Smash Bros Controller of choice?

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So, I picked Smash up at midnight last night, but every gamestop in the area seems to be out of the gamecube controller adapter things.

I'm gonna' search around a bit today, but in the meantime, I've actually found that I don't mind using the Pro controller at all. It doesn't seem all that different from the gamecube one, I picked up the controls and handling pretty much right away.

What do you guys use for Smash?

Also, you should add me and stuff or however that works so that we can fight and all that jazz.

Gamecube.

I grew up with that controller, and it stays with me throughout my life...

Except my dad didn't get the adaptor for it...uuuuuugggghhh....

So, I picked Smash up at midnight last night, but every gamestop in the area seems to be out of the gamecube controller adapter things.

Yup, Trundle and I just went on the hunt and came back with no adapter.

I prefer the Gamecube but until I find an adapter I'll be using the 3DS.

I definitely prefer the Gamecube controller over pretty much everything n.n

It seems I'll be using the WiiU Pro and at times the GamePad (since they're essentially the same) but eventually we're gonna alternate to the GameCube cause that's just too irresistible.

I'll def be using the gamecube controller, and after hearing about how many places are sold out over in the US, I'm glad I have it pre-ordered!

Undoubtedly, a wired GameCube Controller will be perfect for me considering the type of the gameplay, due of how the buttons are properly placed and the comfort of holding it. Also, there will be zero lag input and won't be subjected to potential input skips from other wireless devices interfering the other types of controller. Though, I'd like being able to use it outside of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

If I can't get any working GameCube Controller, then Wii U GamePad isn't a bad controller due on how the button layout is almost similar to the 3DS XL model albeit with a few more buttons.

I bought the wii u pro controller especially for this game which isn't even out yet for Europe :I so I'll be using that, as I don't want to 'damage' the wii u gampad from all the button mashing

Normally it would be the GameCube controller, but they sold out where I got my copy of smash last night, So I guess I would use my Wii U pro controller, but the left stick broke, so I just have to plug in the classic controller pro into my remote now :p

The Pro controller feels really nice for me, and if something happens to it, I can still use the Classic controller Pro that I used for Brawl.

Gamecube controller, but, I like the N64 controller a lot tbh

Gamecube controllers are cool and simple but It's hard to find some.

I've only used the Gamecube controller so far and I imagine it'll stay that way for a bit unless I end up liking the Gamepad controls. :)

I've only used the Gamecube controller so far and I imagine it'll stay that way for a bit unless I end up liking the Gamepad controls. :)

The gamepad controls are utter crap. Trust me.

Anyways, I have to use a wii remote + nunchuck because I don't have money to buy any other controller right now.

I only ever used the Gamecube controller on Brawl because it was the only decent option available on the Wii.

I actually really like the controls on 3DS so far. I'm not 'rough' with controllers, so I don't have any issues with the circle pad or anything.

On WiiU (when it eventually releases here on Friday) I'm likely going to go with the WiiU gamepad. It's pretty similar to the 3DS controls, plus I don't own a pro controller (since multiple controllers is useless to me as I don't have friends around). This also means I won't get problems such as moves occasionally not registering due to mixed wireless signals since I'm l likely the only person on the neighborhood playing on a WiiU.

When it comes to anything that's real 'competitive', I'll likely use the 3DS though (since as far as I'm aware, that's an option on WiiU). It shouldn't suffer from input lag or mixed signals since the buttons are actually on the console.

Back