• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I've lost all motivation to play this game.

Kaygo~

♡ Mage of Heart ♡
Bells
So, I took a break from my game for about a week?
The last time I played, Pietro (My all time favourite villager) wanted to move out. I told him to stay.
Then I took a break, and when I came back on Isabelle told me that I didn't save my game the last time I played.
I went into my town and looked worriedly at my villagers.
And Pietro was gone.

I looked for him for months. I got him through camp resetting which took forever. And then I lost him, and I cycled just to get him back, now I've lost him again.
The only problem now is, I have lots of dreamies in my town.
Marshal, Skye, Whitney and Genji. I also have Tangy who isn't a dreamie but who I really like.
I don't know what to do to be honest.
I'm thinking of cycling my dreamies out and selling them and then letting someone I trust hold onto my money until I reset my town?
I'm not sure.

I just want Pietro back, that's all. </3

Are you sure you're not just talking out of the frustration of having lost Pietro?

If you love your town otherwise, I don't think you should reset. Cycling through 16 is tough, but Pietro isn't very rare or expensive so you can get him back easily after that.

However, if it's a big problem for you and you can find someone to hold your villagers and items, then do it. I just think you should wait a while longer until you're less upset so you can think it through. It's easier to regret resetting a town that not resetting it!

I'm sorry that you lost Pietro again. In the future, you should try to be more careful about saving after telling him to stay and making sure he doesn't leave. There are a few guides with advice on keeping your dream villagers and they might help you.

I hope you end up making a decision and that, whatever it is, it's something you end up happy with. :)

Last edited:
Oh no, I'm so sorry this happened. If those villagers are still your dreamies you should keep them and try to cycle without losing them because once you cycle through 16 villagers you can get pietro back.

Just take a break. I ended up playing the game nonstop for about 2 months, then had to take a break (which lasted most of the year.) I reset my town (as it was a mess) and now I love the game more than ever c:

I've began to cycle now.
Honestly I don't like my town at all. (Layout wise)
So I'm going to sell my dreamies, get a friend to hold my money and some items, and then reset for the perfect town layout!
And I can also plot reset and camp reset when I get my new town.
It'll be great, and I definitely will not TT.
:33

I've began to cycle now.
Honestly I don't like my town at all. (Layout wise)
So I'm going to sell my dreamies, get a friend to hold my money and some items, and then reset for the perfect town layout!
And I can also plot reset and camp reset when I get my new town.
It'll be great, and I definitely will not TT.
:33

Yay, see don't worry about it! Things will get better. Just take it one step at a time, and you'll get Pietro back. ^^

On a side note, if you really are about to reset (wich I suggest you to do, at this point), don't go for the Beautiful Town Ordinance from the get-go, but wait until you get the Weed-picker archievement ;)

Yay, see don't worry about it! Things will get better. Just take it one step at a time, and you'll get Pietro back. ^^

Hehe, I know I'll get him back soon. :33

- - - Post Merge - - -

On a side note, if you really are about to reset (wich I suggest you to do, at this point), don't go for the Beautiful Town Ordinance from the get-go, but wait until you get the Weed-picker archievement ;)

Oh yeah, that's a good idea! ;>

Suggestion: Write down on a small piece of paper your last active game date. Then take a break from playing "Animal Crossing: New Leaf." When your mood brightens, you will know more clearly what to do.

Back