• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

Brad

Ask About Dark Candy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
ぶ
う
つ
森
ど
Dark Candy
User Title Color Change
Oh my god! Who else is ready for this game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I pledge allegiance to our Lord and Savior Splatoon.

HYPE THRUSTERS ENGAGED
I AM GONNA SPLATOOGE EVERYONE ON HERE AND DO A SPEED RUN IN 4 HOURS GET REKT N00B I WILL ALSO HAVE THE HIGHEST ONLINE RECORD BEST GAME 2K15 RIP XBOX RIP PLAYSTATION SPLATOON SQUID FOR SMASH DLC FAM

Playing the demo of it at an event got me seriously hyped up for it. That trailer during the Direct just made me 10 times more hyped. Thank you, based Nintendo gods.

praise-jesus-o.gif

It makes getting a Wii U tempting for me... I really want to give it a go since the trailer from the Nintendo Direct looked really good :3 I'll have to see how my finances are around its release...

So hyped for Splatoon! Waiting a year at a time for everything is a pain though, aww. :(

I've been ridiculously excited for this ever since the first mention and trailer. I, for one, have never been a big fan of shooter games, since pretty much all of them seemed to be centered around military settings and using dull earthy colors, relying on things like headshots to take out other players, full of blood and blowing people up, obviously marketed toward males/men, and generally just very unappealing, in my honest opinion. And it frustrated me to heck that almost all shooters were just like that.

Then Nintendo came out with Splatoon and it's like the breath of heavenly air that I've been waiting for. Finally a shooter with some personality, bright colors, interesting and imaginative characters and concepts, plenty of multiplayer action, and it's fun and lighthearted. I couldn't have asked for more and I can't wait for it to be released.

I watched the trailer out of curiosity (I don't have a Wii-U) and this game looks really fun!

This game looks so cool! I'm not a particular fan of shooters, but the ones I've seen look so dreary. This, on the other hand, is so colorful and looks like a fun party game! Although I won't be getting it, in the near future at least, it's only because I don't have a wii U yet, and I'm planning on getting other games. I hope I can try it out at a friend's house or something though, because it looks fun!

Playing the demo of it at an event got me seriously hyped up for it. That trailer during the Direct just made me 10 times more hyped. Thank you, based Nintendo gods.

praise-jesus-o.gif

how was the demo? did it play well? also i love your gif in the sig

I'm not really hyped. The visual style is meh, and the gameplay doesn't look that fun to me. I do like shooters, but I like First Person shooting to kill, this game isn't really drawing me in.

I'm so hyped for Splatoon that it's rolling over into not caring. Please nintendo I need more hype

(Can't find any other Splatoon threads even though I know there's more.) New info released from Famitsu
-The interview is with producer Hisashi Nogami, who is known as the director of every Animal Crossing up to City Folk, and directors Yusuke Amano, who also directed NSMB2, and Tsubasa Sakaguchi, who was a character designer on Twilight Princess and art director on Nintendo Land.
-The Inkling city (where the plaza is) is known as 'Highcolor/Haikara City' in Japanese.
-The concept of two teams of four shooting ink in a turf battle has been there since the original prototype, even though the characters where tofu-like blocks at the time.
-They experimented with other team sizes, but found with more than four players felt like they had little effect on battles, and with less than four that they had too much responsibility.
-Killing/attacking opponents online to prevent them from painting ink is just one strategy to win. You get no points or advantage directly from doing so.
-Hero mode uses basically the same controls as online matches, so anyone with difficulty in the can use the hero mode to practice.
-Ideally, you'll be matched with players of a similar rank to you (based off of experience points earned in matches). If not enough players, they'll put you with people further away from your rank. If there's only 8 players, you'll be matched together.
-While online is focused on just painting the ground, hero mode focuses on using the ink to move forward.
-Amano says he wants you to be able to look at the map on the GamePad and see where needs to be worked on for your team.
-No way to directly communicate with people you've been randomly matched with. They will appear post-match in your Plaza, where you can check out their gear, weapons, and comment.
-They picked squids because they were the best at representing the gameplay present in the prototype.
-Music for stages is random. Possible that I'm misunderstanding, but each player will have a different song while playing.
-Music is designed to be the sort that would be popular with the young Inklings involved with the turf battles.
-Rather than making some huge number of stages, they want to create stages that feel different when you use different weapon combinations.
-You don't earn money for gear in single player for balance reasons. Someone could grind money in hero mode and have their first online match with high level gear.
-In the final stages of development now.
-Aiming for, more or less, a simultaneous worldwide release.
-They plan on supporting the title post-release.

So basically a practice mode and DLC, maybe amiibo confirmed. Yus!!!

Back