• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

I've come to the conclusion that the inkzooka is amazing (for sniping) after I've gotten multiple double kills with it and some triple kills with one use, nobody is safe.

Gotta love Walleye Warehouse and Blackbelly Skatepark for this, giving me a 7 game win streak and level 10. very nice.

I've come to the conclusion that the inkzooka is amazing (for sniping) after I've gotten multiple double kills with it and some triple kills with one use, nobody is safe.

I'm still happy with the Splattershot Jr. I keep trying other weapons but I'm not that fond of them.

Me just loving my default weapon the game lets you have from the start :3

I'm still happy with the Splattershot Jr. I keep trying other weapons but I'm not that fond of them.

I have to admit I swap between the Splattershot Jr. and the Krak-On Splat Roller, depending on the two maps used at the time. I've bought several other weapons, just not used them yet. May change though tomorrow or Sunday.

The Jr. was my go to weapon before I unlocked the Aerospray from single player I believe.

Weapons that paint ground faster are the best for points so I just went for the faster fire rate+Inkzooka and it's been working well. Jr. is still a solid choice though.

side note, Arowana Mall is awful.

Am I the only one who thinks the seeker is the best sub weapon? XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Jr. was my go to weapon before I unlocked the Aerospray from single player I believe.

Weapons that paint ground faster are the best for points so I just went for the faster fire rate+Inkzooka and it's been working well. Jr. is still a solid choice though.

side note, Arowana Mall is awful.
How is it bad? It looks pretty interesting in videos :/

Ahhh that is good. You posted here Justin time to let us all know, thank you Justin.
I am going to be busy this weekend, but judging by your avatar, that seems like a cool plan. XD
The reviews paint a pretty picture.
It is definitely an ink-redible new IP for Nintendo.
odamn i didnt know u were jav?
btw HELPFUL HINT u've used the "ink-redible" pun literally 2349823849 times... thats is #1 golden rule to never do if ur a pun expert 0/10 rip u tried

I may have a few more games by Summer... Did you like the Justin pun?
well if she ignored u the first time what do u think..

I hear puns on his name so often that I just roll my eyes at them now. Sorry!
thx love u do u want jigglypuff?

Same here. Nothing beats the fire rate of the Jr + the shield so far for me.

Spoils-er-ish

Man, I'm barely on World 3, but these Sunken Scrolls are starting to make me feel bad for the Octavians. AY, but that's what they want ye to think! It's gonna be a blast popping them apart.

Although, is anyone else confused by what exactly the bosses are supposed to be? Are they just giant tentacles inside machines?

Last edited:
Same here. Nothing beats the fire rate of the Jr + the shield so far for me.

Yea, that's what I love about it :D

It's such a good weapon for being really aggressive with whilst still having a decent amount of coverage :3

With all the other guns it feels like I'm losing more and more coverage as they get 'quicker at killing', with the chargers and their silly thin line making me think "why am I even bothering to ink with this thing?".

I just found out I'm getting the three-pack of the amiibos ^^
EDIT: Does anyone know what gun you get with the squid amiibo?

Last edited:
While I was playing on Global Testfire, I wasn't enjoying motion control aiming because of I had to recenter the camera far too often than I would've liked and stuck with the Right Stick aiming. Problem with the configuration I went with is that I hardly get enough accuracy to guarantee hits on my opponents during a sticky situation.

Now that I had more time experimenting with motion controls, my opinions have changed to be much more favorable. Because it appears that I can still use the Right Stick to move the camera horizontally, yet I have to tilt my GamePad up or down to move the camera vertically. I could also tilt it horizontally, but that's not exactly a reliable alternative to the Right Stick and is best left when I'm only slightly off from my target, since I would have to frequently recenter the camera. Therefore, I have to not move my GamePad when I'm not actually splatting anything.

One minor complaint that I have is that there isn't a way to restrict GamePad tilting camera to vertical-only. Had it implemented, I wouldn't have to worry about aligning that bulky controller with the TV screen.

I just found out I'm getting the three-pack of the amiibos ^^
EDIT: Does anyone know what gun you get with the squid amiibo?

I just had a quick look but all I can find is an image of the gun, no actual info about it. I'm sure somebody will come along with that info though.

download (14).jpg

While I was playing on Global Testfire, I wasn't enjoying motion control aiming

-snip-

Now that I had more time experimenting with motion controls, my opinions have changed to be much more favorable.

I was sort of the same. I didn't think that motion control was awful during the test fire, but I certainly didn't want to use it regularly. I couldn't get rid of the thought that it was just Nintendo trying to push their gimmicks again.

It's all I've used since it arrived though and I really can't imagine using only the right stick for aiming now. It just feels a lot more accurate, as well as being able to more easily aim quickly or slowly when needed, which analog sticks often struggle with...It essentially just removes the problem of 'analog sensitivity settings' entirely which always seems to feel either too sensitive or not sensitive enough in shooters.

I do have to 'realign' it a lot though (pretty much with every spawn), but since that's assigned to a really easy to access button rather than via a menu it doesn't really bother me.

The multiplayer is so amazing. I made it to level 9 today. I mainly used the Splatshot Jr. since the Splatshot didn't work out too well for me last time. I also played a little bit of that one mode (don't know the name) where you try to rescue those fish and I played the first boss. That was cool too.

Just got the game. Was supposed to be for my birthday but we went to the store and just grabbed it.

It's late but I'm gonna squeeze in some playtime tonight. Never played the demo or anything so I have no idea what I'm doing lol

It's still kinda surreal for me that this just came out. (it's so good i'm crie) I reached level 10 today . (it's lonely tho bc I have no Wii u friends. who wants to play.)

It's still kinda surreal for me that this just came out. (it's so good i'm crie) I reached level 10 today . (it's lonely tho bc I have no Wii u friends. who wants to play.)
I'll play with you when my mum brings the game home in about 3 hours if ya want :p

Last edited:
This game looks really good and interesting; can't wait to pick it up! I was really impressed by the demo too ^.^

Back