• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ever given blood?

I did last month because they lowered the weight requirements. It was fun and I got free soda and a free tshirt :)

I think donating blood is a great thing but I don't think I could ever do it - the thought of a needle going into my arm & drawing blood makes me really squeamish. It's bad enough when I had to get blood tests previously. D:

Nope, never. They tell me I'm too weak.

I don't think I'll ever want to anyway.

Never, simply because I'm terrified of needles. The only time I will ever have a needle is when it's absolutely necessary and the doctor/dentist has spent the past 30 minutes bribing me into it.

If I wasn't terrified of them? I probably would.

I want to, but I have heard too many horror stories from donors about the donations they have given. I used to have a job where I called previous donors and asked them to donate again at a future date and schedule an appointment if they said yes. The negative responses I have received included anything from collapsed veins to inexperienced nurses who had to insert needles multiple times to extraordinarily long wait times. I also have been in hospitals many, many times, so I am a little needle shy. If I knew that I would have a pleasant experience; I would donate, but I heard more negative experiences than good.

No, and it's not even I'm scared of blood to needles. One time watching a show they were all secretly vampires taking free blood and I find it hard to trust those people now. I mean I just can't. ;-;
Stupid Disney show. -_-

If they're vampires, at least you're stopping them from going out and hurting/killing people for blood. :)

I donate as often as I can. :)
The first time I did it, it was a bad experience because I hadn't eaten that entire day (stupid, I know, but you couldn't tell my restricting ass that) and I threw up all over the bathroom and it was just bad.
This last time I donated I did a double red, which is a lot easier than the standard? At least in my opinion. I did it because the nurse was saying double reds usually go to cancer patients and since cancer has killed so many people in my family, I wanted to do it. It was cool watching the machine sort out the plasma and stuff.

i'm put off less about needles pricking my veins (i endured two needles going into my eyeball so i'm tuff kthx) and more about the huge amount of blood being drawn out of my body. big no-no. so not worth it just for some cookies and a tshirt.

I have never donated blood due to my extreme hatred of needles. If I can get over it someday, I would gladly donate. But, as of now, I can't even bring myself to get a flu shot :(
Same >_<
I don't like the feeling of having a needle inside me ;-;

I donate whenever I can. They always need my blood type. Also if it wasn't for others donating I would not be alive.

I tried to give blood three times, succeeded once. I'm anemic so it takes some preparation and a lot of iron consumption beforehand to qualify. And even then I'm just barely over. Unfortunately, I'm AB+ so my blood can't go to anyone but AB+, and they can take any blood type. I'm not in high demand. The Red Cross still hounds me for more donations, though. Too the point I memorized their phone number.

When I get blood work done I always get super lightheaded after @_@ So probably never donating blood :s

I wanted to before but 3 days before that I had a runny nose so I was unable to donate.

Back