I would love to take town tune requests! {problem! No flats/sharps}

RiC David

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I'll make any melody - if it fits, I'll make it! As long as it can be found on YouTube/Dailymotion/whatever, I'll check it out and compose a town tune from it because I love melody composers and haven't been able to take requests since the old Nokia ringtone days.

I wish there was more you could do with tunes than just the one town tune and letter tunes. Letter tunes are great, I'd just love to be able to have interactive musical signs or an item that plays tunes. I haven't seen everything in the game, of course, so I'm just guessing these don't exist so unlikely...

[Edit]

Realised after posting this that apart from not being able to make short notes, you can't use any flats or sharps (black keys on a piano, if you were playing a basic 'C' scale/do reh mi). Problem is that I'd guess most people who'd know if a melody has any flats/sharps can probably compose tunes anyway!

Last edited:
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (the original, by Lauper). No questions as to why, please. :p

Any part will do, really. But preferably from the chorus.

Last edited:
So you'll take requests for any song? That's nice of you ^^

Do you think you could make a town tune out of the song "Reflection" from Mulan? Specifically the part where she says "who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?"

I also wish more intricate town tunes were an option. But nope :c

Can it be Video games too? It would be nice if you could make the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Rogueport theme at the very beginning From 0:03 to 0:07, it might fit. Here's a video to get you started without looking it up.

Any part of I like Giants (kimya dawson) or Anyone Else But You (moldy peaches) would be cool c:

Yes! I've been looking for a thread like this for ages. Buddy Holly and The Crickets tunes don't exist, lol. Let me go find a song.

To everyone who responded, sorry for not replying sooner! I kept remembering then forgetting, you know how it is (hopfully)!

I'll get to work on all of those and anyone else who wants a tune made, feel free to request it - I'm on it now!

Woah that's a lot of work~
See of you could make a town tune version of KK. Bossa, I've been trying forever :>

Oh god I'd love the city folk City Theme
I love that theme
I think the town tune like from 0:04 to 0:09 or from 0:09 to 0:13 would fit
This is the night theme, sounds more like a piano :p

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (the original, by Lauper). No questions as to why, please. :p

Any part will do, really. But preferably from the chorus.

Okay I've done two versions because, well, I'm not sure what part you meant by chorus because the chorus is really the "we just wanna" fill part - I made Cyndi's vocal part that's sung over the top:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ERR79rN6Ef

Although you can't make notes shorter so it sounds kind of silly but...it's kind of likeable maybe?

2l8ezxw.jpg

What you might have meant was the end of each verse where she says "Girls just wanna have fun" so I did that. There isn't enough room to repeat it though so it sounds a bit short:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1s7V0k7u3rd

2edunid.jpg

Don't know how well either of those will work. You can still give me another suggestion if you want because those are a bit shaky.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So you'll take requests for any song? That's nice of you ^^

Do you think you could make a town tune out of the song "Reflection" from Mulan? Specifically the part where she says "who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?"

I also wish more intricate town tunes were an option. But nope :c

I tried to do this and realised the major problem - you can't have flats or sharps! That makes this impossible unfortunately, it's also going to make most requests impossible I think. I didn't realise that before I offered to make any song!

It's doubly awkward because I don't think most people will know if the melody has those notes in. Basically all the white notes on a piano/'do reh mi' notes are fine but nothing else.

Okay, I'm going to run through the rest of the list and see if any can be made.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can it be Video games too? It would be nice if you could make the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Rogueport theme at the very beginning From 0:03 to 0:07, it might fit. Here's a video to get you started without looking it up.

I'd be happy to but this theme doesn't work because of the flat/sharp issue. Sorry bout that!

Oh, goodness, PLEASE one of my favourite songs, Fred Astair's "Cheek To Cheek" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOYzFKizikU

Preferably the part of the chorus where he sings, "When we're out together, dancing cheek to cheek." If that isn't too long.

This is really nice of you!

This one works! I mean it obviously doesn't have the flourishes or anything and it now has that funny wooden sound like you're playing a xylophone (I...I know what I mean)
but it doesn't use any flats or sharps and so I'm happy to be able to deliver a request!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Ma6G9HYpwA

14dhs81.jpg

If that sounds too wooden then change one or more of those grey hippo notes (they're the pauses) to the dashes ( - ) which are the 'hold notes'. I find it more charming the way I posted it but it's really easy to change it.

Good job you asked for that part because the "Heaven..." part requires shorter notes (or stretching everything and sounding terrible)!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Luigis mansion original theme?

This unfortunately has sharps/flats (see earlier comment - I didn't realise before taking requests!), sorry!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Any song? Even if it isn't an English speaking song? :eek: Because if so, I would really really appreciate it if you could make this into a town tune: http://youtu.be/zA1BLfVDCVo (like the first few notes of the song).

I'd love to but unfortunately this won't work with the AC composer. Since making this thread I've realised I can't use flats or sharps and this probably rules out every Turkish song in existence as it limits it to the major/Ionian scale (white notes on a piano). Sorry!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh god I'd love the city folk City Theme
I love that theme
I think the town tune like from 0:04 to 0:09 or from 0:09 to 0:13 would fit
This is the night theme, sounds more like a piano :p

I had to shorten it (speed it up) to get more than just a few notes in (stretched notes and rests take up as much space as new notes so...) but if you can deal with a slow waltzy song sounding quick and chirpy then here's what I've got:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s10IJJ7lREGh
3vrmd.jpg

That long note sounds too long but it can't be shortened without pulling everything else out of rhythm. I'd love to have made the more interesting part that comes after but it uses flats/sharps so maybe next game!

Last edited:
Woah that's a lot of work~
See of you could make a town tune version of KK. Bossa, I've been trying forever :>

Sorry! If you've been following the thread you'll know what I'm going to say! It's impossible I'm afraid - but at least that's why you've never managed to do it eh?

The "waves crashing down" melody can be done (have to change the key) but the next repetition only sounds interesting because of the different notes the rhythm/bass plays..then what plays next can't be made.

What's annoying about this limitation is that you can actually get flats and sharps when you choose the '?' random notes! Of course, they're random so you can't actually use them unless you want to roll a 12 sided dice every time (that's a d12 to old school RPGers) and hope your note comes up!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Any part of I like Giants (kimya dawson) or Anyone Else But You (moldy peaches) would be cool c:

Okay I like Giants is really major key so I can do that. Here are two versions, 1st is same sort of pace as the original (only with that silly wooden sound they have using this composer); 2nd is the same melody but stretched to sound more tune-ish (can't fit the full line in though so it's just a melodic intro):

1st:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1a85jNAVeoz
ok68uc.jpg

2nd:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0HUU4LLBHd7
308ifcl.jpg

Okay that's all of them. Man that took longer than I anticipated but it sped up once I got the photographing/recording/link sharing part down.

So yeah, any songs without flats and sharps should work. Basically if you're not good at singing and you can still hum the song and sound great, it's probably a song without flats or sharps.

When the song I wanted for my town tune had flats and sharps in it, I just changed it to another key so it wouldn't. I don't know a ton about reading music so I don't know if that's the correct word, but what I mean to say is if a song was supposed to start on say C and that resulted in the song having sharps and flats, I tried starting the song on D instead to make all the notes a little higher, but the overall tune still the same. If starting on D still resulted in sharps and flats, I just kept going until I found a scale that didn't have sharps or flats that worked for the song. This may not help for some more complicated songs, but it might at least expand your options for some simpler songs. I hope this made some sense. XD

Back