White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Red Lily
Hello TBTers! December 20th marks our 10th birthday. That's right, 43 days from now The Bell Tree will be a decade old! Since this is a particularly special milestone, we will be celebrating over the next couple of months.

Today, November 7th, also has some significance, although it was never given a name until now. From now on, November 7th will be known as The Bell Tree Founder's Day. This was the day that I (Jeremy) started working on TBT in 2004. The other staff members back then joined me in early December. And on December 20th, the board was opened to the public, which is why we celebrate our birthday on that day.

Celebrating 10 Years of ______

You've probably seen the banner: "Celebrating 10 Years of TBT", or maybe "Celebrating 10 Years of Community." Most of us haven't been here for that long, but we've all gained something special from this forum. So what are you celebrating after 10 years of The Bell Tree? Friendships? AC villagers? Collectibles? Mayhem? Post your celebrations in this thread and the best ones will be put in the banner!

Dates

November 7th: The Bell Tree Founder's Day
November 7th celebrates the day that work on the forum began (based on Jeremy's join date).

November 29th - December 30th: The Bell Tree Fair
The Fair itself was created to celebrate TBT's birthday. There will be many contests, events, and prizes during this period. This year's Fair is even more important because it marks a decade since the site's launch in 2004. The fair will start on November 29th, which was pushed back a week from the date announced in the last Bell Tree Direct. This was done because the original date was a day after the launch of Smash Bros. for Wii U and it would also be starting in the middle of American Thanksgiving. We also wanted to condense the period in which the Fair will take place.

December 20th: The Bell Tree's Birthday
During TBT Fair, we will be celebrating The Bell Tree's tenth birthday on December 20th.

Happy Founder's Day

Today is the first observed Bell Tree's Founder's Day. In celebration, the first 100 people who click the following link will earn 40 bells! http://www.belltreeforums.com/credits.php?code=NOV7TH2004-2014

yay I think this might be the first time I scored free bells

who are our founding fathers? are they still alive?

Yay first time to experience the tbt fair~ excited for it!
oh and thanks for the free bells. :D

Yay, Happy Founder's Day :) I've only been here for about a year, but I've been involved in TBT a lot. Through this site, I've found all my dream villagers, only took a year or so :rolleyes:

I used to not be interested in collectibles, but I guess as I was on here, I was gifted my first collectible, which was the April birthstone that is under my avatar right now. That sparked my interest in collectibles. Now I'm posting in the Restocks thread for restock hype and I'm still wanting blue candy...

TBT is a great community, and I have definitely met a lot of friendly and generous users here. I guess that is what I'm celebrating here on TBT. :)

out of curiosity, do you guys change up the fair on a year-by-year basis, or is it kinda more or less of the same?

or something of a middle ground?

Congratulations!!! I just recently joined this bustling and vibrant community. I haven't been a part of a forum since my huge NarutoFan days back in middle/high school. It really feels nostalgic interacting with a forum community filled with such kind, generous, and polite people. 10 more years!!

10 years! That's really amazing.
I can't believe that it's almost been a year since I, myself, decided to join TBT. Met tons of nice people with generous hearts, and decided to do the same. Loving the users here <333

Yay! Happy 10th and congrats to Jeremy and the awesome TBT staff!

I'll be celebrating all the events, fun, and interactions with other TBT members. :D

Whoa TBT is older than some of it's members
Congratulations! I love being a part of this community.
Also very excited for the fair. :blush:

yay I think this might be the first time I scored free bells

who are our founding fathers? are they still alive?

Me, Bulerias, TYOSHI90 (Flummoxer), Bastoise99, and some others. Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 is usually considered one even though he came slightly later after he finally listened to me! I think his late arrival is one of the reasons Bulerias became the #2 at the forum... but that was a long time ago so Idunno. You might also include Zero_13 and Sporge27, although they weren't made mods until much later. Some other prominent members from that time who didn't become staff include PKMNRULES!, Link1704, JJRamone2, CYNDAQUIL34, and GBMASTER1022. A month or so later we also had Mino, Linkerator, ƒish, and Propaganda Man join (all but Propaganda Man were mods). If you're wondering about Justin, he joined that summer. Everyone during this time came from the NSider Forums, as explained in the last podcast episode. See this for the member list by join date: http://www.belltreeforums.com/memberlist.php?order=asc&sort=joindate&pp=30

I may have just joined this year but it has been one of the best years my short term can remember, through the thick and thin people have been there to pick me up. This has really been a growing experience I and I want to thank you.
TBT Is Celebrating 10 Years of Hospitality, Acceptance, and Friendships

TBT Banner.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back