• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is Amiibo?

This video from Nintendo will explain everything you need to know:

Last edited:
Nintendo realizing their fanbase is a bunch of nerds and becoming an enabler.

I wish there was a "like" button!!

I got the Villager Amiibo....She KICKS ASS in SSB!! :)

Nintendo realizing their fanbase is a bunch of nerds and becoming an enabler.

jBGoeko.jpg

It's just a neat little add-on for Smash primarily. They unlock things in Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and I think Captain Toad but they don't do much other than that. So basically if you're interested in them, just get the figures of the characters you're interested in.

Am I the only one around here who is not amused about amiibos?

Yep. I need these figures now.

No...I really don't see the big fuss about them.

They seem rather useless overall, and I've seen better looking 'display' figures for the same price.

I am going to really enjoy placing the first 12 Amiibo on my Nintendo Wii U Gamepad for Mario Kart 8 when I get all of them from my friends and relatives as gifts for christmas day. I will even (if things go the way I have planned) have a further 6 Amiibo by the same day too which will surely let me acquire more unlockable content in the select Nintendo Wii U games. :)

I should have 18 Amiibo by the end of 2014. :D

yeah. I like Skylanders cuz it's pretty similar to Sypro, but I can't get behind buying the damn figurines. if I'm buying the $40 game I am not gonna spend extra $$$ buying figurines in order to play that game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not buying a Wii U anyway though so I shouldn't be complaining

I'm getting some for Christmas too.
The saleperson said they'll work on the 3DS. You buy an adapter.
Zelda is going to be released soon.
Yoshi can be used in the Woolly World Game.

yeah. I like Skylanders cuz it's pretty similar to Sypro, but I can't get behind buying the damn figurines. if I'm buying the $40 game I am not gonna spend extra $$$ buying figurines in order to play that game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not buying a Wii U anyway though so I shouldn't be complaining

they work on the normal 3ds and 3ds xl if you buy the adapter and work fine with the new 3ds

Skylanders...Is Spyro...Isn't it?

I get what you're saying though. I was originally against all that stuff until I bought Disney Infinity (since they released Stitch...And Stitch is my only weakness).
I'm not that bothered about the extra figures though. DI already has quite a lot for you to do anyway and the figures so far have only seemed to give me even more to do. Especially if you shop around because I've been getting the figures for around 1/4 the price they are in stores.

Nope. Only ones I'm even considering are Pikachu, Link, Lucina, Robin and Zero Suit Samus since they're my favorite characters.

So you are amused by Amiibo which is the opposite of what the post said you responded to.

Back