• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Official Fire Emblem: Awakening Thread 2.0

Mm, Fire Emblem. I've been playing since FE7 and still have the cartridge to this day.
I've beaten FE:A about 5-6 times, all quite fun. Have some of the DLC and I really enjoyed it. Grinding DLC for Lunatic is mandatory.

Really? D:
I really wanted the grinding pack and the ones for DLC skills but didn't have enough, I bought the story packs instead.
I tried Hard but lol the cost for the Reeking Boxes is 4800 gold, so I used Spotpass teams instead. Apparently that doesn't help in Lunatic...

Really? D:
I really wanted the grinding pack and the ones for DLC skills but didn't have enough, I bought the story packs instead.
I tried Hard but lol the cost for the Reeking Boxes is 4800 gold, so I used Spotpass teams instead. Apparently that doesn't help in Lunatic...

Not mandatory but if you aren't incredibly good it won't do anything. And no, Reeking Boxes give 1 exp to each unit in Lunatic but are super high level so you probably won't be able to take them on.

It's more strategy. It's more than likely you are not very good hahaha

You are probably right! haha
I can't make it past chapter 3 in lunatic but personally il think of that as a good thing that I even made it past the previous chapters X)

I can't make it past chapter 3 in lunatic but personally il think of that as a good thing that I even made it past the previous chapters X)
I got to Chapter 6 once. I was just like yussssss. The other times I couldnt get past 2 or 3

I'm playing Normal/Classic mode right now. Even though it is frustrating when a party member is lost I feel the game lacks any strategy if played on casual.

FINALLY got it in the mail. I absolutely love it! My avatar is on fleek. ;)

For those who don't know, the hardest chapters in Lunatic are actually the first 5, because it's before you unlock any access to wireless content.

I'm on chapter 15 or so on my Lunatic Classic file, I always play Fire Emblem games on the hardest difficulty once I have them unlocked.

I've been playing Fire Emblem since the gba version as well, so I'm used to losing units for good, not that I do, I always restart if that happens. I find it makes it much more challenging. Although I enjoy the challenge I've also had multiple normal casual files on Awakening. I actually have around 200 hours or so on it, haha.

The only thing I didn't like about Awakening is that I wish the story was at least 1.5x longer. I know there's DLC but the story is still too short.

I guess another thing is that Lunatic+ being more of a joke and not a real difficulty is kinda disappointing. I wish they could have made something actually playable.

Last edited:
Well, it still does, just less of it

The only ones you really need to defend is Chrom and your tactician. Besides for that you can basically just blindly charge in and attack everything with your other characters and not care who falls in battle technically.

I'm playing Normal/Classic mode right now. Even though it is frustrating when a party member is lost I feel the game lacks any strategy if played on casual.

You're basically right. Units level up too quickly and you don't actually have to think about what you're doing because your units most likely will not die.

I'm very interested in this game. Is it worth buying? I've never played a Fire Emblem game, and was wondering if Awakening is a good start to the series.

It looks like a lot of fun.

I'm very interested in this game. Is it worth buying? I've never played a Fire Emblem game, and was wondering if Awakening is a good start to the series.

It looks like a lot of fun.
Awakening was my first game, and I tried touching Shadow Dragon, and it was fun, but it wasn't as good to me, so I scrapped it.

Also, the Casual Method where you can play without losing your characters when they die (like in real life, no regeneration) is great for beginners. It is a harder entrance to the series when you lose your characters as you learn how to play. Once you get used to the game you will want to branch out into Classic mode.

Awakening was my first game, and I tried touching Shadow Dragon, and it was fun, but it wasn't as good to me, so I scrapped it.

Also, the Casual Method where you can play without losing your characters when they die (like in real life, no regeneration) is great for beginners. It is a harder entrance to the series when you lose your characters as you learn how to play. Once you get used to the game you will want to branch out into Classic mode.

Thanks for your opinion! This game seems to have a lot of replay value, which is always a great thing.

Since I have never played a Fire Emblem game, the casual method that you outlined, sounds perfect for a new beginner like me. (If I buy the game.)

I just wanted to know, how is the main story? Is it very good or just average? I'm hoping to get into a new RPG series or just game that seems to have a very articulate storyline.

Also, if you were to rate the game on a scale of 1 to 10(being the highest), what would you score, the game and why?

Thanks a lot for your input! :D

Thanks for your opinion! This game seems to have a lot of replay value, which is always a great thing.

Since I have never played a Fire Emblem game, the casual method that you outlined, sounds perfect for a new beginner like me. (If I buy the game.)

I just wanted to know, how is the main story? Is it very good or just average? I'm hoping to get into a new RPG series or just game that seems to have a very articulate storyline.

Also, if you were to rate the game on a scale of 1 to 10(being the highest), what would you score, the game and why?

Thanks a lot for your input! :D
A lot of people feel like the story is average, but I really enjoy the story. It has a few surprise elements in it, such as being able to raise "support" level by pairing units up in battle and from there certain units can marry each other, bringing in extra story line that I found to be a very interesting touch. You can customize your avatar's appearance, certain other character's appearances (its a surprise ^-^), and every character's class and skills, based on a set of classes, containing certain skills, based on their character. Overall, the story I feel was very elaborate and I enjoyed reading the dialogue.

12458945892345892349239468 (or 10 XD)

It gives SO much creative freedom, plus I love turned based RPGs that take place on a grid-like map. It has a very good story (to me at least), the DLC allows you to grab up to 10 (I think?) characters from past fire emblem games, and it honestly is just time consuming. I spent over 300 hours on a profile once. Also, the characters all have back stories which you find out about through both support conversations with other characters and the story line.

If you get the game, I hope you like it as much as I do. I'd say it is my overall favorite game of all time.

A lot of people feel like the story is average, but I really enjoy the story. It has a few surprise elements in it, such as being able to raise "support" level by pairing units up in battle and from there certain units can marry each other, bringing in extra story line that I found to be a very interesting touch. You can customize your avatar's appearance, certain other character's appearances (its a surprise ^-^), and every character's class and skills, based on a set of classes, containing certain skills, based on their character. Overall, the story I feel was very elaborate and I enjoyed reading the dialogue.

12458945892345892349239468 (or 10 XD)

It gives SO much creative freedom, plus I love turned based RPGs that take place on a grid-like map. It has a very good story (to me at least), the DLC allows you to grab up to 10 (I think?) characters from past fire emblem games, and it honestly is just time consuming. I spent over 300 hours on a profile once. Also, the characters all have back stories which you find out about through both support conversations with other characters and the story line.

If you get the game, I hope you like it as much as I do. I'd say it is my overall favorite game of all time.

Sounds great! Thank you for your detailed analysis.

I'll probably jump the gun and buy it. It definitely sounds right up my alley.
I haven't watched much gameplay of the game, so I'll probably take a look at that before making a final decision.

It must be pretty awesome if it's your all time favourite game! ;)

One last question though, it is an open world time game? By that I mean can you free roam, before you advance the main story, do side quests, etc?

Last edited:
Sounds great! Thank you for your detailed analysis.

I'll probably jump the gun and buy it. It definitely sounds right up my alley.
I haven't watched much gameplay of the game, so I'll probably take a look at that before making a final decision.

It must be pretty awesome if it's your all time favourite game! ;)

One last question though, it is an open world time game? By that I mean can you free roam, before you advance the main story, do side quests, etc?
There are some side quests, and in turn, you can get items, recruit new members, e.t.c.
There are a lot of side quests, actually.

There are some side quests, and in turn, you can get items, recruit new members, e.t.c.
There are a lot of side quests, actually.
It isn't like one map to where you can walk around and go certain places, but Aradai did a good job describing it. There are only four you get originally, but there are 13 you get via marrying and 5 you get via wireless.

Last edited:
Back