• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Public Work Project Question

myow

zzzt
Bells
Fortune Cookie
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Moon Ball
Moon Ball
Moon Ball
Father's Day Carnation
Father's Day Carnation
Pokéball
Pokéball
So I actually haven't completed any Public work projects in my town yet and I was just curious if once you make them you can delete them? I know you can't delete the Campsite but what about benches and lamp posts and such? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't know :p

Hi! This isn't a dumb question, I was wondering the exact same thing!

When it comes to benches and lamps, thankfully you can delete them but you must pay a fee of 10% of the price. (I'm pretty sure that's what it is:3) Thus meaning, if I were to build a bench that would be 34,000 Bells, then if I were to want to demolish it I would pay 3,400 bells. They then demolish it overnight and you can't work on anything else throughout the day :(

Hi! This isn't a dumb question, I was wondering the exact same thing!

When it comes to benches and lamps, thankfully you can delete them but you must pay a fee of 10% of the price. (I'm pretty sure that's what it is:3) Thus meaning, if I were to build a bench that would be 34,000 Bells, then if I were to want to demolish it I would pay 3,400 bells. They then demolish it overnight and you can't work on anything else throughout the day :(
Thank you so much! Now I can finally build my bench without being stressed about it being permanent XD I really appreciate you answering :)

Another handy thing is, you can demolish a PWP on the same day as building a new one. What you need to do is set up the PWP you want to build first, but not donate anything to it yet. Then you can go back into town hall and sit in your chair and talk to Isabelle about PWPs. Then pick the demolish option. You can knock down one PWP and once that's paid for (she takes the money as you're sitting in your chair), you can go back outside and pay the bells for your new PWP. That means the next day, you'll have a new PWP, and the old one will be gone. I find this really handy for when I'm doing some major re-landscaping!!! :)

Another handy thing is, you can demolish a PWP on the same day as building a new one. What you need to do is set up the PWP you want to build first, but not donate anything to it yet. Then you can go back into town hall and sit in your chair and talk to Isabelle about PWPs. Then pick the demolish option. You can knock down one PWP and once that's paid for (she takes the money as you're sitting in your chair), you can go back outside and pay the bells for your new PWP. That means the next day, you'll have a new PWP, and the old one will be gone. I find this really handy for when I'm doing some major re-landscaping!!! :)
I have never heard this before, and I can't wait to try it. I've always demolished first, and then she won't let me build anything. Thank you so much for the tip!

There are certain project you can't delete like the Reset Surveillance Center, campsite, police station, and Brewster's cafe but the typical decorative things like lampposts and benches are easily removed. Renovation public works projects that let you change the exterior of the town hall and train station can't be outright deleted but you can renovate them again to get them back to normal. Public works projects that let you add things to your main street like Club LOL and the Dream Suite can't be gotten rid of but they don't get in the way of anything so it's nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Oh wow thanks for the tip!!! Im finally designing my town to finish it and have been demolishing everything to re- place all the pwps in a certain way :D

Back