• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Do you use your Masterball?

DoctorGallifrey

The Raggedy Man
Bells
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Whenever you go against your first Legendary Pokemon, do you tend to use your Masterball on it?

Back before the HG/SS remakes I would always resort to using my Masterball on my first Legendary that I encounter, because I'd never thought of the idea of there being multiple Legendaries in the game (ignorant I know). However ever since HG/SS I have always saved my Masterball for the last available legendary in the game and always tried to catch any preceding Legendary in either a Pokeball/Premier Ball, Great Ball, or Ultra Ball (with Ultra Ball being the most successful)

I use mine on a legendary that isn't the mascot of that game. So, for an example, Giratina in Pearl, but I wouldn't use it in Platinum, as you find it in the story anyway.

I've only ever once used a Master Ball... it was in Gold and freaking Ho Oh wouldn't get into a Ultra Ball. I think I used over 20 on it, I can't remember now. It was years ago.

Now, I keep them around just in case. You never know when you might need it.

Last edited:
No, I only use normal Pokeballs.

I might use it on deoxys but thats it.

I save before I start fighting a legendary (natch), and always try to use other balls first. But if the poke is being a little b**** then I give up after a while and just use the master ball because I'm lazy as. But tbh I haven't had a problem catching any of the legendaries in XY, I caught them all in ultra or timer balls.

I usually have used timer balls for legendaries, they get pretty effective if you stall the battle out/have used 30+ other pokeballs on the stupid things. There's only been one time when a timer ball didn't work for me, I think it was Dialga in Diamond? Can't remember.

I remember my very first play of any pokemon game when I was a kid. Wasted the master ball on a non-legendary because I didn't know there was only one in the game. Oh to be young and naive.

The only time I used a Master Ball was when I was playing Diamond... I don't even remember what Pokemon I caught with it?? @~@

I used my first one on Zapdos all the way back in my first play of Yellow but since then I haven't used a single one. I don't know why, I just like to keep it around in case I ever find a shiny and run out of balls or it's a pokemon that can teleport/flee (eg abra).

I remember watching this Youtube video where this guy had used his masterball and one of his friends apparently told him that it was a mistake because what if he finds a shiny abra. Then he actually found a shiny abra not long after.

I use it on the Roaming Legendary because I'm not ****ing chasing the lil **** around an entire region

lmao kyogre was being DIFFICULT so i used it. i aint even mad.
XY i used it on yveltal because it was my first "real" pokemon game and i didnt know any better.

The only Pokemon I ever use the master ball with is Mewtwo and since i don't think he is catchable in ORAS I think i'll use it on Deoxys.

I haven't used a Masterball since I caught Mewtwo in Pokemon Blue. I know my brother would laugh at me if I did. XD

Back