• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is it worth getting the DS version after i have the 3DS

3dsatackman

Master of Fire
Bells
Pavé
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Orange Mote of Flame
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
I already have the Nintendo 64, and the 3DS version of animal crossing. Should i even bother getting the DS version? I have heard it is not nearly as good as 3ds but im sure it is better that the N64 what do you guys think is it worth getting or should i wait for the WiiU version?

Oh, I bought the wild world game about a month ago and it hasn't aged well, i'll leave it at that.

If I were you, I'd look at the list of features and even lists of features that have changed between the games, to see if any of them particularly matter to you. Unless you love some of the older features that are missing from ACNL or are curious about the older games, there's probably no point in going back.

Don't waste your time with Wild World. It was great when it came out since online play was new, but it hasn't aged well since. The N64/GC and 3DS versions are the best in the whole series.

Last edited:
I've heard that it's just a lesser version of New Leaf. Basically the same thing but simpler graphics, less features, and less fun! (boo!).

Some games don't age with time. Wild World does not have this saving grace. It's only really fun if you've played it as a kid and want to look at how your town is doing now (answer: lots and lots of weeds), but the charm of that wears off after a few minutes. So unless you're a collector or love the game series and can snatch it up for dirt cheap, I'd say no.

I wouldn't recommend it either, I never got into Wild World myself and I've been playing since GC's initial release. Like Rococo said, if you're a collector or have a lot of nostalgia for it and what not, go for it, but if not it'd probably be best to save.

image.jpg

Dude do not buy the Wii version for the rest of your life!
It has one problem
Grass wears off really fast
and it wears off every time you load up your game or you walk on it

WW is a good game in my opinion. NL kinda spoiled me, but I wouldn't say no to it altogether.
At least check it out first.

If Animal Crossing was a game that had a story or something to "complete" I'd say buy it! But because it's a game that works real time and each game basically just builds on the last version with a few new characters I don't really see the point of going back to play an older version of the game unless it was a favorite or something from YEARS ago.

I do think it would be cool to see how the town set up works and the mechanics but I wouldn't pay to see that, I'm sure there are videos or a ROM of some sort that allows you to try it for free.

And if you were collecting then you could also get it.

I guess it depends what exactly you plan on doing with it.

Wi-fi's canceled... And the Wii U will be a whole lot more fun. ;)

Well if you really are invested in the series I suggest you go and buy it.. I LOVED Wild World and New Leaf was kind of a let-down for me, even if I am still totally in love with the whole series.
The villagers in Wild World felt more "special" and their personalities were much more defined, compared to New Leaf, wich focuses on personalizing the town as the mayor and all that good stuff ^_^"

I would kill to get my Nintendo DS Lite working so I could play one more time *sniffles* :')

I had a lot of fun playing Wild World - online play was awesome! But by next year, you won't be able to play online on the DS. There are some events like the Acorn Festival that New Leaf doesn't have but unless you really want Wild World, I wouldn't suggest getting it. New Leaf, in my opinion, is better (though very repetitive at times) as you can customise your town and personalise your character more (for example changing the shoes, eye colour etc etc) - in Wild World you couldn't.

And the Wii version... I really wouldn't recommend it. As OliviaMagic said, the grass wears very quickly so your town wouldn't look too good unless you cover it all up with paths.

So, like a lot of other people are suggesting, just stick with the games you have.

Back