Obama's Immigrant Plan

Couldn't I argue that you're being a little narrow-minded yourself when you talk to the opposing debaters?

I'm not being narrow-minded. I'm only trying to give the POV of a person who was an immigrant herself, along with her family. Something that most people wouldn't know of.

y'all need to stop treating this like it's black and white.

yeah there's a huge issue with illegal immigrants, but going at it this way is a joke.

People are always going to take issues like this seriously. According to one of my blog entries, I'm on both sides of the debate.

People are always going to take issues like this seriously. According to one of my blog entries, I'm on both sides of the debate.

That's..what I said they should do though? People just automatically jump to the gun if you say you're not in favour, saying you're being racist etc blah blah, like no..that's not even the issue.

Edit: this goes hand in hand with slacktivisim tbh.

Last edited:
You guys remember the abortion thread?

I do believe that we're going in that direction. We better make the right turn or we will see that happen again.

On topic: like I said, I'm on both sides of the debate. One side is that I agree they can be harmful, but not all of them are bad.

Waste of time and money. Why the **** would the illegals want to get documented just so they can get taxed more and go through the lengthy process of becoming an american citizen? I mean seriously? How naive is
obama?
Because then they can stop living in fear of deportation. Because they actually have aspirations to become American citizens. Not every illegal alien is a freeloader sucking your parents' money away, friend.

And as mentioned by the earlier post, if these policies wont last whats the point?
Congress is deadlocked, so it's better than nothing in the eyes of the administration. Duh. I thought that point was ****ing obvious.

And his appeal to "America being founded on immigration" is so stupid it's funny. Yeah that was 100 years ago.
Welp. You were sure close with that figure.

We don't need illegals loading up on social programs and just bringing along all of this racial tolerance and bilingual programs and ****.
Did you really just deride racial tolerance? Haha, what the hell is going on here.

Immigrants built the country. This country has been built. We don't need more people for god's sake. Thats just such a ridiculous excuse.
Yes, because a society gets "built" and then completely stops once it's built. We can all have cushy service-sector jobs now. Yipee.

Any job, and position held by an illegal will be replaced by just some other drone. This is all sweet and stuff but wanting to make America a special, "let's be friends and where you too can be an American" motto is destructive. But that is just not how things work. Does he think things will change?
God damn your sentences are making my head hurt. Are you saying that we shouldn't allow people to naturalize? Is that it? Or that we should, just not be nice to them about it? As for whether he thinks things will change, I'd say probably.

Not to mention that he thinks he can overhaul the legislation and employ laws when he wants to? Yeah right. America is going off the rails to kiss everyone's ass and i'm sick of it.
Well he's not actually overhauling legislation, he's telling congress to do that while he goes around them. If you want to critique the use of executive order as a law-making tool go right ahead, just know that you'll probably find plenty of cases where it was employed for political causes YOU YOURSELF support.

Oh, and if you don't like it, you can GET DER HELL URT.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sure people in the previous pages have pointed this out before:

If you really want to avoid all these immigrants from Latin America, stop supporting policies that turn their home countries into ****holes.

Because then they can stop living in fear of deportation. Because they actually have aspirations to become American citizens. Not every illegal alien is a freeloader sucking your parents' money away, friend.

Congress is deadlocked, so it's better than nothing in the eyes of the administration. Duh. I thought that point was ****ing obvious.

Welp. You were sure close with that figure.

Did you really just deride racial tolerance? Haha, what the hell is going on here.

Yes, because a society gets "built" and then completely stops once it's built. We can all have cushy service-sector jobs now. Yipee.

God damn your sentences are making my head hurt. Are you saying that we shouldn't allow people to naturalize? Is that it? Or that we should, just not be nice to them about it? As for whether he thinks things will change, I'd say probably.

Well he's not actually overhauling legislation, he's telling congress to do that while he goes around them. If you want to critique the use of executive order as a law-making tool go right ahead, just know that you'll probably find plenty of cases where it was employed for political causes YOU YOURSELF support.

Oh, and if you don't like it, you can GET DER HELL URT.

This post made me laugh. You're amazing haha props to you
Awesome signature, by the way lol

Yeah, Obama really acted like he's a dictator. He forced Obamacare through Congress, told the Supreme Court to not overturn any key point, did actions without approval (remember the prisoner swap?), and tries to get as much control as he can.

do you remember the time when the House was Republican controlled and still passed the Affordable Healthcare Act.

I absolutely hate it. It's not fair to the actually legal people here. Now, America feels more like a dictatorship instead of Democracy. I KNEW Romney would do better, I just KNEW it! It's a huge problem also, because I live in Texas, a state that's practically being invaded by illegal immigrants now.

9ac.jpg

You guys remember the abortion thread?

Which one? There was the good one. Then there was pally's.

this thread makes my head hurt from the ignorance of so many people

like uh
immigrants are living breathing human beings, in case y'all forgot.

So instead of trying to make your home country better, go to a better country so you don't have to try.

I agree with this.
Although life may be terrible in your country or whatever, I find it best to stay in your country.
When my grandparents were younger, the conditions were terrible in France. For instance, My grandpa lived in a very poor family, and they only ate bread. However, he never desired to go the USA or a richer country. There was WWII at that time, he lost a friend because of the bombings. That never made him leave his country.

I don't know... But I find it very saddening that many people just run away from their country. If you guys know "the memory of Love" of Aminatta Forna, the book shows well that it is better to stay in your country. Kai (a guy in the book) wanted to go to the USA, but at the end decides to stay in Sierra Leone which I believe is the best solution.

Last edited:
I agree with this.
Although life may be terrible in your country or whatever, I find it best to stay in your country.
When my grandparents were younger, the conditions were terrible in France. For instance, My grandpa lived in a very poor family, and they only ate bread. However, he never desired to go the USA or a richer country. There was WWII at that time, he lost a friend because of the bombings. That never made him leave his country.

I don't know... But I find it very saddening that many people just run away from their country. If you guys know "the memory of Love" of Aminatta Forna, the book shows well that it is better to stay in your country. Kai (a guy in the book) wanted to go to the USA, but at the end decides to stay in Sierra Leone which I believe is the best solution.

and why exactly should people be forced to stay in a country they have no desire to be a part of simply because they were born there? why should people be required to follow this obligation, especially when every day they live in fear of being murdered by rebels/terrorists/smugglers/whatever in their own homes. why should people be subjugated to live in fear of living? in most cases, like the case with my parents, people move to different countries to run away from poor living wages and corruption within governments.

you can't expect, nor force, people to stay in a single spot throughout their entire life. the whole idea of multiple civilizations came from the widespread movement of humans across multiple continents. in theory, you can say we were born with the instinct to disperse to different areas. this is no different here. there is no singular "best" solution as you have mentioned. each individual has different needs and wants. instead of projecting your needs and wants onto other people, maybe it'd help in the long run if you supported and offered assistance to people who need that sort of direction in their life.

and why exactly should people be forced to stay in a country they have no desire to be a part of simply because they were born there? why should people be required to follow this obligation, especially when every day they live in fear of being murdered by rebels/terrorists/smugglers/whatever in their own homes. why should people be subjugated to live in fear of living? in most cases, like the case with my parents, people move to different countries to run away from poor living wages and corruption within governments.

you can't expect, nor force, people to stay in a single spot throughout their entire life. the whole idea of multiple civilizations came from the widespread movement of humans across multiple continents. in theory, you can say we were born with the instinct to disperse to different areas. this is no different here. there is no singular "best" solution as you have mentioned. each individual has different needs and wants. instead of projecting your needs and wants onto other people, maybe it'd help in the long run if you supported and offered assistance to people who need that sort of direction in their life.

wud u let someone move into ur house because they wanted to?

omg @ the comments in this thread

all I can say is I'm glad I live in canada and not the usa damn

I absolutely hate it. It's not fair to the actually legal people here. Now, America feels more like a dictatorship instead of Democracy. I KNEW Romney would do better, I just KNEW it! It's a huge problem also, because I live in Texas, a state that's practically being invaded by illegal immigrants now.

i assume you live in northern texas???

E:
this thread makes my head hurt from the ignorance of so many people

like uh
immigrants are living breathing human beings, in case y'all forgot.

same HAHAHA.

Last edited:
We've had to delete several posts in here due to their lack of content and quality. Please keep the following rules in mind before you post otherwise the thread will have to be closed:

Be sure your forum posts actually contribute to the topic being discussed.
Posts that contain solely "Lol", "This", GIF/image replies, or other short remarks are usually better suited for chatrooms than forum discussions.
Keep your posts coherent and try your best to use good grammar.

I love when people complain and pull the 'ugh illegal immgrants are just going to take jobs from us legal americans'

ok like 1rst. none of ya'll are legal tbqfh when we stole this land from the native americans come on don't act like ya'll forgot your 5th grade history class now.

2nd what jobs?!?! Oh you mean the ones where the employers pay under the table and not even at min. wage for work that no one else is willing to do??

oh ok.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Waste of time and money. Why the **** would the illegals want to get documented just so they can get taxed more and go through the lengthy process of becoming an american citizen? I mean seriously? How naive is obama? And as mentioned by the earlier post, if these policies wont last whats the point? And his appeal to "America being founded on immigration" is so stupid it's funny. Yeah that was 100 years ago. We don't need illegals loading up on social programs and just bringing along all of this racial tolerance and bilingual programs and ****. Immigrants built the country. This country has been built. We don't need more people for god's sake. Thats just such a ridiculous excuse. Any job, and position held by an illegal will be replaced by just some other drone. This is all sweet and stuff but wanting to make America a special, "let's be friends and where you too can be an American" motto is destructive. But that is just not how things work. Does he think things will change? Not to mention that he thinks he can overhaul the legislation and employ laws when he wants to? Yeah right. America is going off the rails to kiss everyone's ass and i'm sick of it.

I'm scared to ask but...what would you rather? Deport all the immigrants and make america into some purified country of just whites that were here 'legally', well damn I wonder if thats ever been done before...oh wait.

I'm not gonna get involved with the debate some people are having, since I honestly don't give a lick about US politics when keeping in mind how screwed up the entire country is. There's just one thing I keep seeing mentioned that really bothers me.

ok like 1rst. none of ya'll are legal tbqfh when we stole this land from the native americans come on don't act like ya'll forgot your 5th grade history class now.
This is not to you specifically, since you're not the only one saying it.

I see how this could be taken as a fair point, but people in the thread before have said that modern policies were not in place then. Native Americans could have been treated better of course, but guilting the descendants with those happenings is about as logical as calling someone out on their skin color.

That's not even mentioning the fact that a lot of countries we have today would not exist in that form were it not for a certain group of people deciding to go there and take it over from whoever lived there already. Think of countries like Australia, a bunch of southern African nations, Japan, the UK. Yet once it comes to the US everybody's like "but the Native Americans".

If people in the US are gonna be seen as illegal because of their ancestors, then I'm sorry but basically everybody in the entire world could be seen as illegal.

Back