TBT
Full Body (Based on your skull full body art): 100-300 TBT

Bugladies Commission: 200-500 TBT

Critique:
Coloring: I like the bright color palette and the choice of colors however, some people might be turned off by that style so you should offer different coloring styles such as Bright, Natural, Pastel, Monochrome, Palette Challenges etc. I think on the Full-Body example it looks washed out - which was probably intended for a pastel feel? Maybe color the lines a tad darker - they look a little blue. I definitely love the way you color though!

Anatomy: Awesome. Nothing really to say here, but I just love the style. Though I could say in the Full-Body example maybe try to do some "finishing touches" on the fingers and feet - they look a little odd in the way they are flexing.

Perspective: Not much to say - (sorry for butchering the Full-Body example): I feel as if I'm looking up from the ground at the person (as if I was laying on the ground in front of her feet). If that was intended then great! If not, then I would suggest looking at the image as a large thumbnail to see what the art looks like as a whole then adjust the proportions to convey your art subject from the position you want.

Composition ? Is this the right name ? Concept ? Style ? lol: I love the art style you draw! It reminds me of some comic books and it flows very nicely especially the Bugladies Commission, the skeletons, and the robots from your art blog. *High Five* I'm not sure how many people would be interested in that style, I definitely see people buying chibis like crazy but I can see that you are able to do cutesy stuff!

Good luck with your art!! It's so amazing - I'll look out for an art shop if you open one :)

If there are any grammar or spelling errors I apologize :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry for the uber long post here's a tl;dr:

You're art is awesome, I would buy within the range of 50 (icon) to 500 (bugladies comm) TBT :eek:

My TBT to IG bells rate: 3M to 5M per 100 TBT (TBT is more valuable than IG bells and Collectibles)

Sorry for the uber long post here's a tl;dr:

You're art is awesome, I would buy within the range of 50 (icon) to 500 (bugladies comm) TBT :eek:

My TBT to IG bells rate: 3M to 5M per 100 TBT (TBT is more valuable than IG bells and Collectibles)

Thank you so much for this!! This is really specific and super helpful!
I'm more interested in ig bells because I need it more (pvps and home expanding) than TBT which I only use for buying my dreamies!
Conversion rates are super weird, I'm basing it off so far on how much people sell for tier 1 villagers :eek:

For now, I'll only sell my art with the styles I showed above since other styles, like in the bugladies commission, is actually available for commission in my commissions list!

I'm going to reply in the different sections of your critique it's really good!!

• Thanks!! I fully understand that not everyone likes awfully bright palettes like me, so I will be offering different color palettes! And it's totally intended I used blue because I hate using completely black and white because they look bland to me and boring to use. Though I'm not sure about the shade of blue looking at it now
  • I always think there's somewhere to improve, thank you!
  • This is also completely intended thank you so much for noticing!!!!
  • i don't have much to say to this besides thank you and heck yeah robots!! B)

I've missed how many times I've said thank you?? but thank you so much again!!

Ahh! Okay I see now :) you can always sell for TBT and convert it to IG bells because you might be able to get a lot of IG bells from users in the marketplace :)

Thank you for linking your $$$ commission, I'll definitely order from you in the future :D

*I like to critique haha I'm glad it was helpful :3 *

Your art style is really really nice! When will you open your art shop? Because I'd definitely order! (I can only afford to pay with in-game bells though eheh...)

I really adore the style of the second examples c: I'd looove some art with that style. I pretty much agree with Nikitas pricing and critiques. The perspective on the fullbody is kind of weird and personally don't like the color scheme but I'm pretty sure that was requested by buunii. Your colorfull stuff is really great though c:

Will stalk blog :eek:

Last edited:
Your art style is really really nice! When will you open your art shop? Because I'd definitely order! (I can only afford to pay with in-game bells though eheh...)

I'll open around Thursday or Friday, possibly!

I'm still considering whether to accept payment in tbt or in-game bells or both! unlikely both because the conversion would be ridiculous. :S

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really adore the style of the second examples c: I'd looove some art with that style. I pretty much agree with Nikitas pricing and critiques. The perspective on the fullbody is kind of weird and personally don't like the color scheme but I'm pretty sure that was requested by buunii. Your colorfull stuff is really great though c:

Will stalk blog :eek:

Thanks! It's always great to hear compliments about my bright palettes because I enjoy using them the most!!

Back