• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Kind of Game Do You Prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Storyline games

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Casual games

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
I like a mixture of both. Storylines are pretty important to me, but I also like having random things to do when I feel like it.

Same.

How about my favorite is... games that never end, with strong stories. Like Morrowind.

Morrowind is amazing! I never really got into any later Elder Scrolls games for some reason though.

As for the poll, I generally prefer 'casual games', as long as I have the opportunity to be creative or make up my own story lines. Story games have to be really engaging to keep my interest. Also, every single one of my favourite games are ones that you can keep playing indefinitely, even after beating the main story (if there is one) :)

Both are fun in my opinion, but I voted casual :)

multiplayer games, bcuz i like making people salty.

Probably more on the casual side.
Not that I dislike games with good stories, but I prefer fun gameplay over infinite cutscenes.

I like casual games. I'm not into story-type of games. I don't really care unless it's super good story.

Story driven games are usually a must for me (except Nintendo games. <3 SSB WiiU).

....I thought that story-driven games were typically considered casual games. D:

I rank practically all JRPGs to be casual, and those are heavy on the story.
Shooters aren't typically considered casual, but they also rarely have any story depth beyond "This is why you're going from Point A to Point B." I mean, sure, some aren't. Spec Ops: The Line is story-driven yet it's still far from cas'.
And all those pretentious art games walking simulators to release lately are both super cas' and story-driven.

This is way too broad and confusing, so allow me to be even less specific: "I like most things that are not sports games, but my mood decides the genre."

And I know the OP is looking for linear vs. non-linear, but just saying that would have made more sense. In that, I prefer sandbox games with a decent enough story to keep me motivated, but not on a 'set' path, like the Fallouts. So I guess my choice is "neither?"

Back