• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Cheap (annoying) characters?

Bells
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake
Cake
I don't know, for me I see smash bros as a game that should be fair for everyone. Even though some characters are picked over others, they all have the same chance of winning. Yet their is the few characters who become to overpowered and cheap, Ganon for instance, he hits increbibly hard and can spam his down special constantly or pit his moves are strong and fast. Does anyone have this problem with cheap characters?

Rosalina's an interesting definition of 'cheap'. While the definition of 'cheap' depends on your playstyle and the playstyle of the opponent. Let's say we have three people. A and C use the same character but play him differently. B plays a different character. B and A battle, and B thinks A is cheap because of the way their playstyles work against each other. B plays C and doesn't think C is cheap because C's playstyle doesn't use the character the same way B did.

Rosalina however, is 90% cheap. Because ninety percent of the people I fight use Rosalina the same way, she continuously bothers me.

Even though I use Rosalina as well I find her annoying to go up against. They usually just spam luma shot but in the end I wreck them

I agree with everyone that it's definitely Rosalina. Everyone that uses her just uses the same attack and its such a pain to go up against her ><

I seriously can't stand versing Little Mac though. He's someone I battle constantly and I always have trouble versing, especially in omega stages.

I would say Little Mac, but that's to be expected.

King Dedede can be annoying though.

Pikachu because it repeatively spams thunderbolt and I wanna kill it.

Really the Thunder has been significantly nerved this time around, as it's a Meteor.
Now people have to come up with strategies for Pikachu rather than spam Down-B.

I don't really see any of the characters annoying...Just the people who use them.

I admit I find Rosalina users mostly annoying simply because they try to do the same thing the entire match. I've gotten pretty good with her though and I try to use Rosalina and Luma as two separate characters, meaning I won't get KO'd the moment Luma gets smashed due to incompetence.

Anybody who uses a character with a 'counter, such as Marth. I've had games where the other 3 people have spent near the entire round just using the counter attack. It's just so friggin' irritating, not to mention boring. (they don't even win, so why do that?)

Got a new one.... Ness

PK THUNDER!
PK FIRE!
PK FLASH!
PK SHUT THE **** UP!!!!

Last edited:
I've never come across a cheap character but I find Diddy Kong annoying because of his side-b.

Rosalina sadly. She's cheap in everything she's playable in. But I don't hate her as a character, but when I see someone playing as her I can't help but think "oh great another one".
Mario Kart is the worst now for Rosalina & Link. They're being played to death, so much so in fact I've been in 2 races where it was 8/12 people using Rosalina. Earlier I had a 6/11 Link race. Link seems to draw slightly more novice people in for both MK8 & Smash Bros. In my experience anyway.

Link seems to draw slightly more novice people in for both MK8 & Smash Bros. In my experience anyway.

I don't think the "in my experience" can really be said for something that's only been out around a week...But I think everybody is using him specifically because he is a new character and the 'new novelty' feeling is still there. I expect significantly less people will be using him in the near future.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Another one that I remembered...Wario. People just tend to get out his motorcycle and spend the entire match riding back and fourth. It's just so irritating, I can't even think of a good metaphor to describe how irritating it is.

Last edited:
I think the most annoying is just heavy characters. 3 hits and you're dead. lol obviously that's an exaggeration (sometimes..)

but i play light characters most the time, and going on for glory and running into a whole bunch of bowser, ganon, charizard, dedede, and capt falcon players in a row gets frustrating.

Back